Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Generation Xth: Code Hazard v0.99 FULL VERSION ENGLISH PATCH W/ ENGLISH MANUAL!!!

MrRichard999

Game re-worker!
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Wanted to post this for EsperKnight as he just released his final patch for Generation Xth: Code Hazard :D
empty.gif

Final Final Release : Full Version 0.99 (10/2014)

empty.gif
esperknight Today at 3:43 pm

I apologize for the delay for this. It's completely my fault as I kept forgetting. I've put together a (hopefully) 99% version of Generation Xth: Code Hazard. The only thing I'm aware of not translated is the default team names (one day I'll find them...). Everything else should be working. So consider this still a beta release.

Due to real life stuff on both sides, some work was lost which is why we're not completely sure this game is beatable. I'm 95% sure though
icon_smile.gif
So please report any bugs here (I'll try to remember to check back here) or feel free to email me at esperknight at yahoo. Or PM me as well (which should message me... I think...)

Also, this is for the NON plus version. So the regular edition. I have no idea if this works with the plus edition. It may though so feel free to let me know
icon_smile.gif

So yeah... without further ado:

Here is the link to the installation patch with a English read-me which is included!

Enjoy!

I. Installation
-=============-
WARNING: YOU NEED FULL UNICODE SUPPORT TO ENJOY THIS GAME FULLY IN ENGLISH.
All versions of Windows *after* Windows XP should not have an issue displaying the in-game font, but if you have a Windows XP machine
or older or another OS that DOES NOT have East Asian language support installed, please install the MSGOTHIC.TTF font
included in this archive. The easiest way to do this is to browse to your Windows\Fonts\ folder and select the Install
New Font option from the File menu, then select MSGOTHIC.TTF, or simply copy and paste the file into the Fonts folder.
A reboot may be required.

This includes a self installing patcher to convert the full version game into English. Just run it and point it to the directory that Xth: Code Hazard is installed to.

It is strongly recommended that you play Code Hazard with a 10-button gamepad. A PS2 controller works great. Be sure to read the HTML manual (open index.html in the MANUAL archive included) for information on controls, basic gameplay, and background information on the game world. If you have any questions, check there first!

II. FAQ
-=====-
Q. What is this Code Hazard nonsense, anyway?
A. Code Hazard is the first entry into the Generation Xth series of dungeon-crawling role playing games by developer Team Muramasa. You've likely heard of Wizardry, from which a large portion of this game takes it's base, but you may not have heard of a Japanese-only version called Wizardry Xth. Wizardry Xth and Xth 2 were two PS2 Wizardry titles, notable for their smooth gameplay, ease of control, and unique crafting system created by Team Muramasa back when they were called Michaelsoft. They moved on to re-form as Team Muramasa and began creating indie games using a similar formula and being published for PC under EXPerience, Inc. The main difference is that Generation Xth takes place in the near-future, in Tokyo, and is a bit more focused on plot and dialogue than it's predecessor.

Q. It's too hard!
A. It sure is! The original Wizardry games were very punishing and it was quite an accomplishment to complete one. Code Hazard isn't quite as hard as Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord (Wizardry I) but it has its moments. There are plenty of tricks to staying alive and progressing, many of which have been discussed on the translation forums (linked at the top of this readme). Give the forums a visit, post questions if you have them, and don't give up!

III. Credits
-==========-
Project lead/Translator/Images: shram
GoodGuyProgrammer: esperknight
Testers: taubu, Zetor, Static, felipepepe, crookedbee, Hafl, Dubnium, cj_iwakura

Special thanks to romhacking.net, wordpress, and forumotion
And HUGE thanks to Team Muramasa for making these great games!

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
i meant the GAME download. from what i can see the game is 500-600 MB's big but there are no seeders whatsoeer on any site :(

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
for the life of me i cannot get the text to display. the text boxes remain invisible.

this is what i did:

1. installed GXTH1.iso and entered the serial number from my super-duper legal copy of the game and all that. The installer was in japanese but everything installed correctly.

2. downloaded the "just_the_files" and "installer" .rar's linked in this thread. decided to extract/copy-paste the "just_the_files" into the game's installation directory.

3. installed the Gothic.tff font type and REBOOTED.

4. game starts up fine using either of the two executables inside but both feature invisible text-boxes.

amdus

Arbiter
Maybe try to change "Language for non-Unicode programs" to Japanese in system regional settings.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
just tried that but it makes my windows 7 not boot. it says NLS data is missing. hitting f8 and choosing last known good configuration brought me back.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
i'm installing a 100mb japanese language pack i found googling for win7 sp1 (which is what i have) and see if that fixes things.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
nope. no dice.

i'm just going to emulate windows xp in order to play the game.

flyingjohn

Arcane
nope. no dice.

Just tested the game with English patch and everything works fine on windows 7.
Have you tried installing the Japanese patch and then patching the game to English?

H-K

Learned
nope. no dice.

Did you try to install it through applocale with UAC disabled before installing the english patch and run the game through applocale after applying the English patch? I remember having to jump through some hoops just to install applocale on Win7 though and some more hoops to run it as administrator to allow it to install programs.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
no i haven't done the applocale stuff. to be honest i don't even understand exactly what's meant by "running the game through applocale". so sorry desu ne.

could you make a small bullet point list of the steps you took?

EDIT: i don't have UAC warnings; that component was/is uninstalled from my l33t version of windoze 7. i have considered that the issue may have something to do with the fact that i'm running a "distributed" 2gb version of win7 32-bit that's installed from USB but i've never run into a single problem playing a game before in the 4 years i've ad it installed.

considering there's a few "hoops" i didn't jump through when installing the game gives me a little hope i won't have to re-install the OS just to play the game.

H-K

Learned
no i haven't done the applocale stuff. to be honest i don't even understand exactly what's meant by "running the game through applocale". so sorry desu ne.

could you make a small bullet point list of the steps you took?

EDIT: i don't have UAC warnings; that component was/is uninstalled from my l33t version of windoze 7. i have considered that the issue may have something to do with the fact that i'm running a "distributed" 2gb version of win7 32-bit that's installed from USB but i've never run into a single problem playing a game before in the 4 years i've ad it installed.

considering there's a few "hoops" i didn't jump through when installing the game gives me a little hope i won't have to re-install the OS just to play the game.

I mean this:
RyeForP.jpg

jNFFVgv.jpg

jNFFVgv.jpg

Which hopefully will result in this:
mdjx6Pa.jpg

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
it was my windoze installation. I haven't tried out the game just yet but I installed a different, more "normal" distribution of windows 7 and I can already tell many differences.

for example in the complete list of wizardry games and wiz-clones thread all of the Japanese titles have always appeared ?'s and square blocks and | bars. I thought this was because I didn't have a Japanese language pack installed; turns out it was just my shitty usb-distro of windows 7.

ATM I'm installing drivers and whatnot and re-installing software but I can already see the Japanese Moon Runes properly in that thread, so I'm betting GXTH will work.

Viata

Arcane
Talk about being unlucky. I don't remember even doing anything like that. I just download the trilogy, installed and started playing like any other game.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
well it makes sense I suppose. I WAS using a stripped-down distro of w7; makes sense stuff like Japanese characters would've been taken out. I always thought you needed individual language packs for foreign character display but I've been doing quick tests visiting different websites while my shit installs and I can finally see Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, et al characters displayed properly.

this could be a good point to bring up for people who have trouble with this English patch and with the English patch for labyrinth of touhou which I also could not get to work either. I noticed in the shrine-maiden forum that a lot of people could not get the LoT English patch to work.

EDIT: SUCCESS! thanks for this translation!

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
i created a warrior, a paladin, a samurai for the front row

for the back row i made an archer, a ninja and a cleric

SORRY I MEAN A USIGAWAKENANE and a SIEGFRIEND&ROY and ANGELCAKE

motherfucking japs

i haven't started the first dungeon yet simply because it took me so much time deciphering what the fuck was what. after creating the six characters i went into the dev lab and accessed the databank and gave everybody a dagger, a wand, a hat (hairband/hairpin), a "shirt" and some "pants". i chose the str/vit shirts and agi pants for the front row (war/sam/pal) and chose the in/pie shirts and luck pants for the back row (ninja/archer/cleric).

advice? comments? opinions?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom