Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Getting a pad is X-Box 360 wired pad a way to go

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I'm using a 360 pad and I think it's alright. A little too small for my big manly hands tho.
It feels like the original Xbawks controlleris the only one designed for adults.

Athelas

Arcane
My old generic cheapass pad has some problems working with modern games and while looking for a reasons I've discovered that there is some new standard in gaming and only a wired X-Box pad is guaranteed to work with everything. How true is that?
And now, emulators don't help, my pad seem to not work with them either.
You can use a program called x360ce to make games recognize any gamepad as a xbox360 gamepad.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Xbox 360 wired. This thing is a work of art. I play as delicately as a gorilla on steroids and this thing still works perfectly after all the abuse i've inflicted on it. The only problem is that the stick is too sensitive for certain games, like shmups, but there are cheap alternatives for those.

Last edited:

Dexter

Arcane
Why are you all playing on a Wired one? Wireless ftw. The "Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows" come with a Wireless Receiver for USB that you can use for up to 4 pads. Get rechargeable battery packs for it and it works fine.

Got immediate support im most games nowadays since XInput is standard. Just don't expect to play any fighting games with it, the D-Pad sucks ass.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I got a used Xbox 360 pad like 5 years ago for $20 at a pawn shop. Works great and I barely use it anyway.

I briefly owned a PS4 before selling it for a profit and that controller is fucking great though. Much better in every way for my money. Maybe one day I'll trade up, but I'm not sure how good compatibility is.
You can use the xinput wrapper I posted with the PS4 controller. Games will see it as a 360 controller and it will work great.

Severian Silk

I got one that was apparently manufactured and sold by GameStop. Anyone know if these are better than Microsoft's?

Also, which is better: d-pad on top (Playstation) or analog on top (Xbox)?

[edit]

Hmmm... GameStop doesn't seem to have the model I bought on their site.

Last edited by a moderator:

deuxhero

Arcane
I'm going to say PS3 controller is pretty good, especially if you are emulating as it is the ONLY way (or maybe some PS2 adapter) to emulate PS2 games with pressure sensitive button support correctly (The majority are driving games that use it for the accelerator and brakes, but The Bouncer, which is a tech demo for that feature, and the MGS games use it to my knowledge)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom