Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fundraising $5000 for a Codex shrine in Wasteland 2

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
As for the text to accompany the statue (or rather the shrine, as per Fargo's reply: "a codex shrine"), I suggest we discuss it in a separate thread after we've collected the moneys. Personally, I don't like the "slayer of popamole" bit; "popamole" is just too much of an in-joke. I'd rather have something akin to what commie suggested earlier ITT: something more neutral, favourable and generally understandable not only to Codexers.
I also like the idea of a contest to distribute the goodies.
True, it should use the same rules as Tim Cain used in Fallout 1, people not noticing it's a joke unless they know the reference. At least I expect something like that, otherwise we will run into weird Minecraft and Gears of War shrines that those guys bought...

Temaperacl

Erudite
I'm a little pessimistic about hitting the $5,000 required. All the big guns have fired their loads. Now things are gonna start trickling in.
What makes you think all the big donations have come in for it already?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Well, obviously because it's hit 25% mark. I wouldn't mind people proving me wrong though, we still have 34 days. Go for it, imo.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Well, if it doesn't reach 5,000$ you can at least feel happy knowing you helped fund a pair of new sneakers for the admins.

Temaperacl

Erudite
Ah. That makes some sense, but I could also see large donations waiting for a little as well, especially if people treat the anything they put towards the Kickstarter directly as reserved. At least I know that is my situation - I'm not going to reduce my kickstarter allocation, but I also treat that money as completely untouchable, so my donation won't be coming in until next week or so when some additional transfers finally get into the spending account. i could see other people waiting for stuff like that or waiting for the next paycheck before tossing any down.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
This is unofficial for now and I assume we'll discuss this with Chris Avellone in more detail before it goes 100% official, but...

...thanks to a Codexer who wishes to remain anonymous we now have MCA offering further incentive for our members to donate towards the Codex shrine in Wasteland 2 -- straight from Facebook:

XpxSM.png

A unique personal troll pic/avatar from MCA! Don't pass up this chance, o wealthier Codexers!

(And now I'm really torn between a signed collector's edition and this...)

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
:love:I was never part of the MCA circlejerk but now I want to marry him.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ah hell, I just threw away another $35 towards our shrine. By the time this month is up I'll probably have my personalized MCA avatar nickle and diming myself towards $250 :love:!

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Jesus, $3,990 already? Good job guys. Unfortunately I can't afford to donate towards the Codex statue myself as I am poor.

Nex

Cipher
oh boy... I have had a few drinks and now I might end up raising my donation to 250$. For this amount i could get the wasteland survival kit or some MCA love, choices choices!

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
Not a single line of Code has been written for Wasteland 2 as of yet, but it already offers better choices and consequences than all of the Mass Effect series together!

Also have a few drinks more, as it obviously helps you make better decisions in life :D

Nex

Cipher
Not a single line of Code has been written for Wasteland 2 as of yet, but it already offers better choices and consequences than all of the Mass Effect series together!

Also have a few drinks more, as it obviously helps you make better decisions in life :D
I am supposed to be saving for when I go back to uni mid year :S

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas

I am supposed to be saving for when I go back to uni mid year :S

I have $100 for the collector’s edition and another $100 here. When I get drunk this weekend I am almost certain to pump that up to $250. I feel the hand of inevitability.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom