Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

NSFW GamerGate: The SJW in Gaming Dumping Ground

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Kitako, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Delterius Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Delterius
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    Well, its at this point that I don't think I can contribute much to the debate. The brazilian equivalent to this controversy would be Counter Strike map cs_rio wherein drug dealers and the military police have fun in a graphical representation of Rio de Janeiro's favelas. For a whole year running from 2008 to '09 there was a prohibition against the sale of CS due to all the reasons you can imagine, such as apparently encouraging people against social order. Given that crossfires often happen across the city, our moral issue with CS is completely different than young americans learning the war in far away Iraq is fun and the CoD is a good representation of reality.

I do think that the worry is part of the process though. At some point those kids will have to learn the different between games and reality. At some point they'll have to learn to live in a world where both Schindler's List and Saving Private Ryan exist. Or (I guess?) Spec Ops: The Line and CoD exist. And I hope the parents will be part of the process.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. St. Toxic Arcane

St. Toxic
    Parrots:
    If it's the first, then games as a "glorification" of war are at the very least as old as chess. The kind of war they glorify is also hardly the kind that makes you itch for a gun and enemies to shoot; instead the game teaches you about long-term final objectives, about the value of sacrifice in the field of battle, that every piece has its uses no matter how niche it may seem and, surprisingly, it isn't even focused on total elimination -- forcing the opponent to surrender the battle is key to victory. Watching speed-runs you might notice that, even for first person shooters, the most effective approach often ignores much of the actual combat in favor of key objectives, check-points, triggers and the like. So games do glorify war, as in, they glorify a form of contest, where the victor is decided on the basis of various key attributes, mainly intelligence and reflexes, but there's nothing to suggest that games glorify violence as a favorable solution to problems. I'm more prone to believe that spectator sports foster communities that rely on violence to solve their problems, as they draw their excitement from watching people exert themselves physically and need an outlet for their built up energy.

^ Top  
  3. Decado Prestigious Gentleman Old time handsome face wrecker Patron

Decado
    Parrots:
    Codex 2014
    Video games are merely another medium in a long, long history of wargaming. Video gaming grew out of wargaming, really. It should not surprise anyone that a contingent of video games is still primarily concerned with warfare, soldiering, and overall death and mayhem.

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    ^ Top  
  4. Machocruz Arcane

Machocruz
    Parrots:
    Entertainment has forever been used to condition and acclimate the common people to changes and conditions that those at the top want to implement. Trends in culture are not accidental, and they rarely rise from grass roots. These 100 million dollar FPS get support from the U.S. military, same as flashy Hollywood films that depict the military and its goals as completely altruistic, righteous, competent, brave, and bad-ass. For years they've been using electronic games to condition trainees to immediate response to specific "stimuli." CoD, BF, etc. are the consumer version. Part of a continuing effort to reduce hesitation to fire on the enemy (they found during early conflicts like the Civil War, that there was a large percentage of soldiers who intentionally missed the enemy. They've been trying to lower that percentage with each conflict), as well as acclimate the public to perpetual war involvement. Now they can do it before humans even reach puberty. And they'll keep plying the people with narratives about the scary third world, so that to the average mind it will become normal that we'll (the U.S.) always be embroiled in some conflict all our lives, because the rest of the world is a dangerous, chaotic place and we're the good guys holding the line, so what else could we do?

Hey don't worry, scientists and think tanks employed by the U.S. government are entirely sure of this...

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  5. NicePics13 Novice

NicePics13
    Parrots:
    Linking to that tweet got me kicked from OSnews :roll:

^ Top  
  6. NicePics13 Novice

NicePics13
    Parrots:
    Thom. I replied to his "Until I no longer receive abusive comments for pointing out this issue, comments will remain closed" with just a link to the pic above.
    He quickly deleted my post and suspended my account.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Make America Great Again Lyric Suite Arcane

Lyric Suite
    Parrots:
    Not on places like Starbucks they don't, or whatever other shithole hipsters hang around in. :rpgcodex:

Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
    ^ Top  
  8. TheGreatOne Arcane

TheGreatOne
    Parrots:
    Can't wait for the pendulum to swing back the 80s way. How delicious the hipster SJW butthurt would be if Hollywood started making movies like this again
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Privileged CIS het scum gun owning conservative white men taking matters into their own hands and clearing the streets from minorities when cops are unfit to protect law abiding citizens :love::bounce:
    Once the economy gets bad enough, violent crime rates go up and people around the Western world become sick and tired of nanny states and multiculturalism, it's bound to happen. It's economic well being that's keeping up this liberal hipster bubble, once regular people start facing real problems, they wont take any shit from SJWs. You can't white/male/straight shame people who can't find a permanent job and are forced to deal with the fruits of multiculturalism on a daily basis.

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    ^ Top  
  9. Delterius Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Delterius
    Parrots:
    Any day now...!

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Machocruz Arcane

Machocruz
    Parrots:

Why so based? Even black men in the 80s couldn't stand niggas.

[​IMG]

^ Top  
  11. Make America Great Again Lyric Suite Arcane

Lyric Suite
    Parrots:
    You can see the butthurt straight out of l1brul 80s films. I think the 80s is when SJWs as we know them were born anyway.

^ Top  
  12. Pika-Cthulhu Arcane

Pika-Cthulhu
    Parrots:
    Its not just controllers in camo, what about the poor boy who ate his poptart until it resembled a handgun! The horror!!! Wont someone think of the children?!

^ Top  
  13. TheGreatOne Arcane

TheGreatOne
    Parrots:
    It seems like we're heading in the same direction as America in the 70s. Movies like Dirty Harry and Death Wish came out during a time of oil crisis, rising (black) crime rates (after the end of civil rights and hippie movement) and All in the Family desperately trying to make l1berals look smart and conservatives stupid. Even though 80s was an economically prosperous time, the film trend of vigilantes taking on hood scum (and criminals being portrayed as vile, morally reprehensible beasts with no redeeming qualities rather than victims of their environment) continued during the decade.
    Now Western Europe is in a similar situation. Sweden was a leftist utopia in the 70s but nowadays it has its fair share of dangerous ghettos. At least in most US states whiteys can defend themselves if necessary.
    That's the way you could create a movie like that these days, which would also force l1berals to like it. Show a hard working nigga/sandnigga who despises the culture around him and decides to make a stand for all the law abiding citizens who are affected by the situation. You could show how "good immigrants" are being wrongly accused of things and treated poorly because they belong to an ethnic/cultural group that commits a disproportionately high amount of crimes, while simultaneously showing how damaging third world immigration and poor integration is to the host country as well as move the blame to law makers and politicians of first world countries. And if the movie was set in the US, it could also show how African American culture used to be far less degenerate with a Bill Cosby type father/grandfather character who despises gangsta culture and longs for the good old days. Some one who was discriminated against during 50s/60s and now has to deal with young punks who use racism as a shield, protecting them from being held responsible for their actions.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  14. Make America Great Again Akratus Arcane

Akratus
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  15. Once more unto the Codex Learned

Once more unto the Codex
    Parrots:
    I loved that episode.

^ Top  
  16. Make America Great Again Ninjerk Arcane

Ninjerk
    Parrots:
    Like a black version of Gran Torino.

^ Top  
  17. Brzęczyszczykiewicz Prophet

Brzęczyszczykiewicz
    Parrots:
    Project: Eternity
    Both smart and stupid people use it for one purpose: attention.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  18. Make America Great Again Grimlorn Arcane

Grimlorn
    Parrots:
    So this guy got fired from his job over Gamergate. How do you fire someone over email or text message? That's so immature.
    [​IMG]
    Here's the guy's twitlonger on his story. I'm not familiar with programming so I can't really vet it.
    http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sclnt4
    It appears if you are a minority and don't know your place, the SJWs will have you fired.
    :incloosive:

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    ^ Top  
  19. Murk Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Murk
    Parrots:
    Man gets fired over text message; there are typos in the text message.

Ok, guys, come on, this is a joke right...

^ Top  
  20. Make America Great Again Grimlorn Arcane

Grimlorn
    Parrots:
    No it's..... SOCIAL JUSTICE!
    :yeah:

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  21. pippin GOD MOD ENABLED

pippin
    Parrots:
    In this day and age, it wouldn't be surprising if this was indeed the truth.
    Although lack of profile pics is suspicious.

^ Top  
  22. Angthoron Prestigious Gentleman RPG Codex Staff

Angthoron
    Parrots:
    Someone's still surprised over people being fired for Twitter messages after it's been a thing for like three years? Well.

^ Top  
  23. Make America Great Again Black Arcane

Black
    Parrots:
    Milo just posted an oldie but goodie.
    [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 18
    ^ Top  
  24. Murk Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Murk
    Parrots:
    None of my professional contacts have profile pictures either, and I imagine he can't fake employment/firing as it is too easy to check up on. But still, just the notion that a boss would fire someone over text is outright infuriating to me. Not even the reason for the firing being twitter comment, just the texting itself. That's on par with breaking up with someone over text.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Angthoron Prestigious Gentleman RPG Codex Staff

Angthoron
    Parrots:
    It's probably worse. Employment generally has a legally binding contract as well. I know KWA is KWA and you can hire and fire at the drop of a hat, but still, this kind of shit is retarded.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)