Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Gary Grigsby will be making new Steel Panthers game

Robert Jarzebina

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=3382677

The Future: War in the … and beyond
• War in the East 2.0 - a remake of War in the East using the War in the West engine and new map system (another building block foe the mega game).
• War in the West 1940 (France/Norway/Med)
• War in the West 1941-43 (Mediterranean)
• War in Europe - the largest game ever conceived!
• World at War: A World Divided – iPad
Tactical WWII game ala Steel Panthers - Gary mentioned Steel Panthers was the game he most enjoyed creating in his career.

:salute:

In like 3-4 years from now. Long time but Gary is a legend and he will deliver.

Lets hope Ubishit or whatever dipshit that is holding Steel Panthers rights will bankrupt with new shit consoles to this time so Matixgames will buy Steel Panthers rights for like a 1000$ on some IPs jewgold auction and we will have a true Steel Panthers 4.

:bounce:

Baptismbyfire

Liturgist
Damn, I've been waiting for this for a loooong time. I guess I have to wait 5 more years. I just hope they don't mess it up by making it 3D with stupid dumb AI.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Well if it is anywhere close to the style, look and gameplay of steel panthers then count me in, I wasted countless hours on every iteration of Steel Panthers.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Actually what I find really exciting is the news that he's going to slot together several 'War in the' games together towards one massive one. War in the East is easily the biggest and best eastern front campaign grognard game out there, even with all its faults. If this is going to work out we'll have a truly gigantic wargame featuring the entire European theatre of war in a few years. Any other dev I would instantly call it megalomaniacal and doomed to failure but Grigsby? Fuck yeah.

Going to be neigh unplayable except for a niche's niche ofcourse. Thank god for a new Steel Panthers as well then.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Entire Eastern front remade into platoon level scale tactical game?
:notsureifserious:

Cause if this gonna be done in SP3 or God Forbid PG 2 scale it will be either redundant or sucks massively. Massively upgraded AI for both Oponent and you forces will be great :incline:; so the tanks advance as formation; keeping the proper ranks and face the enemy with thickest armor will be greatly appreciated too. SP will all the fond memories begs for proper order and execution phase combat.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Entire Eastern front remade into platoon level scale tactical game?
:notsureifserious:

Cause if this gonna be done in SP3 or God Forbid PG 2 scale it will be either redundant or sucks massively. Massively upgraded AI for both Oponent and you forces will be great :incline:; so the tanks advance as formation; keeping the proper ranks and face the enemy with thickest armor will be greatly appreciated too. SP will all the fond memories begs for proper order and execution phase combat.

No, mang. He's going to make several division sized games a la War in the East to cover the war all across Europe and then put them together. After that he'll make a new Steel Panthers. Allegedly. Remember, this is Matrix.

Endemic

Arcane
Ah, Steel Panthers 2 was great back in the day. I'm bored of WW2 strategy games at this point, there have been far too many of them.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
This is awesome. Steel Panthers series is simply amazing and I'm really disappointed in how it runs on Windows 7. :(

GG has made probably my favorite war simulator in Operational Art of War, so here's hoping he is alive and well enough to make a SP game. For any who have played War in the East/War in the West, briefly...how is it different from his OAW series? I still have that on my HD and felt there was no need to upgrade or move to something else for my 1920-1970 warfare strategy needs, other than dabbling in Paradox/Ageod of course.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Woot! good news indeed. Meanwhile have this panthers instead!

arts-steel-panther-584.jpg

KoolNoodles

Arcane

Dr Tomo

Learned
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=3382677

The Future: War in the … and beyond
• War in the East 2.0 - a remake of War in the East using the War in the West engine and new map system (another building block foe the mega game).
• War in the West 1940 (France/Norway/Med)
• War in the West 1941-43 (Mediterranean)
• War in Europe - the largest game ever conceived!
• World at War: A World Divided – iPad
Tactical WWII game ala Steel Panthers - Gary mentioned Steel Panthers was the game he most enjoyed creating in his career.

:salute:

In like 3-4 years from now. Long time but Gary is a legend and he will deliver.

Lets hope Ubishit or whatever dipshit that is holding Steel Panthers rights will bankrupt with new shit consoles to this time so Matixgames will buy Steel Panthers rights for like a 1000$ on some IPs jewgold auction and we will have a true Steel Panthers 4.

:bounce:
Think many people would like Ubisoft to go bankrupt and some other publishers as well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom