Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Game Shilling on Codex: Accepted or Not?

Parabalus

Arcane
Do you have problems reading?
The differences between their operation and a proper astroturfing operation are these: you didn't plan for it, you didn't coordinate with them and you did not pay them. However everything else is the same.

nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.png

Man these guys did more damage than good to AoD's reputation, hard to believe you'd think VD would "hire" them for it. You can't manufacture the kind of rabid zealotry Goral and Lurker King exhibit, that comes from decades of broken dreams and bad RPGs.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
If you continue defending them then I would say that you have ulterior motive which will not reflect nicely on your reputation.
:lol: Insane.
The real war is not between Underrail and Age of Decadence, but a war between them and other medium, or triple-A, studios that keep lowering the standards of game design and making people believe that shallow isometric games are new classics. And they are winning the cultural war.
Him too.

Sizzle

Arcane
I don't get it. We gave LK and Goral Fanboy tags before you even started this thread so what's the point of it?

Tags are all well and good (and I'm surprised it took them this long to get 'em), but OP does have a point - every thread they participate in, even if it has absolutely nothing to do with AoD, turns into a pissing contest about how AoD somehow did it better (even bizarre things like graphics. Because, when you think of good graphics, you think of AoD).

Worse, they do it in such a disingenuous and misinformed fashion, that other posters are inclined to get involved in those discussions fights, thereby derailing the entire thing.

Now, don't get me wrong, I have nothing against retards and retarded discussions (wouldn't be here if I did), but what I do find tedious is having every potentially interesting discussion turn out the same way when they get involved.

So how about doing everyone (including themselves) a favor, and limiting their posting privileges to the Iron Tower sub-forum? At the end of the day, it's not like they're really interested in anything else.

Unwanted

Charles Eli Cheese

Neckbeard Shitlord
Edgy Shitposter
The differences between their operation and a proper astroturfing operation are these: you didn't plan for it, you didn't coordinate with them and you did not pay them. However everything else is the same.

Astroturfing is paid though. I know you are semi accusing them of that but I seriously doubt that is the case, they are probably just random rabid fans who have lost all common sense and perspective.

If Goral did not stumble upon AoD he would probably be preparing to suicide bomb some old jewish ladies somewhere. Or, he could be preparing to suicide bomb styg for all we know :lol:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Seriously though, I don't get it. We gave LK and Goral Fanboy tags before you even started this thread so what's the point of it? You're just going to end up getting tagged yourself. :P

True. I learned my lesson and I will ignore them in the future.

I think they deserve a cool-off ban. Or at least a message that this is not ok.

Such hostility when I'm trying to take your side. Nevermind toro, fire away! :salute:

Quality posters. Eh? :)

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
So how about doing everyone (including themselves) a favor, and limiting their posting privileges to the Iron Tower sub-forum? At the end of the day, it's not like they're really interested in anything else.

Thank you.

Parabalus

Arcane
Man if it were just on RPGCodex nobody would give a fuck, but you literally can't find a thread on fucking STEAM where Goral hasn't been stroking his hard-on for AoD. Doing that shit in public is just nasty, specially when they link to their giant unbiased walls of shit on why AoD is the only true RPG on the 'Dex, makes everyone here super duper appear insane.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
So, having read this thread, you all mean to tell me that there are people who like a game so much that they go stupid for it?

This is news to me and totally surprising. Tell me more.

From my point of view what they are doing it's not alright (besides all the obvious exaggerations).

However whatever info I had I put forward in this thread and from this point forward this is no longer my issue.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Man if it were just on RPGCodex nobody would give a fuck, but you literally can't find a thread on fucking STEAM where Goral hasn't been stroking his hard-on for AoD. Doing that shit in public is just nasty, specially when they link to their giant unbiased walls of shit on why AoD is the only true RPG on the 'Dex, makes everyone here super duper appear insane.

Come on dude. He's just a regular AoD fan expressing his love for the game. /dev talk

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Such hostility when I'm trying to take your side.

There's no side to take. It's just another example of vote-fraudster Underrail-fanboy toro autistically screeching.

Let's point at him and laugh.
Well, I bet that this whole discussion is not a reaction he expected.

Also:
There is no drama (at least on my part)
Right, because creating two threads about me preferring Age of Decadence over Underrail has nothing to do with you. :roll:
it's not about my butthurt
Right.
However they are fucking pest for this forum and wherever they go.
In other words - they don't like what I like so they must go.

They get alerts and that's all I intended. I don't really care if the mods will do something about it or not.
Aha, and that's why you've called for them, no reason at all. You're being as honest here as with allegations against Vault Dweller or lying about RPG Watch for better effect.
I think they deserve a cool-off ban. Or at least a message that this is not ok.
:D See above.
1) They are part of you testing group which implies that you have off-forum conversations with them (mail, messenger and so on).
Or lying about that, making assumptions out of your ass.
They used your forum to coordinate this kind of operation. In fact in that thread Goral is spewing confidential information like this:
32858310325_e2b07d4d8e_o.png

How the fuck does he know that the game is not selling too well?
Not only you're lying, you're also going full retard.
You were part of this operation - with intention or without intention.
Another slander. It doesn't suffice to attack us, you also have to attack Vault Dweller who's got nothing to do with us. You're acting like a retarded child who's throwing shit at everyone who comes close.
And you can bet I have a problem with this shit for the following reasons:

1) They shilled hard in the "The Age of Incline: RPG Codex's 2012-2016 GOTY Results" thread.

There are clues that vote manipulation took place and AoD was one of the games that profited the most.
sTOYDxm.jpg

2) These are toxic posters which deform, derail and destroy any kind of criticism for AoD. The perverse thing is that they are covering their backs therefore it's hard to drag them in the open.
WTF?
3) There is no comparison with Underrail in this department. Nobody from the Underrail sub-forum was engaged in this kind of bullshit.
/me looks above

:notsureifserious:
WTF are you talking about? I've posted my reviews on GOG, Metacritic and Steam that's true (that's 3 clicks and maybe 30 s once I've written it, all in the same day or 2 days span, check the dates) and I've recommended Age of Decadence in the "What other game should I play" thread. Show me these many other threads where I'm advertising Age of Decadence because I'm curious. Oh, right, there was also this thread: http://steamcommunity.com/app/377160/discussions/0/371919771753417028/?tscn=1460374049
Underrail fanboys, sheesh.

xmYEhDl.png

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Do you have problems reading?

nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.png

Man these guys did more damage than good to AoD's reputation, hard to believe you'd think VD would "hire" them for it. You can't manufacture the kind of rabid zealotry Goral and Lurker King exhibit, that comes from decades of broken dreams and bad RPGs.

I agree with you but I just want to clarify something: I NEVER claimed VD hired them. They are too stupid to realize that they are doing unpaid work.

What I claimed is that they have a somewhat close relationship with this developer. Which technically is true. I already stated the reasons why I made that claim.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Seriously though, I don't get it. We gave LK and Goral Fanboy tags before you even started this thread so what's the point of it? You're just going to end up getting tagged yourself. :P

True. I learned my lesson and I will ignore them in the future.

Read: "please, don't tag me; please, don't tag me. I got the message!".

images

That's how coercion works.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Nice meltdowns.

1. Lurker King rated your post
    rating_shit.png
    Shit in the thread Decline Game Shilling on Codex: Accepted or Not?.

3:27 PM

2. Lurker King rated your post
    rating_shit.png

3. Lurker King rated your post
    rating_shittydog.gif
    Doggy in the thread Decline Game Shilling on Codex: Accepted or Not?.

3:26 PM

4. Irenaeus rated your post
    rating_shit.png

3:25 PM

5. catfood rated your post
    decline.png
    decline in the thread Game News Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Announced and Live on Fig.

3:24 PM

6. Lurker King quoted your post in the thread Decline Game Shilling on Codex: Accepted or Not?.
    3:22 PM

7. Irenaeus rated your post
    rating_shit.png

3:19 PM

8. Goral rated your post
    rating_retarded.png
    retadred in the thread Decline Game Shilling on Codex: Accepted or Not?.

3:18 PM

9. Goral quoted your post in the thread Decline Game Shilling on Codex: Accepted or Not?.

10. Irenaeus rated your post
    rating_shit.png

3:04 PM

11. Irenaeus rated your post
    rating_shit.png

12. Charles Eli Cheese quoted your post in the thread Decline Game Shilling on Codex: Accepted or Not?.
    2:51 PM

13. Rivmusique quoted your post in the thread Decline Game Shilling on Codex: Accepted or Not?.
    2:45 PM

14. Irenaeus rated your post
    rating_shit.png

2:42 PM

15. Irenaeus rated your post
    rating_shit.png

16. Irenaeus rated your post
    rating_butthurt.png
    butthurt in the thread Decline Game Shilling on Codex: Accepted or Not?.

2:41 PM

17. Parabalus quoted your post in the thread Decline Game Shilling on Codex: Accepted or Not?.
    2:39 PM

18. Irenaeus rated your post
    rating_shit.png

2:36 PM

19. Irenaeus rated your post
    rating_shit.png

20. Irenaeus rated your post
    rating_shit.png

21. Irenaeus rated your post
    rating_butthurt.png

22. Irenaeus rated your post
    rating_retarded.png

2:31 PM

23. Irenaeus rated your post
    rating_retarded.png

2:30 PM

24. Irenaeus mentioned you in a post in the thread Decline Game Shilling on Codex: Accepted or Not?.
    2:21 PM

25. Irenaeus rated your post
    rating_butthurt.png

2:15 PM

26. Irenaeus rated your post
    rating_butthurt.png

27. Goral quoted your post in the thread Decline Game Shilling on Codex: Accepted or Not?.
    2:04 PM

28. catfood rated your post
    clear.png
    Balanced in the thread Decline Game Shilling on Codex: Accepted or Not?.

1:51 PM

29. Goral rated your post
    rating_retarded.png

1:44 PM

30. Lurker King quoted your post in the thread Decline Game Shilling on Codex: Accepted or Not?.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
I’m noticing a pattern here. AoD supporters got tagged for anything, while Underrail fanboys can do whatever the fuck they want, create whole threads with tinfoil hat accusations, and get away with it. I don’t know who is more butthurted and dishonest, if it is toro or some retards from the staff.

Last edited:
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I'm starting to think Vault Dweller is paying toro to shill, at least in an any coverage is good coverage sorta way. I mean the retardedness of the AoD fanboys looks so much more normal with toro running around like this.

Sizzle

Arcane
I don't think VD is paying them anything, but when you look at the communication he has with them, it's obvious he's nicer to them than he would be if they weren't free advertising plants for his game.

Which is a perfectly okay and understandable business tactic - would you tell your biggest fans they're retards?

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
Nice meltdowns.

1. Lurker King rated your post
    rating_shit.png

2. Lurker King rated your post
    rating_shit.png

3. Lurker King rated your post
    rating_shittydog.gif
    Doggy in the thread Decline Game Shilling on Codex: Accepted or Not?.

3:26 PM

4. Irenaeus rated your post
    rating_shit.png

3:25 PM

5. catfood rated your post
    decline.png
    decline in the thread Game News Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Announced and Live on Fig.

3:24 PM

6. Lurker King quoted your post in the thread Decline Game Shilling on Codex: Accepted or Not?.
    3:22 PM

7. Irenaeus rated your post
    rating_shit.png

3:19 PM

8. Goral rated your post
    rating_retarded.png

9. Goral quoted your post in the thread Decline Game Shilling on Codex: Accepted or Not?.

10. Irenaeus rated your post
    rating_shit.png

11. Irenaeus rated your post
    rating_shit.png

12. Charles Eli Cheese quoted your post in the thread Decline Game Shilling on Codex: Accepted or Not?.
    2:51 PM

13. Rivmusique quoted your post in the thread Decline Game Shilling on Codex: Accepted or Not?.
    2:45 PM

14. Irenaeus rated your post
    rating_shit.png

15. Irenaeus rated your post
    rating_shit.png

16. Irenaeus rated your post
    rating_butthurt.png

2:41 PM

17. Parabalus quoted your post in the thread Decline Game Shilling on Codex: Accepted or Not?.
    2:39 PM

18. Irenaeus rated your post
    rating_shit.png

19. Irenaeus rated your post
    rating_shit.png

20. Irenaeus rated your post
    rating_shit.png

21. Irenaeus rated your post
    rating_butthurt.png

22. Irenaeus rated your post
    rating_retarded.png

2:31 PM

23. Irenaeus rated your post
    rating_retarded.png

2:30 PM

24. Irenaeus mentioned you in a post in the thread Decline Game Shilling on Codex: Accepted or Not?.
    2:21 PM

25. Irenaeus rated your post
    rating_butthurt.png

26. Irenaeus rated your post
    rating_butthurt.png

27. Goral quoted your post in the thread Decline Game Shilling on Codex: Accepted or Not?.
    2:04 PM

28. catfood rated your post
    clear.png
    Balanced in the thread Decline Game Shilling on Codex: Accepted or Not?.

1:51 PM

29. Goral rated your post
    rating_retarded.png

1:44 PM

30. Lurker King quoted your post in the thread Decline Game Shilling on Codex: Accepted or Not?.

You seem upset.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
OP does have a point - every thread they participate in, even if it has absolutely nothing to do with AoD, turns into a pissing contest about how AoD somehow did it better
Let's ask a fundamental question, who starts these discussions? If they don't want a DISCUSSION where both sides can participate and just want to spew their bullshit they should create blogs. Show me one thread where I go "hey guys, you know what's also great? Age of Decadence!!!!!!!!!!".

For example compare: my post http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...2016-goty-results.113518/page-30#post-4961669 (actual arguments with examples)
with:
toro's post http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...2016-goty-results.113518/page-31#post-4961725 (no arguments, just shitposting)

His whole post is comprised of a few bullshit sentences: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...2016-goty-results.113518/page-32#post-4961867

racofer

Thread Incliner

Parabalus

Arcane
WTF are you talking about? I've posted my reviews on GOG, Metacritic and Steam that's true (that's 3 clicks and maybe 30 s once I've written it, all in the same day or 2 days span, check the dates) and I've recommended Age of Decadence in the "What other game should I play" thread. Show me these many other threads where I'm advertising Age of Decadence because I'm curious. Oh, right, there was also this thread: http://steamcommunity.com/app/377160/discussions/0/371919771753417028/?tscn=1460374049
Underrail fanboys, sheesh.

Yeah man, I'm a hardcore underrail fan going undercover with Agatoth avatar +M.

Since you kindly linked your steam profile, your second ever post was already in the hardcore shill territory AoD >>> UR about fucking graphics.:whiteknight:

Mind you, I actually like your comments about Underrail, specially about DC, but the level of propaganda you two exhibit is beyond Correct The Record levels - and you aren't even Indians getting paid pocket change!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom