Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Gamer's Pulse interviews Timmy C on ToEE

Calis

Pensionado
Tags: Temple of Elemental Evil

Gamer's Pulse decided they didn't believe any of the available info on Greyhawk: ToEE, so they needed to bother Timmy C with a bunch of questions that they could've just looked up in IBNobody's <A HREF="http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ibnobody/">UberFAQ</A>. Here's one that actually looked fairly decent to me:
<br>
<blockquote>GP: What difficulties arise when converting an old D&D module to a new PC game and how have the difficulties been combated?
<br>
<br>
We had to convert a lot of monsters and NPC’s to the new rules, as well as their magic items and other loot. Some 1st edition magic items and spells don’t exist in 3rd edition and conversely, there are a lot of new features as well, especially feats and skills, to give to all of the NPC’s. Currently, we are encountering some problems balancing the monsters in the module against the player character. The 3rd edition characters seem much more powerful than their 1st edition counterparts. But luckily 3rd edition rules cover how to increase the challenge rating of monsters, so we can improve the monsters and still stay in the scope of the rules.</blockquote>
<br>
I give this interviewer a D+ for the effort, but would like to add a call to arms to all online gaming journalists: Please restore the good old hands-off first look to its former glory! There's nothing wrong with publicising a bit of known info about a game, but fer gahd's sake, turn it into a story or something!
<br>
I guess you could read the rest <A HREF="http://www.gamerspulse.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Interviews&file=index&req=showcontent&id=98">here</A>. Thanks go out to <B>ChrisBeddoes</B> for making me deviate from my pure-PHP no-news ways to bring you this news post.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
My favorite question is the one about the slides.. Asking if you can get them all in one game... Either the guy has no idea what the slides actually do, or he's a complete moron.

EEVIAC

Erudite
Calis said:
I guess you could read the rest here.

As enticing as you made it sound, I did go over and read the interview. Its not all bad. It was quite short and the questions were pertininent to introducing the game to a new readership. The question about the slides was a little bonehead though - perhaps he was just trying to get Tim to point out the many consequences of actions and alignments in the game.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
When I ran Vault13.net for that one year before JC killed it, I slammed a review of Fallout Tactics they wrote because they claimed it used the Fallout engine and looked ugly because it was showing it's age. They got really mad about that, and there was a lovely little flamewar in the comments where they called me a "Fallout Tactics fanboy", even after claiming to have read my review of it. That review, BTW, was the second most critical review of the game on the internet, only because a Russian review refered to Fallout Tactics as "child rape".

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Ouch. Talk about extreme.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom