Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Turn-Based Tactics Gears Tactics - turn-based tactics prequel to Gears of War

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/gears-tactics

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/gears-tactics---windows-10/9PNJ8VXWQ8HN

dce86588-b3fe-4ddd-8301-8b5049ea445a.jpg

69f04f27-15bc-4426-893f-ce17690e0ca8.jpg

Game features
Immersive and character-driven story
Play as the defiant soldier Gabe Diaz, rescuing and building your troops in a journey of leadership, survival and sacrifice.

Customizable squad and equipment
Prepare your troops to face tough enemies, upgrading their skills and outfitting them with loot collected in challenging missions.

Aggressive gameplay
Command your squad in fast paced, turn-based battles, advancing and surviving intense and visceral encounters with the unstoppable, swarming enemy.

Massive boss battles
Defeat towering deadly bosses that defy your strategies and completely change the scale of the battle.

Announced at E3 MS conference.

xxeF38t.jpg

PC exclusive, at least for now.

https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/games/gears-tactics (Absolutely no details yet.)

(Probably not directly related, Epic once developed an RTS called Gears of War Tactics.)

Last edited by a moderator:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Developer is Splash Damage (of Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory and Brink. Yeah, basically multiplayer shooter developer. They also worked on Gears of War 4 multiplayer): https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/community/whatsup-e3-edition

Strap in for this one Gears fans - Gears Tactics is a first in so many ways for the Gears franchise.

Not only is this the first ever true Gears PC experience our fans have been asking for, it’s also the first time Gears has ventured into a new genre: turn-based tactics.

So what is Gears Tactics? Developed in partnership with Splash Damage, you can expect a sweet sandwich of fast-paced brutal action and turn-based tactics including squad customization, upgradable weapons and abilities. Oh, and, it wouldn’t be Gears without some epic boss battles now would it?

Gears Tactics is in development now and will share more details including release timing at a later date.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
All AAA companies that bitch about turn-based games (and other experimental projects) being too risky to develop should just give their pre-existing assets to smaller teams and let them play with new ideas.

xmd1997

Educated
Wonder if its going to have a strategic layer? I doubt it but it would be pretty interesting to see how they handle it if they do it.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
:necro:

https://kotaku.com/gears-tactics-one-of-e3-2019s-no-shows-is-still-in-de-1835465432

Gears Tactics, One Of E3 2019's No-Shows, Is Still In Development

At E3 2018, longtime Gears of War producer Rod Fergusson showed off a new PC game called Gears Tactics and announced Gears 5 and Gears Pop as well. This year, Microsoft’s Xbox briefing only mentioned those last two.

Never fear, Fergusson told Kotaku today. Tactics remains in development.

“Last year we wanted to really talk about all three games and show that Microsoft is tripling down on the Gears of War franchise, but now that we’ve had that we’re really trying to make sure it’s not always this three-pack… We’ll talk about Gears Tactics later.”

Tactics has no release date, and it sounds like Microsoft is focused on promoting two other Gears games before they get back to it. Gears 5 will be out in early September, and that Xbox One and PC game seems to be getting the bulk of the focus for now.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Wonder if its going to have a strategic layer? I doubt it but it would be pretty interesting to see how they handle it if they do it.
Usually, games with a tactics suffix don't. Most are a sequence of missions (sometimes with branching path, but seldom open ended like X-COM or JA).

cretin

Magister
Douchebag!
whenever i see stuff like this I dont get my hopes too high for the interpretation of "tactics" being anything more involved than the old find, fix, flank, finish fare.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
April 28, on Windows Store and Steam, no console release for now:

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/gears-tactics

dce86588-b3fe-4ddd-8301-8b5049ea445a.jpg

69f04f27-15bc-4426-893f-ce17690e0ca8.jpg

Game features
Immersive and character-driven story
Play as the defiant soldier Gabe Diaz, rescuing and building your troops in a journey of leadership, survival and sacrifice.

Customizable squad and equipment
Prepare your troops to face tough enemies, upgrading their skills and outfitting them with loot collected in challenging missions.

Aggressive gameplay
Command your squad in fast paced, turn-based battles, advancing and surviving intense and visceral encounters with the unstoppable, swarming enemy.

Massive boss battles
Defeat towering deadly bosses that defy your strategies and completely change the scale of the battle.

laclongquan

Arcane
Why those sonofabitches!

Where is my blonde bombshell of a slut? I ask you, where?

This will flop like a motherfucker unless they can add that in time.

Note: while there's a masked char, the name Marcella Trinh say she's Viet half, so she's asian mixed. While it's possible she's blonde... somehow I doubt these SJW fuckers will make her that way.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They obviously want to "push" the people into the microsoft subscription service and therefore giving huge price points to other services... I don't know how smart that is

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom