Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Games that would benefit from modern remake

DramaticPopcorn

I genuinely would want to see TES: Redguard re-released. It was an ambitious adventure game, which dated terribly.

SwiftCrack

Arcane
I would endorse a remastering (updated faithful HD graphics, new sound and voice editing and acting, faithfully and tastefully done) of:

- Bioforge !

- Crusader No Remorse

- Little Big adventure

- Wings

- Dune II

- Resident Evil 2 + 3

- Magic Carpet 1 + 2

- Theme Park / Theme Hospital

- Sabre Team

- Die By The Sword

- Death Rally

- Interstate '76

- Full Throttle

- Legacy of Kain

Death Rally had one, but they half-assed it.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/108700/

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
I know a lot of people hate "HD remakes", but honestly, an HD remaster of pretty much every game from the N64/PS1 to PS2/Xbox era would be appreciated. Those games look like fucking unplayable horseshit on HDTVs.

Astral Rag

Arcane
I don't hate HD remakes in general in fact I think a lot of 90s games would benefit from a tasteful remake. I don't think anyone can have anything against proper higher resolution textures, better audio, functional multiplayer,...

The problem is that we rarely see this kind of "pure" remakes, instead we get Dos games with added bloom, blur, FXAA, achievements,...butchered classics like the Special Edition of MI and "remakes" of very recent AAA games that somehow manage to look worse than the original PC versions of said games (Doom 3 BFG, Sleeping Dogs, Metro 2033, Deus EX HR,...).

Last edited:

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Were the MI remakes really that bad? I remember enjoying them somewhat, although the graphics were obviously altered and "updated" quite a bit..

Was any of the original story, jokes etc changed?

Jason Liang

Arcane
One of the best remakes I think was Sid Meier's Pirates!

Games that should be remade:
Alpha Centauri/ Alien Crossfire (but it wont happen:( )
Chaos Overlords (was in the works but I think abandoned)
Darklands (but you'd want to take the setting and completely change the engine and gameplay probably)
Arcanum (ditto)
Jackal
The Immortal
Dragonstrike (although there have been a few "dragon simulators" since)
Heroes of the Lance (would need a huge remake)
Castles 2
Carmen Sandiego
Kid Icarus
Capcom vs. SNK Cardfighters (but maybe with some new mechanics, and not the horrid ds version)
A lot of the old Midway games like Smash TV
Alien Crush/ Devil's Crush

I would really love an HD Tyrian Remix. And a mod for Krondor that would at least make travelling higher resolution.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Were the MI remakes really that bad? I remember enjoying them somewhat, although the graphics were obviously altered and "updated" quite a bit..

Was any of the original story, jokes etc changed?

The voice acting and music are very nice, it's mainly the character art and to a lesser extent the crappy animations that make MI SE pretty awful IMO. The Special Edition of the second game is much better.

I loved replaying MI with this mod.

St. Toxic

Arcane
As long as the game is playable on modern hardware, it does not need a remake. Seriously, you guys are pining for a more streamlined interface and HD graphics? Fuck that shit, you're better off pining for a worthy sequel, one that adds new features rather than taking old ones out because they're "outdated".

As long as the game is playable on modern hardware, it does not need a remake. Seriously, you guys are pining for a more streamlined interface and HD graphics? Fuck that shit, you're better off pining for a worthy sequel, one that adds new features rather than taking old ones out because they're "outdated".

Older games' flaws not end with dated graphics, many of them suffer gameplay-wise a that's why we need a proper remake.

Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen, using Stasis engine (we really should kidnap Pyke)

I must add:

Mortal Kombat (not 3D remake but something like MK: Blood Storm, impressive but unfortunately abandoned)
Outwars (just improve graphs)
MDK1 in full 3D

And plz Capcom release Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix on Steam!!!! PCtardz have next-to-none possibility to buy original , let alone to buy a proper remake. I'm sure it would be a huge sale hit.

Speaking of submarines

... Submarine Titans is still so so good-looking that it do not need a remake.

Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I could do with a new Ogre Battle, especially if made in 3D for the PC
Imagine all the modding possibilities ........:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Yeah, I know that's just a pipe dream but hey, this thread is all about pipe dreams....

Gerrard

Arcane
Thanks for reminding me of all those shitty remakes of classic Amiga games that are on Steam.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom