Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Generation Xth: Code Hazard v0.99 FULL VERSION ENGLISH PATCH W/ ENGLISH MANUAL!!!

Zetor

Arcane
Some class notes based on playthroughs: warrior is a solid frontliner, good both against groups and single target. No spellcasting ability though, which kinda sucks. Paladin is a must have, they get Aegis at level 10 which is how you keep your squishies from getting murderized by the endgame enemies, plus they get some extra healing / support spell slots. Samurai is good for AOE, not that remarkable otherwise... mage spells aren't that substantial since their INT is probably going to suck and they aren't getting the utility spells you'd want a mage for (map, float). In general, the spellcasting ability of physical hybrids is best spent on buffs, debuffs and healing.

Archer and ninja are both amazing... they can both hide in shadows and do massive damage to distant enemy groups, and they make surprisingly durable frontliners. Ninja is a slow starter though, only comes into its own around level 6-7; also, the hardest-hitting ninja weapons are melee range, so if they're not stealthed or using the ranged weapons (shinobi source, shuriken, etc) they can only attack from the front row. Make sure to keep anti-X weapons on them so that you're doing max damage to whomever you're fighting, esp since changing weapons/equipment is a free action. X = ghost/phantom, demihuman, machine (not mandatory, but recommended, fuckers have a lot of defense), beast (same, though only some beast types). They're physical classes, so keep pumping str and agi.

Cleric is obviously a must, and the MP switch ability has some nice uses if you're doing a lot of class changes among your casters. The PC version has class change where you keep your casting ability from your previous classes (this was dumbed down for the Vita port /rage), so you can just switch your casters around once they hit the level cap (15).

Now for the classes you're missing: mage (tsukuyomi / amaterasu) is handy because they can cast map and float, but those can be replicated from consumables if needed (there are some obnoxious levels where you'll need to cast it 5+ times in a row, thx dispel tiles), but if the shop runs out of those consumables you're stuck farming and/or SOL. Mage nuking power is not bad, but pales in comparison to what an archer or ninja can do. Scholar (moses / joshua) on the other hand is pretty much indispensable unless you have someone with high luck and don't mind getting fucked by trap RNG now and then. Also, since caster stat requirements are very close to each other, you can start off all of your casters with a level in mage/cleric/scholar, which gives them a ton more spells to use early on.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
from what you're saying sounds like i should dump my samurai for a Mage, and have my front row be: warrior/paladin/ninja and the back row be mage/archer/cleric.

why is the scholar so indispensable? is he the only one that can disable traps? if so i could dump the warrior and have my front row be paladin/ninja/archer - back row would then be mage/scholar/cleric.

in elminage the main reason to keep chars in a certain class is for their high mastery skills, such as keeping around an otherwise USELESS alchemist so that their synthesis ability keeps going up, or having at least 1 lord instead of the MUCH superior valkyrie because of their court of sanctuary mastery ability.

is there anything similar in code hazard?

Zetor

Arcane
Yeah, scholar is basically the rogue/thief class in this game. You CAN make do without one, but dealing with traps and lockpicking doors is going to be a pain. There's also a ton of scholar-specific gear in this game, most notably the EXE weapons, which are long-range, have a huge to-hit bonus, and inflict status effects on hit. Not particularly high damage, though.

e: there are some class skills, and the most important one is Aegis (paladin level 10). Others are mainly just improvements for character performance, like Concentrate / Burst for mages, Mana Decode for clerics, Iajutsu (melee aoe attack) for samurai, Rush (multi-hit melee attack) for warriors, and of course the assassinate skills for archers/ninja.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
i re-rolled my party and am currently trawling through the morimoto building with:

front-row: warrior/ninja/paladin
back-row: scholar/mage/cleric

all are "Balanced" types. (this game's version of races).

also all are either Good or Neutral. front row is male and back row is female. yes i'm sexist.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
holy shit this game does not fuck around.

every single enocunter is a possible wipe.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
hey, how do i make use of plugins and source materials? i think i have everything else pretty much down. currently about halfway through the first real mission the 4 star return-trip to morimoto.

edit: never mind i just found some JESUS PANTS +1. i'm all set. :D

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
is a lower THACO on a *weapon* better or worse? hammers in most wiz-like games tend to be innacurate but with a wide damage range and the mega hammer my pally's using right now has a +1 THACO (which i THINK means the same as in Elminage, i.e. it's less accurate).

am i correct?

edit: reading the game manual answered my question.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
i swear to fucking christ i spent almost half the day trawling the goddamn morimoto building because i didn't know you had to trigger an NPC conversation that appears without any warning whatsoever in the 1st floor you start at once you reach the final floor.

i thought i was fucking hallucinating when i saw the npc icon while mindlessly speedrunning the first floor hallways out of frustration. of course once you speak to the thing/event as soon as you return to the third floor that mysterious room you were sure was the conclusion but was empty is now "operational". GODDAAAAMNNN JAAAPSSS

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
"super goblin" mini-boss in first portal abyss wiped my party in 1 turn.

i like :)

edit: it seems it was just some sort of party-wide counter attack in response to my 1st turn unity move. i fought him a secnod time now and just did standard debuff/buff and won super easy. :(

Last edited:

Zetor

Arcane
Yea, most fights can be handled with the same tactics (buff/debuff/magic shell), unfortunately, though the end boss and postgame bosses will fuck you up pretty badly if you try to stall like that. Boss fights also tend to be weird in that the boss is often the least threatening enemy, though wiping them out via long-range assassination skills is still a priority.

Super goblins actually become a regular enemy later in the game... also, I think the super goblin section is also where enemies start to have actual abilities instead of just autoattacking or casting a spell ever so often. Run into the Hellhounds doing Barkbark attacks yet?

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
i'm currently finishing up mapping the South District's 2 floors of the Kagura (sp?) Restricted Area, the one that has 4 districts each one named for the cardinal points.

party is at level 7-9 atm and i believe this would be mission number 10 or 11 haven't really kept track. i couldn't find anything noteworthy inside the S. District so next time i boot up the game i'll clear the others. this dungeon is the first honest to goodness "insert generic dungeon here" and even so it's still pretty good. it's not obnoxious by any means.

the enemies i'm currently fighting are shit like anime-tanks that are basically mechanized toy tanks (they hit hard but go down easy IMO), poison hounds (i've never let them live long enough to trouble me), some variations of different types of fat trolls and hobgoblins who can get in a lucky shot on my back-row sometimes if i decide to just to spam attack and stop paying attention; and some slimes (i think? can't remember) who out of nowhere cast some sort of mage nuke on my party and wiped me during a random encounter just as i was leaving out the door of the dungeon to go to base.

oh yeah, lizard-women types also show up i always make sure to target them first via paladin's m-range lance and my two hybrid-casters' mage spells in the first round (if they're not up front otherwise my front row murders them).

the difficulty curve is very unpolished but it's still very recognizably from the same school of thought as (obviously) early wizardry but more to the point its sister series from partner-companies/studios like elminage and class of heroes. beginning of the game is absolutely BRUTAL due to low hit points and abysmal gear and lack of resources then you enter into the mid-game "honeymoon" phase where you party starts steam-rolling / auto-battling through almost every encounter and then you hit the mid-game "warning" dungeon(s) where enemies with instant-kill abilities/spells or big damage nukes or special resistances start popping up and force you to go back to base and review your partys gear and optimize it in different ways.

i'm guessing the "boss" or "Bosses" of these 4 areas in this district will be my first real challenging fights if things continue as they are at the moment. btw, i really like experience's use of spinner tiles and dark areas in generation xth 1, more so than in class of heroes 2 (haven't played coh 1); i especially like the little touches like how they graphically distort your mini-map indicator so you're never quite sure what direction you're going inside the dark area.

elminage gothic's royal tomb is still the best dungeon use of dark areas / no-teleport zones / chutes / spinners and teleporters and also the best and most simple use of switch-puzzles for door progression. that dungeon was the very best dungeon in the entire game and i still think about it whenever i think about elminage or 'crawling in general. i think the only way i'll ever play through dungeons as grandiose and murderous as the royal tomb will be when i finally get off my ass and actually start clearing wiz 1, 2, and 3. (and of course... one day, wiz 4. saving that for my graduation ceremony).

Zetor

Arcane
Well yea, the sewer level is a bit generic. It gets a bit trickier when you return to it in the postgame, though. Speaking of which, have you explored Babel yet? That one has some pretty evil level design later on (though again, it only really comes into play during the postgame)

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
yeah i'm finding babel sphere quite interesting. some creative 20x20 usage in those floors. right now i'm down to level 3 but can't proceed any further until i level up more.

gonna go and map out the remaining two districts in kagura restricted area since the mission i was completing didn't require me to do it.

btw, i have yet to be able to open of the locked doors that guard red "treasure chests", such as the first one you encounter in the morimoto building and/or the ones i've seen all over kagura.

i have hacking key A's, and i have babel key B's, and i have a scolar. wtf do i need to do? (i don't mean the ones that require a switch to be pressed. the game is explicit about those.)

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
thank you! never would've bothered to figure that out.

btw, my samurai learned the ATTACK EVERYTHING skill and that shit is just RIDONKKK. I unequipped a two-hander unique he was using and gave him 2 daimyo katanas, each upgraded to +4 (i'm completely out of metal nooo) with sword #1 anti-machine + water, and sword #2 anti-supernatural + fire; then made my warrior's giga-axe +3 (told you i ran out of metal...) and made it anti-creature + earth, and my paladin's mega-sword made it anti-demihuman + dark, coupled with a Holy Task option-gear on him.

anyway the samurai just fucking destroys absolutely everything now. that skill is completely ridiculous. if this were elminage or something a bit more hard-core it would utilize a skill point system of some kind. they got it right with the warrior's Rush skill since it does the same thing as the samurai BUT he has to charge it for 1 round. that's fair if it's no cost.

it just makes me realize that the best possible front row is really just 3 samurais. once they reach level 8 it's the coming of the apocalypse. was going to change my warrior to samurai but his stats don't align; need to level him up 2 more levels in order to do so. I'll grind him back up to a decent level, i don't care; it's obvious the samurai's the best damage dealer.

or does the warrior have anything cool that's worth keeping him?

Zetor

Arcane
Warriors aren't that good, honestly, though they are a bit tankier than all other frontliners other than paladins. OTOH samurai - while really good against groups of trash mobs - kinda suffer against bosses. Also, you definitely want a paladin on the front line in the postgame unless you like your squishies getting gibbed randomly...

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
yeah it's the only reason i haven't changed the pally to sammy. i already know he'll learn some type of protect-all skill that'll be indispensible; quite similar to te Lord's court sanctuary actually in elminage series. i'll change the warrior to samurai or ninja as soon as i am able. it'll be a pain grinding him back up to a respectable level... ESPECIALLY since gear is level-gated. UGH.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
don't the posts work in the OP? just download the game off THE ISO ZONE or EMU PARADISE jesus just fucking google it.

if after 24 hours you still haven't googled it PM me and i'll upload it to my dropbox.

coffeecold

Novice
The posts in OP are just for the translation patch. I have that. Can only find the demo of the game otherwise. Emuparadise and ISO ZONE don't have this game. I've googled extensively for it and the only thing I can find are dead torrents on sites no one goes to.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
FINEEEEEEEEEE

give me a few to upoad the thing. it's 600-700mb's should take me like 2 hours to upload it. i'll PM you the link. it'll already be pre-patched too weee

i should also leave the link here as well but i don't know if that would get me banned under the totalitarian dictatorship that is the codex nowdays

FINEEEEEEEEEE

give me a few to upoad the thing. it's 600-700mb's should take me like 2 hours to upload it. i'll PM you the link. it'll already be pre-patched too weee

i should also leave the link here as well but i don't know if that would get me banned under the totalitarian dictatorship that is the codex nowdays
gibe too pls.

I've played the english demo but that was it.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
uploading to firedrop a zip version now. i mistakenly uploaded to dropbox just the folder without zipping it first and dropbox doesn't allow direct-downloading of a folder... lol

i also have on firedrop already uploaded .zips of wizardry chronicle (half translated), wizardry empire 2 (fully translated), wizardry empire 1 (you know the drill... half translated), hiragana battle: learn hiragana by beating this jrpg to surivve! (localized) and other random stuff, like the ps2 iso of wizardry gaiden 6: prisoner of the battles (in-game option to change language to english except the dialog) and the iso for elminage 1 on psp (localized). once the GTXH zip is done upping to firedrop i'll just spam your inboxes with all the links i have.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
that way you guys can upload the same .zips to other places and we can keep these games alive. right now i think i am probably 1 out of like 10 ppl outside of japan with the wizardry chronicle game .zip safely stored, same witht he wizardry empire game .zips. this is a crime against humanity!

so while simultaneously sharing the .zips with you guys i would i appreciate it if you also upload them to firedrop or dropbox to help keep access to these games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom