Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

NSFW GamerGate: The SJW in Gaming Dumping Ground

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Kitako, Mar 15, 2014.

1. mondblut Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

mondblut
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    :incline:

I wish the rest would follow suit.

• Brofist Brofist x 14
    ^ Top  
  2. Dr Tomo Learned

Dr Tomo
    Parrots:
    Thanks, 3 a.m and this shit was blowing up on Reddit with people commenting every 10-15 min with a call of arms from both sides with examples of the reddit posts I quoted at the end. All I saw from the comments that was flooding in was supposedly another "victim" like the woman who did Fem Freq. Also, I was tired of reading this thread and forgot to link this before playing a game and also appreciate others who took a dive into this cesspool and linked more stuff. This is one of her pieces that is on her resume that she linked on twitter posting these tweets and so this looks like it was just a expanding bubble since June 27 which busted on her "fuck you" tweet.

Edit* Polygon source

^ Top  
  3. groke Arcane Patron

groke
    Parrots:
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera BattleTech
    All battles are won, gentlemen! Games have reached their apex, we just need to fix the titles.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  4. Cadmus Arcane

Cadmus
    Parrots:
    dude, don't read reddit..if Codex is a circlejerk, reddit is a circleassfuck train with cum coming out of your eyes from cum overload. these guys are all college freshmen/high school hipsters and the shit there is just unreadable

• Brofist Brofist x 12
    ^ Top  
  5. warpig Arcane

warpig
    Parrots:
    What's wrong with catering to "boyhood fantasies"? There wouldn't be any games if it wasn't for boyish fantasies about shooting aliens, slaying dragons and exploring dungeons, commanding armies etc. Video games were created by (and for) "immature" nerdy guys not by hipster "intellectuals" or angry feminist college professors. Have some fucking respect.

• Brofist Brofist x 10
    ^ Top  
  6. sexbad? Arcane Patron

sexbad?
    Parrots:
    Codex USB, 2014
    That sounds much more fun than Reddit.

• Brofist Brofist x 10
    ^ Top  
  7. Ebonsword Arcane

Ebonsword
    Parrots:
    I'm still just trying to figure out how Diablo is a "ridiculously masculinized title".

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Ebonsword Arcane

Ebonsword
    Parrots:
    ^ Top  
  9. mondblut Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

mondblut
    Parrots:
    You kill things instead of cuddling with digital plush toys. Violence and sex are childish, don't you know. Plush toys, on the other hand...

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  10. Excidium P. banal

Self-Ejected
    Parrots:
    No because I am not a reddit-tier pleb who watches zero punctuation

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  
  11. Jick Magger Arcane Patron

Jick Magger
    Parrots:
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria

This is like saying we need to stop making dumb action movies like Dredd because they aren't 'deep' enough to elevate films as an artistic medium. If I had to choose between a plotless run and gunner like Doom or Duke Nukem and pretentious 2deep4u award bait like Beyond: Two Souls and The Last of Us, I'd fucking nuke the entire goddamn medium back into the stone age just to make it happen.

• Brofist Brofist x 10
    ^ Top  
  12. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    Parrots:
    No matter how loudly Samantha Allen screams, no matter how many people tell her she's awesome and accepted, she will always be a dude dressed as a woman who looks like a dude. She'll never win. Every person who looks at her the rest of her life will think to themselves "this is a dude." You guys already won, won again, then pissed on her failed campaign and danced on her shattered dreams. It's impossible for her to win. That's why she's so angry.

So enjoy.

• Brofist Brofist x 11
    ^ Top  
  13. Cadmus Arcane

Cadmus
    Parrots:
    this sounds so sweet
    (and I don't even know who she is)

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  14. Tom Selleck Erudite

Tom Selleck
    Parrots:
    Yo, there's been a lot impassioned thought about this issue, both on this page and around the internet. It's super important that we're having this discussion, but I'd like know if, in the pages of debate, anyone has considered the following yet:

SaMANtha

#BAZINGA

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  15. Xu Fugui Unwanted

Unwanted
    Parrots:
    [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  
  16. Elfberserker Liturgist

Elfberserker
    Parrots:
    Yep.
    Looks totally legit SJW attack.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Dayyālu Arcane

Dayyālu
    Parrots:
    Yes, Tom Bramwell. Mangling and rewriting past societies and sensibilities to cather to your limited XXI century sensibilities is the right thing to do. I mean, who cares about the possibilities that there are different societies or different world views? Of course, we live and the end of History and our Western White LIberal values are of course the greatest values that ever existed. Good luck at trying to understand and to love something that it's not your backyard. Western intelligentsia never learns.

That's hilarious. It is complete disrespect against the possibility of different cultures and values. And the pitiful attempts to find something that resembles your worldview in past societies!

Thanks, Tom Bramwell. You made me post in this retarded thread. Clickbait operation succedeed.

Plus, Historical Accuracy can be only good even in stupid media like Vydia Games. To show how alien and interesting and varied and different are past and foreign societies... but that's bad, right, Tom?

• Brofist Brofist x 21
    ^ Top  
  18. Stainless Veteran Arcane

Stainless Veteran
    Parrots:
    [​IMG]
    Boring SJW rant (open)

[src]

^ Top  
  19. Kamoho Learned

Kamoho
    Parrots:
    [The statement was followed by a long silence. And then Molyneux cried.]

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  20. Xu Fugui Unwanted

Unwanted
    Parrots:
    :greatjob:
    I think westerners are too intimidated by their own history to be frank. That the west haven't always been a liberal democratic society with cash flowing out of its butt and that in the past more survivalist values and practical solutions rather than purely ethical ones have been the norm is horrifying when you go soul-searching on how the west got to where they are now. It think even different cultures reminds them of how they got where they are and how must they have lost. Even simple things like spirituality completely eludes most of them. When the chubby emasculated but rather benevolent western middle-class men are confronted with that fact that sometimes unsavoury means are all that you have available or that not everyone share their values, ethics and ideals because their society didn't stem from ancient Greece or Rome they get a little frightened. Westerners artists in particular, like to think themselves bohemian world citizens when they're anything but and can't even comprehend the meaning or purpose of what their ancestors did a couple of generations ago. Urbanization is partly to blame I think, the decadence that imperial wealth brings is also a reason. Heck even looking at what the west has been up to recently is causing great revulsion in the humanist movements, which is funny since that's what have allowed them to prosper in the first place.
    [​IMG]

Anyway, personally I feel somewhat conflicted about historical wrappings in video games. On one hand I find historical accuracy a great boner inducer in any medium, on the other with the current politics and the quality of writing in video games I'm not sure I would want them to present anything else than a silly muppet version of the past because I don't believe they could do the alternative justice. I feel the same about Hollywood and their films. One thing I am sure of, historical accuracy is never silly.

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  21. Luzur Prestigious Gentleman Good Sir

Luzur
    Parrots:
    you should post this in the comment section of the webpage you found that on.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  22. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    Parrots:
    I actually agree with her, making everyone bisexual is super dumb and stood out like a sore thumb in DA2.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  23. Stainless Veteran Arcane

Stainless Veteran
    Parrots:
    Yeah, I do agree too. ME3 had the same problem, only more dumb, because characters with previously established sexuality suddenly became bisexual for no apparent reason. I quoted her article mainly to demonstrate that some Bioware fanboys actually liked "everyone is gay for YOU, OH MIGHTY HERO!" approach and now are butthurt that they can't fuck everybody in upcoming DA:I. As if the lack of bisexual party member was that game's main problem, heh.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
    ^ Top  
  24. muds_animal_friend Arcane Patron

muds_animal_friend
    Parrots:
    Every NPC's bread is "buttered on both sides" for a Bioware player character. It's like they're trying to create an Ace Rimmer RPG, but without the humour, or wit, or likable characters, or interesting plot.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Make America Great Again AngryEddy Arcane

AngryEddy
    Parrots:
    Jig is up the news is out they finally found me
    I've never met a single adult or teenager or speaks SJW language, in affluent neighborhoods, or in the ghetto.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)