Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Game Shilling on Codex: Accepted or Not?

Skittles

He ruins the fun.
toro Thanks for reminding me that I haven't posted reviews of AoD on Steam or GOG yet and that I technically only own it on one platform. You can rest easy knowing that your thread brought these heinous oversights to light and corrective actions have been taken.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
In fact in that thread Goral is spewing confidential information like this:

32858310325_e2b07d4d8e_o.png

How the fuck does he know that the game is not selling too well?

There is this thing called SteamSpy: http://steamspy.com/app/230070

Ok. I could be wrong about this

sser

Arcane
Developer
I went into Costco this week and Goral was behind one of them sample kiosks. I thought he was peddling cheese or something, but he just had a laptop on the table and a pyramid of mayonnaise jars someone had left there because they realized they didn't want to buy them and couldn't be assed to walk them all the way back. I was trying to get to the sushi and jeans aisle so I could buy dead fish in bulk and some skinny denims, but he flagged me down. He said sir, look at this. And I looked at the computer and it was a demo of a blocky legionnaire stabbing a filthy thief in the pate with a pila. I said I didn't have the time. He said please and touched me by the arm, which raced my heart a little bit. It was warmer than expected, though I had been wearing short sleeves and Costco runs its temps low. I played the Roman antifa riot simulator for a couple of minutes and ended up buying a bulk 20-AoD package. I told him so I wanted to play it co-op with all my friends (look at my facebook acct) and he smiled and touched me again, this time with a hug over the shopping cart and table, knocking a couple of jars of mayonnaise over but it was worth it. Leave the silly shilling salesman alone.

Unwanted

Charles Eli Cheese

Neckbeard Shitlord
Edgy Shitposter
10 years of pent up hopes and dreams. 10 years. Many went mad before the game was released, due to being scorned on the forums or simply not petted enough. Others went mad with buttrage on release when they realized how much fucking teleporting the game had. but some, the true fans, the virtuous and glorious ones - they kept the faith. And when AoD was released it was like the tooling of a great bell that shook the heavens and any fool making a not AoD game like that silly Styg would be hunted to the ends of the earth. Any retard not enjoying the game to the utmost maximum would be hunted down, shackled in the basement and fed to the dogs when winter came. For truly no masterpiece of software and art and writing had to this day surpassed it nor would that ever be possible and those who denied its greatness would be smited while those who wallowed in pagan ignorance must be uplifted and brought into the light of civilization.

Last edited:
Unwanted

Charles Eli Cheese

Neckbeard Shitlord
Edgy Shitposter
1) They are part of you testing group which implies that you have off-forum conversations with them (mail, messenger and so on).

2) They used your forum to coordinate this kind of operation.

In fact in that thread Goral is spewing confidential information like this:

32858310325_e2b07d4d8e_o.png

How the fuck does he know that the game is not selling too well?

3) You were part of this operation - with intention or without intention.

32050629013_b6371e9762_o.png

He down-voted all the negative reviews regardless of the fact that they made sense or not. And you thanked him.

32484230750_558b6930dc_o.png

Nice attitude dude. You basically gave the order to these morons: "Negative reviews are fair game!".

In conclusion: the assumption that you have a close relationship with them is not far fetched and the assumption that they are shills is solid. They are idiots for not getting paid but that's not my problem.

And you can bet I have a problem with this shit for the following reasons:

1) They shilled hard in the "The Age of Incline: RPG Codex's 2012-2016 GOTY Results" thread.

There are clues that vote manipulation took place and AoD was one of the games that profited the most.

32787066305_f9c89c51af_o.png

2) These are toxic posters which deform, derail and destroy any kind of criticism for AoD.

The perverse thing is that they are covering their backs therefore it's hard to drag them in the open.

3) There is no comparison with Underrail in this department.

Nobody from the Underrail sub-forum was engaged in this kind of bullshit.

You should put a leash on your rabid dogs.

I gave both AoD and Underrail a 3 on that thing, which ties them both as my number one games on that list full of turd.

Now I am beginning to doubt. Was I influenced by the jew? Maybe I can go back and change my AoD score to a 2.

Skittles

He ruins the fun.
Guys, I don't know if you're aware, but this entire forum is infested with shills for games developed and/or published by SSI, Sir-Tech, and Troika, while SYSTEMATICALLY and MALICIOUSLY without CAUSE criticizing many fine Bethesda and Bioware RPGs, which you know are the best RPGs.

Now, I don't blame these developers for using autists to advertise their games. To be honest, I would do the same thing. However, these idiots have gone too far in my opinion.

1) They derail any thread with discussions of their favourite games.
2) They have some kind of personal vendetta against Bioware and David Gaider.
3) They are advertising themselves as some sort of "RPG fans," when you well know that only someone completely unfamiliar with a genre can form objective opinions (like the prestigious Mr. Cobbett).
4) They even have the temerity to write and post reviews on the FRONT PAGE OF THIS VERY SITE.

I'm a little bit angry that this shit has been going on for so long while I personally tried to give them the benefit of the doubt. But this shit ain't cut it.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
It's obvious something is going on. 90 day ban of all ITS Forum account holders, need proper vetting.

I'm read for a deposition, but I want to make a deal because i'm not going down alone. Do you hear, Roxor? I will blow the whistle on everyone involved.

yahoo4.jpg

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
toro is a plant on Infinitron's payroll and this is just another false flag thread to distract us from the Torment Cut Content Scandal.

I think he is on the take. Something fishy is going on. How much Styg is paying you, Toro? I bet the deal he made with Fargo on kickstarter was worth it.

Brancaleone

Liturgist
I have a simple way of solving this mess of a dispute.

Whichever between AoD and UR makes the highest number of privilege-checks when you play as a white male shall be declared the better game, and any fans of the other game are just paid shills.

Case closed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom