Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Games you want most (that aren't being made)

Captain Shrek

Mount and Blade with Dark Messiah Mechanics.

Machocruz

Arcane
SWAT 5
Rainbow Six 4: Ravener Roguer Spearshield
Ghost Recon 2
Good, polished Daggerfall clone.
System Shock 3
Super Metroid 2
Metroid Prime 4: Not as linear as that last one
Strider 3, by Platinum
Rival Schools 3
Final Fantasy: Fortress

Pretty much continuation of any game I liked but with the kind of improvements we assumed would be possible in the future, instead of the kind we actually get.

J1M

Arcane
A game that doesn't treat its audience like brain-dead retards.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
More games like Thief and Deus Ex. And Ultima Underworld.

Basically good and complex first person games with a heavy focus on exploration. Nobody makes these anymore, at least not in the way they used to be.

SearchEngine

Learned
Syvalion 2
Sexy Parodius 2
Panzer Dragoon 5
Killer14
Panorama Cotton 2
2.5D Gex 4
Dishonored's better executed spiritual sequel
Sacrifice 2
Yoshi's Island U
Open-ended sandbox version of Pokemon Emerald

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Ultima Underworld III - or at least a game like it. Arx Fatalis 2 would probably suffice.
Anachronox 2 - or Anachronox Prime, as the "add-on" pack was supposed to be called. Something that wraps up the story, at least.
Psychonauts 2 - I'm a little surprised no one has mentioned this before.
System Shock 3 - While I feel that the series needs a proper closure, there is no one currently capable of delivering a worthy conclusion.

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
More sci-fi RPGs. Any kind, any series really.

A Mass Effect 2 would be cool. They could follow-up on the obvious potential of the original while fixing it's flaws.

buzz

Arcane
How about: NOT another fucking sequel?

You know, that could be really cool. It may manage to not anger and disappoint the schizophrenic fanbases of the older games in a series and it could actually move forward, innovate, maybe even bring out genres and subgenres to the table or simply revive the ones that are somewhat forgotten. People lost in nostalgia seem to miss the fact that gaming was such a great thing back then also mostly because it was a better place for innovation and design independence. Shit, even games in a single franchises were able to move drastically from sequel to sequel or diverge in another subgenre with spin-offs, Ultima coming to mind.

Funny how back then limitations from publishers and the industry in general is what actually gave rise to original concepts. X-Com would've been Laser Squad, Fallout would've been Wasteland 2, even the first game mentioned in here (Arx Fatalis) was supposed to be Ultima Underworld 3.
I guess what rpgcodex really wants the most are the big bash threads of every newly announced sequel or reboot of a series that they love :troll:

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
Gothic 1 remake.

But with englarged scale as fuck. Like the Colony itself would be the size of G3 world altogether. That would be orgasmic.

Many great stuff already mentioned in this thread so I'll go for a soundfag request: any good game with a soundtrack on par with Heroes 4's, please :(

Man, this whole soundtrack. Never forget. :manlytears:

HoMM6 music really is a pale imitation to the earlier HoMM stuff such as this. I remember accusing someone of talking BS when they called the music crap whilst giving their impressions of HoMM 6 but then later became aware that most of the music was done by completely different composers and suddenly it all made sense. It's basically soulless in comparison.

I hope Paul Romero can find a niche again

/derail

Seerix

Arbiter
A proper Sims clone, those EA dipshits could use some competition. And I could use a game where I can play house and not be plagued by "buy this hat for 3 cents!" and ridiculous loading times.

Sacrifice 2, current tech could allow even more epic terrain deformation, spells and bigger battles. And obviously I want more of the world(or worlds), I grew up with this game.

Sandbox rpg based on Beast Wars tv series. It's creators tried to put so much character depth and defined lore into at first glance "just another Transformers show" that even Obsidian could try and make a game from that.

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 (shame it's most most most probably never going to happen, I love the Zone too much)
A proper Thief 4
Arx Fatalis 2
System Shock 3
Dungeon Keeper 3 (WFTO seems to be the closest we'll get and it's being made by hardcore fans of DK1) :smug:

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Abuse - it wasn't complicated shooter, but very distinguishable. I want to be abused!
Anachronox - Dat cliffhaner, fuuu.... The perfect jrpg and no sequel
Archimedean Dynasty - "We all live in our yellow submarine, Yellow submarine, yellow submarine" .
Blood - I hate mimes, and how Monolith declined from the good ol days
BloodNet - Underrated game, R.I.P Microprose
BloodRayne - Rayne is hot ginger dhampire, and
Clive Barker's Undying - No Jericho again Cleve, i mean Clive. Bring some old Victorian legend to live.
Codename Eagle - WWI and being a spy was fun
Command & Conquer Renegade - Havoc was like Rambo, a one man army
Crusader: No Remorse and No Regret - Rebel Base Theme.mp3;
Drakan - Riding a dragon is always fun, and with Rynn and Arokh it comes with so many places to visit
Elvira - I want to romance Elvira one more time
Expendable -shit, I can't see anything on the monitor, too much explosions.
Fade To Black (remake)
Full Throttle - There were some plans about the sequel, but unfortunatelly it was cancelled
G-Police
Grim Fandango - something with similar climate
Oni - The consolish save system was not good, but a combat system was very interesting, expanded and plot was decent. But itz Bungie...
The Terminator: SkyNet – Bethesda licensed game were IMO good, so that's that. They were more post-apocalytpic than F3.
MDK - Bioware cannot into sequels, bring me new Shiny third part
Magic Carpet - destroy all the evil jins, and other wizards, destroying half of the population in the process
Neverhood - something is hapenning, I can hear the codex whispers about it (Spiritual sucessor)
No One Lives Forever - More stealth elements, more Kate, more funny guards dialogues, more Bond references, MORE!
Project Eden - Excellent co-op game without internet.
Quarantine - Taxi Man meets Fallout ;). I need to replay both parts, upgrading your cab was so much fun
Sanitarium - We need more adventure horror games!
Shogo - The plot was ridiculous in some later parts, but I wouldn't change it. Mecha-japanese carnage was great
Sin - FPS with Sci-Fi and great locations. Elexis Sinclair who would easily suffocate anyone with her breasts, and the duo to kick her nice butt. JC did the hacking and Blade was a muscle man. After episodic failure and Ritual in grave it probably won't happen.
Space Hulk – I wonder how will it be good/bad. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Syndicate – Fuck EA; what's Paradox doing with Cartel, did they cancelled it. Something like Syndicate preety please.
The Wheel Of Time – The first one was not good enough to keep me to the end. But maybe someone will try to do a proper game (I'm looking at you Cyanide)
The Lost Vikings - excellent puzzle platformer, Furry of the Furries should have a sequel too
Unreal - with single player campaign
Urban Chaos - I always liked a dark atmosphere, and being able to roam through the city without any obstacles. And after that they of course did an FPS PS2 exclusive.
Vampire The Masquerade - We'll see this MMO, if it will be released

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Messiah 2
Startopia 2
A new Silent Storm game
Arcanum 2
TES IV: Kirkbride Adventures
System Shock 3
Lords of the Realm 3
A new game made with build engine
Alpha Centuari 2
A turn based strategy game from Paradox
Hard SF game
Hitman 5

Any game that captures the spirit and quality of past Troika, TTLG, Interplay and Sir-Tech titles.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Abuse - it wasn't complicated shooter, but very distinguishable. I want to be abused!

Blood - I hate mimes, and how Monolith declined from the good ol days
Quarantine - Taxi Man meets Fallout ;). I need to replay both parts, upgrading your cab was so much fun

I agree with these, I'd love to see modern games that are either heavily inspired by these, or just plain old remakes of these.

Clive Barker's Undying - No Jericho again Cleve, i mean Clive. Bring some old Victorian legend to live.

Something equally disturbing? Yes please. Another Clive Barker game? ..... no. I found Undying to be badly designed in places, so much that I put it down and never played it again. Loved the theme tune, though.

Crusader: No Remorse and No Regret - Rebel Base Theme.mp3;

There was a sequel in the works, but it got canned. Sadly, any attempt to bring this series back would be foolish, as the genre itself is so saturated, and has been for the past 10 years. But a game with the destruction on the scale of Crusader hasn't been seen in a while, so there's still hope.

The Lost Vikings - excellent puzzle platformer, Furry of the Furries should have a sequel too

Play Trine and The Cave for games almost identical to Lost Vikings in gameplay mechanics.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom