Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Gabe Newell: Valve is Going To Start Shipping Games Again

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
a336e0cd7774dae70c4e71d445edf6e4.png

Ocelot

Learned
Valve as a videogame creator never fails to disappoint so I'm going to be the pessimist one here and say that all these upcoming games are going to be forgettable mediocre VR titles except for Artifact, which will simply be forgettable.

Perkel

Arcane
They will do it again.
Half Life 3 will be VR ONLY game.

Suck it people, go buy Vive just as you had to install shitty Steam for half life 2.

Egosphere

Arcane
HL3 isn't coming. Laidlaw leaked the story a few months ago anyways. No way would he do that if there was some semblance of hope of a sequel seeing the light of day.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Most of the people that worked at Valve that made good games probably left already. I can't say I'm excited.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Valve as a videogame creator never fails to disappoint so I'm going to be the pessimist one here and say that all these upcoming games are going to be forgettable mediocre VR titles except for Artifact, which will simply be forgettable.
Half-life 1 have cool multi,made a killing gambling when i was a teen,always had money for beer and rakija.

Last edited:

rezaf

Cipher
His smile of optimism - gone
DYQBoxyWkAIzFny.jpg
It was around this point in the video when he said that he has put about 10 000 hours into playing Dota 2.
That explains the facial expression.

I guess it also explains why HL3 (or HL2/Ep3) never shipped.
Random Valve developer: "Gabe, have you had a chance to look at those new HL3 levels we've created? I think they're really cool!"
Gabe: "I'm ... err ... yeah, I'm looking at them right now. I'm ... analyzing them. Yes. In depth. This will take a while longer, though. Don't ask me again, I'll come to you once I'm done, okay? Close the door when you go." *goes back to playing DOTA*

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
So mobas really are the bane of everything in existence. The more you now...
:kingcomrade:

Kitchen Utensil

Or maybe he just said that so all the retards who actually put 10k hours into that shit game feel better about themselves?

If they give me L4D3 at some point that is an improvement over second one then I will consider them bros no matter what else they do.

Irata

Scholar
It seems like they're no longer interested in making anything but multiplayer stuff (with microtransactions). Developers who actually WANT to make games turn out mostly crap. I can't imagine what going through the motions would bring even with all of GabeN's money. To be fair, Bethesda and Gearbox barely go through the motions and somehow get people to buy their stuff. <rimshot>

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Gabe Newell: Valve is Going To Start Shipping Games Again
announces a cancer cardgame with market support for trading/selling cards.
:mrpresident:

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
What they are actually saying: "We need more money because we feel that just peddling our kike drm and selling other people's games isn't enough, so we're going to shit out some more popamole for our fanbase who will unquestioningly praise Gaben"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom