Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Games like Panzer General but with good multiplayer?

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I remember looking for TB games with hotseat mode, or LAN or whatever, and the selection is suprisingly limited. Being that games like Panzer General come from the miniature wargaming, the ultimate multiplayer experience, shouldn't there be plenty of MP focused turn-based wargames?

Are there? It was a while since I checked, but even the fandmade PG remake was focused on custom singe-player scenarios. And when you google multiplayer wargame, you get a bunch of rts and fps games. I know I could look harder, but I'd like to hear your suggestions.

Can Silent Storm be played in coop?

Citizen

PG clones with hotseat:
Fantasy Wars & Elven Legacy - ugly fantasy general clones
Panzer Corps & Armageddon - Slitherine's PG clones
Rites of War (iirc) - 40k themed fantasy general

Most of the SSI's "generals" have multiplayer in form of PBEM. A file server and a simple script to upload saves will let you play multiplayer with friends.

Can Silent Storm be played in coop?

No, but you can try this if you are really desperate.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Imo Panzer General and multiplayer is a recipe for frustration. I played against a mate, and he took hours for his turns, because moved the mouse over every attacker/defender combination until he knew the right one. And we never finished the game. That's also the reason I stopped playing chess against him and many others.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Literally every game that is some kind of topdown TB has PBEM support. How blind are you?

He probably means turn based mutliplayer campaign support.

As far as that goes, I know none. There was discussion when Shogun Total War came out about a MP campaign but it was consensus that it's impossible (for the reasons I wrote asbove)

If you are just looking for more game, I recommend you have a look at this: https://store.steampowered.com/app/660160/Field_of_Glory_II/
It is regarded one of the best multiplayer games at this time.
Otherwise I also recommend you Scourge of War Gettysburg, which is not turn based, but has excellent multiplayer in which each player can take a Brigade, Division, Corps or Army.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom