Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Read "Gaze into the fist of Dredd!" - LR some Judge Dredd

Random

Arcane
Patron
This is regrettably my first dose of Dredd, but I can see why it's a cult classic.

Sneak preview:

o7us52n.jpg

grotsnik

Arcane
The hunt's first victim is murdered in an alleyway named after a deeply unremarkable UK TV camp comedian of the '00s. Unlike 'Michael Parkinov', it seems to be a random joke. But I DON'T GET THE JOKE AND THAT ANNOYS ME.

Plz continue, also.

Cassidy

Arcane
M2F brain transplant on page 2 already? That is a new record!

Was it because of guilt? More like:

:codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
So yeah, the net was praising America, so I went and ordered it. What a goddamn disappointment. Sure, it's probably one of the best dredd comics when it comes to writing and with as few silly stuff as possible, but who gives a fuck ? You read Dredd for the badassery, the black humor and the over the top totalitarian silliness. Trannymerica didn't even have Dredd for fuck's sake.

Anyway, MOAR

and if you have any Brian Bolland stuff, I'd like to see it.

So yeah, the net was praising America, so I went and ordered it. What a goddamn disappointment. Sure, it's probably one of the best dredd comics when it comes to writing and with as few silly stuff as possible, but who gives a fuck ? You read Dredd for the badassery, the black humor and the over the top totalitarian silliness. Trannymerica didn't even have Dredd for fuck's sake.

Anyway, MOAR

and if you have any Brian Bolland stuff, I'd like to see it.

Yeah, Judge Dredd isn't about some stupid liberal BS message, it's about watching an over the top world gone to hell going to hell in an amazing over the top way! OVER THE TOP!

Also: I'll take a look if I have some Bolland stuff. Just for you.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
Yea America was really uninteresting. The Dredd series has always been a satire of fascism, they just made it as blunt as possible in America and focused on it at the expense of everything that makes Judge Dredd great. I guess it made the people who never realized that before feel smart or something.

Now the Judge Death and the Dark Judges arcs, there is some badass as fuck shit. The Anderson Psi Division progs about Judge Death should also be read.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I like how the guy who is about to be "buried alive" comes from Eddy Poe block :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom