Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fundraising $5000 for a Codex shrine in Wasteland 2

hiver

More money we give, the better the negotiation position for us.

You guys should also mention the approximate amount members gave themselves directly through kickstarter, probably.

Nex

Cipher
just make the pledge DU even if were short now, we will be able to raise it. If not we might miss out

spekkio

Arcane
So, Codex switches from fapping over next "EPIC SLAMDUCK THIS TIME!, 100%" Obsidian game...

To wasting money on game that doesn't even exist? And what if Wasteland 2 turns out to be of Fallout 3 quality?

:decline:

Count me out.

:rpgcodex:

[/skyway]

:troll:

spekkio

Arcane
Menckenstein said:
track record

Warren 'Universal Ammo' Spector said:
d6Dh2.jpg

Gimme yr monez nao. EPIC Mickey 2 will be at least twice as EPIC as the 1st one. Better than System Shock and Desu Ex combined.

MCA
Menckenstein said:
track record

d6Dh2.jpg

Gimme yr monez nao. EPIC Mickey 2 will be at least twice as EPIC as the 1st one. Better than System Shock and Desu Ex combined.

Yeah Warren is one of those guys I wouldn't trust under any circumstance. "DX:IW turned out just the way I wanted, I stand by every design decision".

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Can you give me a source on that?

(Shocking, though. Warren Spector, Peter Moulinex and Richard Garriott- all struck by waves of decline.)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Menckenstein said:
track record

d6Dh2.jpg

Yeah Warren is one of those guys I wouldn't trust under any circumstance. "DX:IW turned out just the way I wanted, I stand by every design decision".

I doubt he'd have participated in this post-mortem if he felt that way:

Although it seems it was all Harvey Smith's fault anyway.

MCA
Well maybe he had sorry of a guilty revelation, I don't know but he pretty much said what I wrote in at least a few instances. I will look for sources later and let you know.

Harpsichord

Arcane
Oh, well I guess it does say MORE than 250. I guess I'll toss in another $10 to cover taxes etc.

Edit: Okay just donated another $15 actually.

Shannow

Waster of Time
just make the pledge DU even if were short now, we will be able to raise it. If not we might miss out
Would you just cool down?
1. All donations to the codex this month go to W2. DU will probably send the batch close to the end of the KS run. (At least that that's left after the booze, blow and hookers.)
2. They've already added slots in the 5k and 10k sections. No need to get all twitchy.
3. The codex is in contact with Fargo. Sounded to me as if things could be negotiated even if all slots were already full.
4. If we breach the 10k it'd be far cooler than only 5k ;)

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Actually I'm holding out, secretly hoping that we do miss out. Then I can take the money and retire in Mexico to a life of luxury.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Actually I'm holding out, secretly hoping that we do miss out. Then I can take the money and retire in Mexico to a life of luxury.

Ah we hit the target, just as planned. :smug:

*tears cheque in half*

Guess I don't have to do it after all.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
RK47

Or else... or else... I'm gonna cry. :(

You should try the carrot instead of the stick.

Carrot being boobs.

EDIT:

1. Lonerville¹
  2. Temaperacl¹
  3. denizsi¹
  4. Haba¹

WHAT THE FUCK denizsi! How did you get out of my cellar! GOD DAMN IT! AND WHERE IS MY CREDIT CARD?!!?!

Also, how much did this mysterious "Lonerville" donate to still be at #1... Presuming that Temaperacl did $500...

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
RK47

C'mon. Throw in a $30 at least if you're such a jerk, RK-kun. Shouldn't be that much for you.

Haba

Re: Lonerville, DU said there was a $600 donation, I believe.

Nex

Cipher
Would you just cool down?
2. They've already added slots in the 5k and 10k sections. No need to get all twitchy.
3. The codex is in contact with Fargo. Sounded to me as if things could be negotiated even if all slots were already full.
Yeah, but when I posted their was 3 left. What if whose 3 got taken and we did not get some sort of exception? Would be pretty fucked up with thousands donated and no codex shrine...
4. If we breach the 10k it'd be far cooler than only 5k ;)
How would it be much cooler if for the extra 5k we got one of us to go to some party? A rather expensive party of which most of us get nothing out of. There is a big difference between raising 5k and 10k. Most of us had donated what we can just to get to the 5k, getting another 5k is not quite so easy not to mention that the 10k rewards were almost sold out too.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I donated, yet I was not included in the latest donator update, nor received patron :(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom