Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gamescom 2014 - Darth Roxor was there. Also, hovering dogs

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Well a Kodex Konference would entail what? 2 maybe 3 games (as in actual cRPG's not shitty console action games).

Would be kinda boring.....

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Well a Kodex Konference would entail what? 2 maybe 3 games (as in actual cRPG's not shitty console action games).

We could host several panels about how girls have cooties and destroy gaming, it's what the largest part of the site is about anyway.

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

Personally I'd prefer a small number of games handled in depth, and panels with a room full of devs we give a shit about who are asked non-moronic questions.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
xbox-One-Ori-1.jpg

xbox-One-Ori-2.jpg

original.jpg

Ooops.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
The games aren't even running off of the console on display (i.e. the consoles who's performance they're supposed to be advertising), they're running off of windows computers, most likely beefed up with titans to improve performance. They might as well just be advertising the games if they're not actually using the consoles.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Meh. When I playtested games for [redacted company name] it was all on PC even if there were console games being developed. I assume it's a normal part of the trade. Propping actual console systems up next to it is an amusing if completely unnecessary step.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
But you must admit; it kind of breaks the smoke and mirrors the publishers are trying to create by putting the consoles up there when it's obvious they're not being used. At best it gives the impression that they don't have much faith in the consoles they're trying to sell to you, at worst it makes them look like they're trying to swindle you.

Plus they're not even running on Windows 8.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Aren't console games supposed to be ported for windows first? Or they use emulators right from the get go? Still don't get it.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Yea that i get, but how is it that these games run in windows without being ported in the first place.

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
The new XBOX is X86 so it should just run windows 8? It's AMD integrated hardware.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They're not the consoles verisons at all you noobs. They're the PC versions of those games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom