Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

NSFW GamerGate: The SJW in Gaming Dumping Ground

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Kitako, Mar 15, 2014.

1. ultimanecat Erudite

ultimanecat
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    The problem with that "review" isn't that it's insipid and has barely anything to do with the game, it's that for some reason the author felt compelled to attach a numerical value to his moral approbation. It's not a "review" in any sense of the word, it's an upper-division-choose-your-own-adventure-topic-midterm-paper that happens to give it's subject a grade at the end. For as much as the writers at killscreen would like to be the lauded intelligentsia of the gaming press, they seem oddly stuck on maintaining the trappings of any two-bit game blog appearing halfway down a game's metacritic page. But I guess if you owned the fact that you're essentially a progressive sociopolitical journal, you'd have to jump out of the sad, small pond of the gaming press and would end up in the company of writers who would honestly laugh at you.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  2. GameGear Unwanted

Unwanted
    Parrots:
    Plus none of them will own up to the fact and just write a separate article/blog piece for the site about how they can't be impartial with a game and the reasons why, and then pass off writing duties to somebody else.

Golly gosh that might come off as reasonable and have people agreeing with them for once.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. circ Arcane

circ
    Parrots:
    Well, both Bustamonte and Azrael are kind of right. There are all kinds of recruiters and interviewers and most of them are biased. Pretty much the only work these days you're guaranteed to get (as anything) is a blue collar job or a STEM job where you can demonstrate through training that you know your shit. For the rest - it's good to have friends who can give you a rec.

Trying to apply to the economics department at an office? Are you a woman or a gay man? No I'm sorry but we're looking for someone else. Experience not TERRIBLY important if you can contribute to the homogeneity of the workplace.

Women and their male allies talk a lot about a 50% balance of the sexes at workplaces. But this only applies to executive positions. You will not see them lobby for equal opportunities at the assembly line or workplaces where they're the majority already - cushy office jobs where last weeks report is either handed to the one coworker that actually does the job - to get finished through overtime, or gets done a week late.

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  4. Bustamonte Unwanted Shitposter

Unwanted
    Parrots:
    There's always bias but this kind of interview process is really fucked up. Basically if one person, for whatever reason, doesn't like you then you are fucked.

On a smaller scale one place I worked had something similar and I sat in on about a bazillion interviews. I would try to have one good interview question that is not punitive and otherwise be neutral. That is how everyone was, and no one was really overruled except sometimes this one dumb bitch would not like someone for stupid reasons.

Basically if they did not kiss her ass when she asked her really dumb question she would get mad. There was no formal vote but effectively speaking if someone didn't like someone or if a couple people really liked someone then their fate was sealed.

I didn't really think much of it at the time until I experienced it at a bigger level. Instead of a bunch of white people interviewing other white people with a few asians and women once in a while, instead it's a bunch of nonwhites and hipsters with iphones. If they don't like you, don't like the type of linux you favor, or whatever then you are fucked.

And instead of one group it's eight or nine of them. Add a few anti-white, anti-male SJW types in the mix and you don't even have a chance. Now do all your hiring for a few years like that and it won't be a few but the norm.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  5. Make America Great Again Orobis Arcane Sychophantic Noob

Orobis
    Parrots:
    The fuck is this shit?

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  6. InD_ImaginE Savant

InD_ImaginE
    Parrots:
    Lol sucks to be in the US
    Live in 2nd/3rd world country for the win
    To be fucking honest? I think you have the white guy victim complex that simply blame SJW SJW SJW because of... SJW. I do apply in many multinational companies operating in my country and even certain racial bias exist, unless you fuck up the attitude test as Azael said, you are unlikely to fail the HRD interview. The only time I truly failed because of it is when I apply on some state-owned company. And if you can't lick their asses off, then blame yourself. You can't because of what? Your white men pride preventing you to lick their asses?

Japanese flip table emoji. I really really doubted that Iren was the one who post that when I saw it. :lol:

Last edited: May 26, 2016
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  7. Make America Great Again Orobis Arcane Sychophantic Noob

Orobis
    Parrots:
    The fuck is this shit? Actually never mind i don't want to know...

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. InD_ImaginE Savant

InD_ImaginE
    Parrots:
    ε===(っ≧ω≦)っ enlighten yourself here: http://kaomoji.ru/en/ :lol:

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  9. Make America Great Again Ninjerk Arcane

Ninjerk
    Parrots:
    (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 11
    ^ Top  
  10. Make America Great Again Fowyr Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Fowyr
    Parrots:
    Azrael perfectly describes why all corpodrones should be aworized.
    Increasing is another candidate for glue factory too.

Now for the article:
    It's a nice word and I was glad to hear it again, but it looks here like lipstick on pig.
    Also what's Bio Force Ape said.
    See Book of Judges 12:5-6
    Show Spoiler

And the Gileadites took the passages of Jordan before the Ephraimites: and it was so, that when those Ephraimites which were escaped said, Let me go over; that the men of Gilead said unto him, Art thou an Ephraimite? If he said, Nay;
    6 Then said they unto him, Say now Shibboleth: and he said Sibboleth: for he could not frame to pronounce it right. Then they took him, and slew him at the passages of Jordan: and there fell at that time of the Ephraimites forty and two thousand.

He is yellow, ignorami.
    :popcorn:

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  11. Make America Great Again Orobis Arcane Sychophantic Noob

Orobis
    Parrots:
    [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  12. InD_ImaginE Savant

InD_ImaginE
    Parrots:
    I don't know. Because multinational companies have a standard practice perhaps? Including when they hire people.

Yeah, I'm neither brown nor the majority is white. I failed on stated owned company because it is a common practice. If you are actually working there (I interned, although placement is by my department so no interview) you will see the very homogeneous nature of the workforce.

Precisely because you won't fit in the team? Considering you are so full of yourself and refuse to see that there are more than technical requirement in a job, you won't fit in. My friend has 3.9 GPA out of 4, can solo a project that others would need 3 people for and still get better result, and also a general over confident jack ass so now he is still stuck working as a lab assistant in the campus.

EDIT: my bottom line is you can be the most fucking competent person individually, but unless you are working in a very specific field of job, unless you will socially fit with the team the company already has, you won't get hired. Managerial consulting is one of the field where you can be a general jack ass and still be hired if you have a load of technical skills to back you up. Common corporate jobs? Not so much.

^ Top  
  13. Make America Great Again Orobis Arcane Sychophantic Noob

Orobis
    Parrots:
    :notsureifserious:

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  14. InD_ImaginE Savant

InD_ImaginE
    Parrots:
    Hey he complained that he failed interview in the US because of SJW right? Then live in 2nd or 3rd world country where fit-white-men are hold in high regards and white racism basically doesn't exist.

^ Top  
  15. Make America Great Again Dexter Arcane

Dexter
    Parrots:
    Some bearded androgynous goon in Canada who seems to be sorry he was born as a white man has all teh IP addresses and he's not joking at all:

It's apparently from: http://www.cbc.ca/player/play/2689444115 (1:16:45)

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  16. Bustamonte Unwanted Shitposter

Unwanted
    Parrots:
    Move to china, get cancer. Move to south america get kidnapped. Move to africa you'll wish you had cancer and been kidnapped.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  17. InD_ImaginE Savant

InD_ImaginE
    Parrots:
    Still will get a job. And hey, shorter life expectancy means you don't need to save that much for retirement. Which means you got a shorter but quality content, like very crpgs should be. :incline:

^ Top  
  18. Stainless Veteran Arcane

Stainless Veteran
    Parrots:
    I agree. Here in Russia HR has two main problems - nepotism and\or corruption. The level of this two problems varies depending on a company and a line of work. But at least we don't have western type SJWs.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  19. mondblut Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

mondblut
    Parrots:
    Who let these people in? :obviously:

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    ^ Top  
  20. InD_ImaginE Savant

InD_ImaginE
    Parrots:
    Keep playing your open world RPGs then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

^ Top  
  21. mondblut Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

mondblut
    Parrots:
    I'll take them over your leisure suit larries with 3 stats slapped on top any day of the week, kthx.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  22. Make America Great Again Wild Slop Arcane

Wild Slop
    Parrots:
    [Intelligence] Don't say "Hitler did nothing wrong" during job interviews, you silly goobergaters.

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  23. Azrael the cat Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Azrael the cat
    Parrots:
    Another idiot who can't or won't read. Good-looking and taller white guys earn more, get hired more, and get promoted faster than other white guys.

Hey, maybe I reached the top of two professions, one being a massively highly-paid private sector profession, the other being a traditional bureaucratic academic profession, because I'm just inherently brilliant. Maybe that's why I haven't felt this crushing bias against me. Hell, perhaps I overcame the disadvantage of being a white guy to own a $3 mil house mortgage-free by the time I was 27, and a 1/8 share of possibly the most iconic commercial buildings in my city by 29 (won't say which one, but if you're in Perth, there's only about 3-4 commercial buildings that you'd commonly identify by name, and it's one of those, exits out onto both Hay street and St Georges Tce), despite working entirely in these anti-white bureaucracies most of my professional life....perhaps it's because I'm just that much better than you.

But you know, I don't think that's the case. I don't think I get favoured at all by being white or by being make in itself - though the advantage of being decent looking probably does help, and it's very well documented, denying the advantage that good-looking males get over average looking males and all women is simply ignoring inconvenient facts SJW-style - I just think you have to be an absolute muppet if you find corporate protocol too hard to navigate.

You sound like the kind of guy who flunks out of a private boys highschool because, despite getting top teaching and pro-level sports/music coaching+facilities, you just can't handle wearing having to a tie and follow a regimen, and you feel 'oppressed by the man' because can't just act like you're hanging at home with your mates. If you're hitting your head on the bar of HR protocols, when they're the easiest thing in the world to get through so long as you're not a total moron without the mental faculties that allow most of us to intuitively detect when to wear your 'I'm at work' mask, then the problem is with you, not the HR system.

Or heck, maybe I'm wrong and you're right. Maybe it's all stacked against white guys like me, and I've done fine because I'm just that much more awesome than you.

There are plenty of things that are stacked against folk with less money and education than myself. And I will absolutely acknowledge that white men get less in the way of 'leg-ups' than other working class people. If there's any serious corporate discrimination against white guys, that's where it is - that you get less in the way of 'golden ticket' handouts to enable you to avoid all the shit stacked against working class folk
    Show Spoiler
    (working class non-whites and non-males still have that shit stacked against them though, and whilst they have more 'leg-up' opportunities to be lifted up into the middle class, those opportunities are still rare, and most folk won't encounter them regardless of gender or skin colour).
    But don't start fucking whining about white men being discriminated against when they're already in the professional classes - it's just fucking cringeworthy hearing someone complain about how unfair it all is, while I'm sitting back and laughing at how fucking easy it's been.

And laughably, you're the one calling me the SJW. You're the one blaming your own failures on the evil discriminatory system, even though I'm also a white male and are doing just dandy. Take some personal responsibility, stop assuming that it's the rest of the word that's shit instead of you, and you might find it as easy as I have.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Increasing Plant

Advertising Plant
    Advertising plant
    Parrots:
    Bustamonte: "Lefties are sheahling our johbs! I dident get a juhb cus i am a white MAHN, not because of mah lack of qualifications and poor social skills!"

White men are the ones who tend to be in positions of power are have the highest chance of getting a job compared to women or minorities with identical qualifications, idiot.

^ Top  
  25. Decado Prestigious Gentleman Old time handsome face wrecker Patron

Decado
    Parrots:
    Codex 2014
    Jesus Christ man you sound like a whiny fucking baby.

You realize that going by your personal (otherwise known as "lived" :lol: ) experience, and ignoring the vast reams of data that suggest a different conclusion, is exactly what whiny fuck-ups on Twitter do when saying that the real reason nobody buys their pretentious garbage game is not that it sucks, but that the system is racist or discriminatory. You can see the similarity, right?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)