Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gearbox working on new Brothers in Arms title

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://au.ign.com/articles/2015/07/16/gearbox-working-on-authentic-new-brothers-in-arms-title
GEARBOX WORKING ON 'AUTHENTIC' NEW BROTHERS IN ARMS TITLE
Currently "in the incubation phase."

Gearbox Software is working on a new "authentic" Brothers in Arms title, according to Randy Pitchford.

Speaking to IGN at Develop: Brighton, Pitchford explained the project was still in its early stages and extra help was being sought, but once this was locked down he expected things to happen quickly.

"I think the next Brothers in Arms game has to be authentic and we have been working on that," he says. "I feel we have unfinished business there with both the fiction and the history and I’d like to get into that. I spend a lot of time thinking about it.

"Sadly it takes a lot of resources, energy and money to do what must be done, so it’s not something I feel I could completely do alone. I need good partners for it, so we’ve been talking to great folks but it’s really putting all that together that’s the limiting factor. Once we put all the partnerships together in terms of publishing, collaborators and creatives, we can talk about it.

"I feel like I’m on the brink of it, but we’re not quite there yet. Once it happens development will really take off and then sometime after that - if we don’t completely kill ourselves - we’ll announce. But we’re in the incubation phase with the next one there, for sure."

For more from our talk with Pitchford, including what's next for Gearbox, the situation with Borderlands 3 and his thoughts on the Alien: Colonial Marines controversy, keep your eyes on IGN very soon.

Don Peste

Arcane
Seriously? Brothers in Arms is an overrated schematic game whereby you go through a linear path doing the same suppress and flank mechanic against brain dead Nazi mooks that fall for the same routine 50 times in a row. It seemed cool the first time you saw it, but after a few hours it was like "is that all there is?". The other games in the series were virtually identical and Hell's Highway introduced even more generic COD derp such as the sniper mission where you casually waste dozens of oblivious Krauts to protect some kid that dies anyway to your own side without any kind of deeper reflection about the futility of war and whether the 'good' guys are actually that good. The Germans are naturally the moustache twirling bestial huns. Wolfenstein had more nuanced enemies!

The only good thing Gearbox made was Opposing Force back in 1999. Borderlands series is ok for what it is too but still the familiar Gearbox 'one trick pony' show is there to see with every game being more or less the same.

I'm enraged that this pseudo developer that did nothing much apart from mission packs and ports and some average but mostly rank games has lasted so long (thanks to lucking it with Borderlands) while much better developers disappeared into oblivion. Where's the justice? Shit really does float....

laclongquan

Arcane
Luck is an important factor. Dont forget, devs of King of Dragon Pass couldnt make any worthwhile game after it either.

Same as the dev of Prince of Qin. Their subsequent games are a terrible waste of time.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Seriously? Brothers in Arms is an overrated schematic game whereby you go through a linear path doing the same suppress and flank mechanic against brain dead Nazi mooks that fall for the same routine 50 times in a row. It seemed cool the first time you saw it, but after a few hours it was like "is that all there is?". The other games in the series were virtually identical and Hell's Highway introduced even more generic COD derp such as the sniper mission where you casually waste dozens of oblivious Krauts to protect some kid that dies anyway to your own side without any kind of deeper reflection about the futility of war and whether the 'good' guys are actually that good. The Germans are naturally the moustache twirling bestial huns. Wolfenstein had more nuanced enemies!

The only good thing Gearbox made was Opposing Force back in 1999. Borderlands series is ok for what it is too but still the familiar Gearbox 'one trick pony' show is there to see with every game being more or less the same.

I'm enraged that this pseudo developer that did nothing much apart from mission packs and ports and some average but mostly rank games has lasted so long (thanks to lucking it with Borderlands) while much better developers disappeared into oblivion. Where's the justice? Shit really does float....

Brothers in Arms would be great if it had large/wide levels like what was seen in Ghost Recon.

I did enjoy my time with the series even if they were all fairly linear (especially the last of the bunch). The aesthetics and gruesomeness of the games were a breath of fresh air compared to the Medal of Honor/Call of Duty games (which were also linear...).

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
I'm still hoping they are working on it.

BiA trilogy is the most underrated shooter. In fact i'm gonna replay it.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Pitchford explained the project was still in its early stages and extra help was being sought, but once this was locked down he expected things to happen quickly.

In possibly related news, they opened a new studio in Quebec to develop "a new game within one of Gearbox's currently held IP's".

They're hiring developers for "a 1st Person Action game" with "realistic environment": http://quebec.gearboxsoftware.com/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom