Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Games you want most (that aren't being made)

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Oh, and I almost forgot:

Full Throttle - There were some plans about the sequel, but unfortunatelly it was cancelled

Not 'unfortunately', but 'fortunately'. It was designed with the PS2 in mind, featured a... stunted Ben as the protagonist, a different voice actor (as the original had sadly died) and had very little in common with the original. People were actually kinda relieved when the game was scrapped. Google "Full Throttle 2 screenshots" and you'll get an idea what I mean.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The Lost Vikings - excellent puzzle platformer, Furry of the Furries should have a sequel too

Play Trine and The Cave for games almost identical to Lost Vikings in gameplay mechanics.[/quote]

Already did that. First Trine was great, and had some really memorable last level. The second one, although somehow similar didn't grasp my attention that much. Good, but the sequel of LV was much better. The Cave is much more simple and focus on art department.

As for the Full Throttle - It looks like something Telltale would made. But the 3d console graphics don't age well. As for the gameplay, well, too bad.

Gulnar

Scholar
A sequel to Sacrifice is all that i demand. There was genius in that game. While it was probabily one of the worst RTS ever created, control-wise, it gave you the 'feeling' of being a all-powerful, planes-walking mage. Also, the style of the game and the graphic was pure genius, for it's years. Creatures like the Reapers, the Phoenix, the Ents an so on where simply born from a fevered dream. And the spells you could cast - spells that teared the ground under the enemies, throwing them in a infinitely tall abyss, or spells that summoned giant tentacles that throwed monsters from the ground high in the sky. I miss them all.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I came here to see "Shenmue 3" but I guess codexers cannot see a good console game even when it slaps them in the face.:roll:

Grim Monk

Arcane
:necro:

Don't want to start a new Thread, and this seems the most appropriate...

What pisses me off is the missed opportunity that is the F.E.A.R. franchise.

F.E.A.R. stands for:
The First Encounter Assault Recon, or F.E.A.R., was formed during 2002 as a covert branch of the United States Army's Special Forces to defend various national security interests against threats of a paranormal or supernatural nature, most notably Psionics.

As such, F.E.A.R. and its select few operatives are rarely taken seriously, given the unbelievable nature of what they fight against.

Regardless, F.E.A.R. is an elite unit and has the perogative to take military assets from other military branches such as the Air Force and the US Army.

They have permission to use deadly force and heavy weapons against perceived threats.

Sounds like an awesome setup, Delta Green/X-files S.W.A.T. Edition.

Each game could have completely new setup as you get sent in to clear & cover up a different supernatural mess.

New locations, new enemies, cool secret government tech and weapons.
(Some good Gunplay & AI.)

All to stop horrors threatening the oblivious common citizen.

Even pull a crossover with "Blood" and fight the Cabal.

"We don't negotiate with Evil Cultists."

Instead:x we get the "adventures of the extended Wade Family"...

Last edited:

DemonKing

Arcane
I never thought I'd utter this phrase but after a real drought over the last few years...a new WW2 shooter. Battlefield in the Frostbite engine would do for starters.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I never thought I'd utter this phrase but after a real drought over the last few years...a new WW2 shooter. Battlefield in the Frostbite engine would do for starters.

There's a recent one... Enemy Front, I think? Haven't tried it myself since everyone said it was shit, though. There was also Iron Front, same deal.

Grim Monk

Arcane

See what Markman suggested...

New Hidden and Dangerous.

:salute::salute::salute:

Hidden and Dangerous 1 was my first exposure to a WW2 FPS.

Couldn't stomach MOH:AA after it.

Granted I may have been wrong since its a different genre ("tactical" vs "cinematic"), but it felt like to great a :decline:.

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
Mech Commander 3.

I want to command a mercenary company of mecha troops. Recently all I have to content with is japanese makes.
This. I would love a mercenary themed military sci-fi mecha game. A proper Mechwarrior Mercenaries sequel (or something new with similar gameplay) would also be nice.

Other tha that:
-Isometric, party-based, TB combat rpg with an s-f setting, preferably space opera (but more "outlandish" than the usual star trek crap). Or at least something other than classic fantasy or murican post-apo desert.
-Freespace 3 or something similar.
-FPS game with "oldschool" level design, and run and gun gameplay
-Some kind of Star Control 2-like game

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hearts of Iron game, with rts-combat mechanics when you have a battle. A bit like the total war games but with a different engine. I'm thinking Close Combat or the Men of War engine.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom