Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Games That Made You Go...SHIT

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
All these people with hearts torn apart by Invisible War... Bitch, I couldn't stomach the original Deus Ex beyond some part with an airplane.
:decline:

A user named cat

Mass Effect 1 -- lasted a whole five minutes before uninstalling and deleting. Haven't touched a Bioware game since and never will.

STALKER: Call of Pripyat -- same old shit, drab shooting mechanics and all. Was hoping for something that would at least feel different but it was as wooden and suck as the other games.

Neverwinter Nights 2 -- blargh. Still haven't played MotB due to the sour taste of attempting to play that shit.

Dungeon Siege -- a game that managed to feel repetitive and boring as hell within a few minutes of the intro farm.

Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy -- ruined from the start thanks to the whiners that cried on Raven forums about getting crushed in Outcast by people who knew the game well. Soon as I saw idiots running around in MP spamming flashy spinny moves that did no damage, LARPing the movie characters and spawning inside enemy bases in CTF, I shook my head and dumped it.

Ultima IX -- :rpgcodex:

Kouvo

Augur
Gothic 3. Though I should probably check out the community patch at this point.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Mass Effect 1 -- lasted a whole five minutes before uninstalling and deleting. Haven't touched a Bioware game since and never will.

Assuming Dragon Age is included in that you're really pitting into the wind and getting it right back in the face here. They're completely different games by completely different internal teams. While Dragon Age 2 might suck ass Origins is at least worth a playthrough.

Melan

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! I helped put crap in Monomyth
Dungeon Siege -- a game that managed to feel repetitive and boring as hell within a few minutes of the intro farm.
Dungeon Siege, when I realised the characters were mostly fighting automatically, loading up the treasure automatically, and doing most everything automatically. IOW, the game was masturbating.
Ultima IX --
Ultima IX never happened.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
STALKER: Call of Pripyat -- same old shit, drab shooting mechanics and all. Was hoping for something that would at least feel different but it was as wooden and suck as the other games.

Finishing first area, going to next one, returning back pretty much immediately because I forgot to loot the corpses at the checkpoint only to find all enemies have respawned.

Bitcher1

Cipher
Well I didn't have too much experience with RPGs back then, had more patience time, and was naive enough to think the game would get good at some point...
I was referring to that notorious rumor about Ruins of Myth Drannor formatting your hard drive when you tried to uninstall it.

DraQ

Arcane
All these people with hearts torn apart by Invisible War... Bitch, I couldn't stomach the original Deus Ex beyond some part with an airplane.
:decline:
Sex indeed bad.

At least when sexbad's parents do it.
:martini:

:hmmm:

Also, CoP does one thing better:
It has pretty good quests and quest structure, for starters.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
So I acquired a PS3 from a friend because I wanted to play Demon's Souls. Of course nobody of my popamole friends had Demon's Souls so I had to buy it :x. On the other hand they have many majestic games like Uncharted and The Last of Us, so when I finished DeS I decided to try the Last of us...

:negative:

The game starts, looooong cinematic sequence, same old shit with zombapocalypse but whatever, then brief moment of "gameplay" running around, then cutscene. Then overly scripted "stealth" sequence, then cutscene. Then overly scripted action sequence, then cutscene. I'm saying to myself, ok, this shit is going to open up a bit at some point, this is just the beginning, it can't be THAT linear and restricted. right ? RIGHT ?! Oh yes it can. I don't think I've played a more linear and restricted game. I was hoping that when I reach the outside of the city there would be some slight illusion of opening up, but no it's the same shit all over again. Even Enslaved - odyssey to the west had more exploration and things to do. Compared to this the new Tomb Raider game is a masterpiece of incline. This crappy game fails in all levels. It tries to be cinematic, yet you have your stupid companions with their nonexistent AI running around you when you try to sneak and bumping onto various zombies, yet the zombies completely ignore them. Just one example of how pathetic and lazy the design is. And the lauded story is boring to the bone. There's nothing to set it apart from the pile of mediocre zombapocalypse stories, the same old tired crap, and the whole gimmick with the waifu you must protect, that lately has been forced down your throat. This game is supposedly recommended for its story, but I don't think I have ever seen a more mundane zombie story. The fact that these people got 10/10s and awards for this disgusting banality shows how declined the gaming industry is.

You're gonna say, "you had it coming" and you're right, but from time to time I like to distract myself with some popamole, and as I've said even Enslaved was a much better game, and there isn't even a comparison with Tomb Raider.

I can't believe I've spent so much time writing about this. Bottom line : The Last Of Us is the undisputed faggot king of Popamole, as far as I'm concerned. A game that fails in all fronts that matter, a crock of shit that insults your intelligence.

Last edited:

80s Stallone

Arcane
WarCraft III, when those Nightelves appeared. It was then I realized that Warcraft turned into a furry cartoon. Directly followed by "Frozen Throne", such a useless, bloated expansion set only there to establish "World of Warcraft".

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
The game that I shall not the name, but I will give out a hint. It's starts with A and ends with SHIT.

Oh, and it was mentioned in the first posts.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
If that would be the game I think is the worst in the world, then something is fucked up with the world. In other words, no.

Durwyn

Prophet
Thi4f - Mashing every fucking button trying to jump on a bed in the very first room just to take a better look, rage-quit when I recalled jumping is not possible. :negative:

Dark Souls - When I discovered that after so much hype and hope I had for the awaited PC port I just can't force myself to like the game. I still feel slightly ashamed.

Arcania - After finishing the first hub/village I realized "WTF am I doing ?!". Triple the shame from DS.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Unreal 2- It sure is unreal the things they have done to my favourite FPS
Gothic 3- I was not able to play it for 2-3 years, after Gothic 2&NoTR I jumped on this one... And also there is Arcania afterwards...
Dragon Age 2- While first one wasn't perfect I thought they can upgrade most of it in second game, realized how wrong I was after playing the demo. Best part is my gf bought PS3 version as a present...
Command and Conquer 4- How to destroy an IP 101
Final Fantasy 13- I wasn't really a fan after X but 13 destroyed my all interest. One of them few games that I felt asleep while playing.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Well I didn't have too much experience with RPGs back then, had more patience time, and was naive enough to think the game would get good at some point...
I was referring to that notorious rumor about Ruins of Myth Drannor formatting your hard drive when you tried to uninstall it.

Oh, I didn't remember about that, and didn't happen to me.

A user named cat

Do the Metroid Prime games count as FPSes? If so, then those were some legit good console shooters and everyone should play them at least once. They even had a decent control scheme and didn't make using a controller a nightmare.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
GoW isn't FPS.

Yes, but GoW belongs to unholy trinity of games that have most destructive influence on fpshooterz (among CoD and Halo)

I must add Serious Sam 2 - I wept after seeing these Smurfs to protect
The problem with clones is that often they don't copy the best features of these games. Halo have a good AI, music and levels for starters, but clones only copy 2 gun limit and health regen, and sequels subsequently dumb the game down.

spekkio

Arcane
Do the Metroid Prime games count as FPSes?
A proper FPS with an auto-aim? Sure, why not...

:roll:

Not that these were bad games, but not necessarily good shooters (played only MP1 for ~1h, didn't like the slowdowns in Dolphin).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom