Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gahahaha, let's play Sengoku Rance! (NSFW)

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Hmmm, I have a save from somewhere around the time... and some time on my hands... I have to think this over.

Black

Arcane
Fucker ceased to update even before loli rape!
So many hopes destroyed!

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
Ok, let's try to continue this the half-ass way, there is no way I will write everything because that is what made Hümmelgümpf bail out.

Have in mind this is my 3rd time playing the story mode, which means I have some bonuses. I will explain as we go...
0spring.jpg

I like how this game shows us the current season when starting up the application.

So it's turn #3.
alcg0000.jpg

I managed to blitz "Hara", mainly thanks to the extra Fan (one of the two bonuses which I obtained thanks to the 2nd playthrough).

alcg0001.jpg

Hara is locked up and guarded by this guy...
dokkomo.jpg

...and to tell the truth I'm not too keen on letting him out.

aki.jpg

BTW, I send Aki to the harem.

alcg0003.jpg

So, we have the last fan, time to put it to use.

alcg0004.jpg

So, which satisfaction-bonus should I choose?

(Still need to organize some stuff)

Cenobyte

Prophet
Call for Reinforcements, to get additional fuckable commanders :cool:
Plus, some of them are really good on the battlefield iirc.

Amazing old man is lame.

Erebus

Arcane
I vote for "Rance attack", in the hope that it will turn out to be something dreadful.

Black

Arcane
Reinforcements from Leazas or w/e it's called.
By the way, most of you may not know this, but Sengoku Rance has some deep c&c, way better than any bioware game, and that should say a lot, since they've created the best rpg since Arcanum.
rancecc.jpg

Cenobyte

Prophet
Yeah, but most of the time the tame option is the better one iirc. The golden strategy is to be patient and build up the affection of the girls. Everything else might have dire consequences.

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
Turn #3
Ha, I see most people would choose the same as I would, when picking Reinforcements the wisest thing to do is to pick this early on. There is also the thing that in the first playthrough you get only one Commander from one country, in the later ones you get three from each... more fucking!

A brief version of the conversation that took place.
alcg00231.jpg

alcg00261.jpg

alcg00281.jpg

alcg00301.jpg

alcg00331.jpg

Everything is connected to the events from the previous "Rance" games. The Commanders that will arrive are also characters from those games.

alcg0042.jpg

As you can see, we have two options. Zeth is a county of magic, Leazus is more "conventional". We will go with the second one because I prefer to whack people with cold steal than a thunderbolt.

alcg0043.jpg

:smug: How can you NOT like this guy.

Now we have to wait for them to arrive, how long? I'm really don't know, the only thing I can tell you is that it's not FedEx.
alcg0044.jpg

End of turn #3.

Between the turn.
alcg0045.jpg

Ashikaga whines about us defeating Hara and fears that we "may" have done something to his "ugly" sister Akihime.

alcg0046.jpg

This guy is the Head of the ninja clan, he's smart enough to see Rance as a serious thread, but unfortunately he lacks enough info and sends a FEMALE assassin to kill him... the worst possible mistake you can make.
Between the turn.

Turn #4
We get an event.
alcg0047.jpg

Of course Rance tries to disturb them...

alcg0048.jpg

Eventually getting kicked out of the room by 3G

So first the basic stuff, we replenish our troops.
alcg0049.jpg

Oh yeah, this is the second bonus I took, probably the most useful after the extra fan.
alcg0050.jpg

Best for the most expensive troops.

The first fan will be used for Rape&Pillage™ on the Hara's land that now belong to us, we get 2100 Gold and a "Basic Attack Manual".
alcg0052.jpg

alcg0053.jpg

Thanks to the cash we recruit more warriors for Rance's unit (now 330), the manual also goes to him bringing his attack up to "6".

Second fan goes to recruiting another unit, you probably remember the Miko from earlier.
alcg0051.jpg

The third one goes to finding a dungeon, because I don't really know what to do with it.
alcg0055.jpg

Ashikaga will probably start harassing us in the next turn. The next updates will be less detailed, so have no fear, we will pick up the pace.
End of turn #4.

I'm still torn between who should I attack first, I prefer to take out those fucking furries in the very beginning. If I could start a war with them in the #4 turn I would use the last fan for that.

Last edited:

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
herostratus said:
Don't cut out the juicy dialogs !
Gentleman, I have good news. Although this LP is half-assed, the cheesy "so bad it's good" dialogue is in. The method I will use is not perfect but you will get what you want.

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
---------------------------------------------------
*Between the turn*

alcg0056.jpg

There we go.

(I checked and this event is not strictly scripted, the probability for it to happen is somewhere around 50/50).
alcg0057.jpg

Ashikaga didn't know I was just waiting for this.

So Rance does what he knows best... besides raping women.
alcg0058.jpg

The Envoys head gets send back to where it came from.

alcg0059.jpg

That's what you think you tasteless faggot.

We also get another event, Tokugawa (a.k.a. Raccoon Boss).
alcg0060.jpg

alcg0061.jpg

Believe me, this guy is everything BUT peaceful. Summary of this event: "Foreigner, uhm, go spy on him".

*Between the turn*
Turn #5

Another event, Ahoy!
alcg0062.jpg

alcg0063.jpg

This is how I will be doing the really looooong sex scenes and other "juicy" dialogue, even with this there will be a lot of screens.

So it's the fifth turn.
alcg0064.jpg

Might as well check our objectives. We start the game with the score of 60, each turn is minus 1 point, we can get some additional points by finishing the 6 tasks (10 points each). Thanks to those points I can buy bonuses.

Although this is an LP I'm still going to try to get as much points as possible for my next playthrough (this time it will be the IF route), last time I got 9 plus 5 for finishing the game.

Battle plan folks!
alcg0065.jpg

We have two territories to conquer - to the west we have "Kyo", to the east "Mushashi Oil Fields". Each territory (in this case) has 3 "strongholds". I decided to attack "Kyo", two good Commanders are there, one with a useful skill.

The plan is to Blitz all three strong-points in one round, theoretically it's possible, practically it's quite hard with our current forces. The two first battles didn't give me too much trouble, I just slightly won them by placing a Foot-Unit in front and a Range-Unit in the back in both cases.

Oh yeah, between those two battles we also got an event...
alcg0069.jpg

Bla, bla ,bla help me rebuild my family bla, bla, bla *gets kicked out* - end of story.

Now it's time for the final battle for "Kyo" territory.
alcg0111.jpg

I saved the best units for last, even then, I had to reload again and again and again... until Lady Luck finally granted me victory...

alcg0112.jpg

...about fucking time :smug:

alcg0113.jpg

alcg0114.jpg

alcg0115.jpg

alcg0116.jpg

alcg0117.jpg

alcg0118.jpg

alcg0119.jpg

alcg0120.jpg

alcg0121.jpg

alcg0122.jpg

alcg01231.jpg

After that Ashikaga whines some more, nothing to see here, move along.

End of turn #5

Last edited:

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
KalosKagathos said:
As long as you promise not to cut a single line spoken by Gigai, WW, you have my blessing.
Yes Master, I will do as you say.

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
You mean the "Dual Dick Sucking" Scene? I have it in my CG-Mode, it says Kyo so you may be right... if I won't get it after I conquer MOF I will think about giving it to the Codex as a offering.

laclongquan

Arcane
Break through Kyo then you stalemate the Ashikaga for further easy counterinvasions. Then you strike at the land of musketeers,

Why?

Because Tanegashima got two boss characters with powerful attack. One of them is necessary for complete a girl from 'conventional empire' reinforcement. The other is the second funniest girl in the entire game. Try to grab her before finish off the Iga, or furries's land. Gahahaha.

The funniest girl, alas, is too expensive. You are to gain oil Field, hire three men there, then with bonus you can call Dousan-chan. I dont know about you but I think she's nearly worth the 5 command fans you paid to get her.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom