Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Game Shilling on Codex: Accepted or Not?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I only know 1 case where VD said PR bullshit like "we'll look into it" instead of "there is almost 0% chance of that" (at least that's how I've perceived it, may be he was honest and they're working on it): http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic,7256.msg146717.html#msg146717 but at least I know they've read it.
We did look into it, requested and received access to the Galaxy, and in general we do want to add achievements on GOG but it seems to be a bit of a project so we pushed it back and then forgot to revisit.

gaussgunner

Arcane
lol
It's funny coming from toro's sycophant. You gobble up whatever he says without second thought and are very prone to suggestion.
I'm no more toro's sycophant than lurker king's sycophant. I happen to agree with him about something.

You also can't tell the difference between a sycophant and apologist/advocate :lol:. Like I said in this thread already, I'm Age of Decadence apologist, not VD apologist.
So you're an AOD evangelist. Unless you've been telling VD a lot of things he DIDN'T want to hear, you're a sycophant too.

Look at Colony Ship Game updates to see how silly you are. If you'll read them you will see that they're trying to address the flaws that were in AoD (but maybe introduce new ones, it remains to be seen) but at least they're experimenting and trying something fresh instead of going the same formula................
That's cool, but you're trying too hard. I've heard about Colony Ship but it gets drowned out by all the self-induced butthurt about AOD.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Paranoid fake Kodexers thinking that everyone who has something positive to say about a game or gaming industry in general is a shill: The Thread.
To be fair, the actions go beyond just positive things to say. Specifically, creating accounts on RPS and RPGWatch or searching for reviews to downvote.

I would not call Goral or Lurker King shills for trying to share their enjoyment of the game, but selling their bodies to RPS and RPGWatch is too high of a price to pay.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
I'm so glad I didn't post to this thread and get alerts every 10 minutes.

Fake edit: DOH!

I like toitles
betty_new.png

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Last edited:

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
RPG Watcher Mustawd said:
It is. It means the codex at one point went down and you became a refugee.
The thing is I don't have RPG Watch account which Maculo would know if he would read the thread instead of listening to a lying idiot.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
selling their bodies to RPS and RPGWatch
:nocountryforshitposters:
Another retard who can't read and gobbles up everything toro says.

Edit:
Do you want to know which Codexer does have RPG Watch account? For example https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1061435724&postcount=70
Suggesting that having RPG Watch account is a bad thing... You're playing with fire here.
Goral, do you not understand sarcasm, or even comedic hyperbole? Let's look at other replies.

scandalous

truly appalling

It's obvious something is going on. 90 day ban of all ITS Forum account holders, need proper vetting.
Just ban everyone. From everywhere. Reviews being posted in too many places - this is just too much.

Do you also believe someone seriously asked DU to ban posters for 90 days? Or that I seriously believe creating an online account is equivalent to selling one's body? You do realize toro just wanted to wound you up, right? Like I said in a prior post, creating multiple accounts seems silly, but whether you did it or not does not matter. It does not make you a paid shill, just a someone who really enjoyed AoD.

Edit: Wait, was the DU stuff a joke? Did I miss the joke this time? If so, well played. I cannot legitimately tell anymore.

Last edited:

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Suggesting that having RPG Watch account is a bad thing...

It is. It means the codex at one point went down and you became a refugee.

Also, RPGwatch is dead. News at 11.

https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35092
RPG Watch isn't dead, they've just always been the place you go for news spam - as opposed to discussing games. Like gamebanshee has a pretty dead comments area, but still very high visits because of their databases. People go to them for different things.

Our news page has always been more of a thesis style wall of text - with associated commentary - that's not easy for people just looking for quick updates. So we get a small audience that's more invested.

DramaticPopcorn

Things that will make codex great again:

1. Infinitron gassed;
2. PrimeJunta dropped off the helicopter;
3. All other Obsidian fanboys confined to their own subforum with no escape;
4. All blobber fans Watchwitz'd;
5. Only 2+ y.o. accounts allowed in GD.

Then, we will finally know peace.

Deleted Member 16721

I shill everything if I like it. The problem is I do it for free. Obviously this is really dumb and not recommended. :P

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom