Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gamespot - Marcin Iwiński interview - on TW3, CB2077. not your usuall PR interview

Perkel

Arcane
http://www.gamespot.com/videos/the-witcher-3-and-cyberpunk-2077-with-marcin-iwins/2300-6430122/

few things:

- his favorite games Fallout 1 and Fallout 2
- playing currently Darkest Dungeon at the same time Fire Emblem Fates
- "They" choose CB2077 because they wanted to make game in this universe and he wanted to do something with CB rulebooks in his house. Ownership of IP was also important due to creativity control.
- he wants to be in top3 developers but not the scope but quality (cites rockstart with their 5 years developement times)
- says game every year is something they don't want to do and informs his investors about that on every meeting
- ton of personal tibits about mindset they are using to make games
- he said they have projects on side but they don't want to be studio that works on multiple projects at same time to not loose focus and give setting justice (cites CB2077)
- CB2077 will be "bigger" but not bigger

Really really really great interview and it is quite lengthy without bullshit.

Infinitron

Doktor Best

Arcane
Well they're game enthusiasts that happen to produce games, no producers that happen to work in the game industry. You can tell that from their games. Wether you agree with them on their gamedesign philosophies or not, you cannot deny the fuckton of heart they put into them.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
He's always great in how he comes off as a level-headed guy without PR speak because he's not really a suit. I mean, what other CEO ever mentioned pirates and name dropped Skidrow in interviews?

Perkel

Arcane
yeah his is definetely dude who has head on its shoulders and knows what he wants and what he is doing.

And he and his studio just produced literally game with the most GOTY awards of all games released in history of gaming.

Hell i still believe that they will make top3 'Dex ultimate 2015GOTY...

Speaking of which... Infinitron where the hell is Dex GOTy ? voting was like month ago. Are we waiting for Editor's to finish their games or what ?

Doktor Best

Arcane
yeah his is definetely dude who has head on its shoulders and knows what he wants and what he is doing.

And he and his studio just produced literally game with the most GOTY awards of all games released in history of gaming.

Hell i still believe that they will make top3 'Dex ultimate 2015GOTY...

Speaking of which... Infinitron where the hell is Dex GOTy ? voting was like month ago. Are we waiting for Editor's to finish their games or what ?

Results are already out. Underrail won first place followed by AOD second and Witcher 3 on third place.

typical user

Arbiter
I learned in this interview that CD Projekt RED are humble.

What, releasing a game without any DRM, providing free game-changing updates, 16 free DLCs, full expansion offering ton of new content and official letter thanking for purchasing a game as well as many gadgets included in box with the game doesn't speak for itself?

They did screwed up with bullshots with Ubisoft-level downgrade and didn't apologised for that but still, they are on point with their games. Funny thing is Techland (responsible for Dying Light), devs that made Hard West and other studio that made Hatred have all provided good amount of support by releasing patches with new content and they all are from Poland. I guess people that made Superhot should follow the scheme and release more free content or maybe did it already and I am not aware?

Kem0sabe

Arcane
CD projekt is the best rpg developer currently active.

The jump in quality from Witcher 2 to 3 was remarkable, the writing and world building was especially top notch, with a ton of memorable characters and reactive quest design.

Can't wait for their next project, and the next Witcher 3 expansion at that.

Perkel

Arcane
CB2077
Cyberbunk 2077

What does that mean?

He explained that in interview.

Bigger not in sense that game will actually have bigger landmass, or more enemies on screen or shit like that.
Bigger in sense that they will improve all aspects like writing, quest design, combat and so on.

Frankly speaking Cities are the most resource intensive parts of game and you can't paint environments with tools. I completely don't expect CB2077 will be bigger in sense of landmass than CB2077

Got bored and left

I guess people that made Superhot should follow the scheme and release more free content or maybe did it already and I am not aware?

Shit, I didn't even realise Superhot was Polish. Potato games left and right, what a time to be alive.

As for the interview itself, I can't remember the last time I read/heard a proper interview done by a major gaming site (present company excluded, of course :obviously:). Nice change of pace from the usual, PR-speak infested talks with executives, not bad at all.

Gerrard

Arcane
Good to see he managed to get his soul back.

DK4lkbA.jpg

Beowulf

Arcane
I'm watching it right now.
The interviewer thinks that Oblivion was a good game.

Also - methodology (it reminded me of this scene with Willem Dafoe form Boondock Saints)

Last edited:

Paul_cz

Arcane
Oblivion was not a good RPG, but it was fun game..at least until I realized the insanity that is level scaling is present and active.

This interview is great. Both Marcin and Danny are likeable bastards.

Perkel

Arcane
These guys can never be R*
You are right. They seem to buy back their shares and use stock as tool for them. Rockstar is owned by Take2 and take2 is stock company.

Either way their next game will have way bigger pr marketing so selling 15mln+ is not out of question.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom