Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Fundraising $5000 for a Codex shrine in Wasteland 2

Discussion in 'Participation Awards' started by skuphundaku, Mar 13, 2012.

1. skuphundakugender: ⚧ Economic devastator, Mk. 11 Patron

skuphundaku
    Parrots:
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Click here and disable ads!
    That should always be kept by the acting Codex admin. Now it's DU. When he gives up on dealing with the mad people and starts wandering the Earth to forget, he'll pass the sausage on to his replacement, and so on. The sausage should be the real-life proof that "the Codex wuz there when they started Wasteland 2".

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Ausirgender: ⚧ Arcane

Ausir
    Parrots:
    The RPG Codex should be a band of Rocket Propelled Grenade wielding crazies.

^ Top  
  3. SoupNazigender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

SoupNazi
    Parrots:
    Serpent in the Staglands
    I'm down.

^ Top  
  4. Spectaclegender: ⚧ Arcane

Spectacle
    Parrots:
    • Brofist Brofist x 12
    ^ Top  
  5. Make America Great Again Infinitrongender: ⚧ I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    ^Needs an "Emotional Engagement" monster.

^ Top  
  6. Make America Great Again Azalingender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Azalin
    Parrots:

Oldschool :bro:

^ Top  
  7. Gregzgender: ⚧ Arcane

Gregz
    Parrots:
    Awesome.

^ Top  
  8. Aeschylusgender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Swindler Patron

Aeschylus
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Ah what the hell, I'll kick in another 20 for the statue. It shall be glorious.

^ Top  
  9. PorkaMorkagender: ⚧ Arcane

PorkaMorka
    Parrots:
    It would be nice if we could get a running total on the statute ASAP, so that we can decide which toilet to flush our money down whether to donate to the statue or directly to the kickstarter.

^ Top  
  10. Make America Great Again Infinitrongender: ⚧ I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    We should also have a public list of donors, to ensure nobody's donation is misplaced.

^ Top  
  11. skuphundakugender: ⚧ Economic devastator, Mk. 11 Patron

skuphundaku
    Parrots:
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    From what people have been posting on this thread and on the news thread, there may already be something like $400-$500 donated for the statue. Only DU and Taluntain could say for sure. A progress bar on the front page or at the top of all pages would be awesome though. Both because everybody would know where we stand and because it would make everybody aware of what we're doing.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Make America Great Again ~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸-AIN'Tgender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸-AIN'T
    Parrots:
    Serpent in the Staglands
    Will we be able to recoup our donation if we don't meet the target?

I mean, I'd love to give a big donation to the Codex anyways, but I'm a student with very few jewgolds to throw around :(

^ Top  
  13. skuphundakugender: ⚧ Economic devastator, Mk. 11 Patron

skuphundaku
    Parrots:
    All the donations will go to the W2 Kickstarter. If we can't get enough for the statue tier, we may get enough for a location (or a few locations/NPCs or any combination thereof). If you can't afford donating too much, give just what you can afford. Hell, if I had the money to spend, I would get the statue tier for the Codex myself, but, unfortunately, that's not the case. Don't feel bad about it.

^ Top  
  14. Taluntaingender: ⚧ Most Frabjous

Taluntain
    Parrots:
    $960 gross so far.

^ Top  
  15. Make America Great Again Azalingender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Azalin
    Parrots:
    :bro:

^ Top  
  16. Monolithgender: ⚧ Cipher Patron

Monolith
    Parrots:
    Brian answered:
    "If your group puts 5k together I will find a way to make sure there is a shrine for a codex shrine or something else if you have a clever idea. I'm am quite flexible and I know at the end of the day I really want groups like yourselves to be happy with this game."

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  17. Gregzgender: ⚧ Arcane

Gregz
    Parrots:
    :thumbsup:

^ Top  
  18. Joghurtgender: ⚧ Augur

Joghurt
    Parrots:
    I'm in (man)love...

^ Top  
  19. TripJackgender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Hedonist

TripJack
    Parrots:
    :yeah:

do i do upgrade or the other one does it matter

^ Top  
  20. Make America Great Again Infinitrongender: ⚧ I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    The other one, and don't forget to leave a note saying who you are

^ Top  
  21. TripJackgender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Hedonist

TripJack
    Parrots:
  22. Taluntaingender: ⚧ Most Frabjous

Taluntain
    Parrots:
    It really makes no difference at this point since DU's confiscating all donation moneys for the statue.

^ Top  
  23. Gregzgender: ⚧ Arcane

Gregz
    Parrots:
    1) Some folks in the news thread are still confused about this

2) People would like a running tally (counter)

3) This seems like a pretty good idea:

^ Top  
  24. skuphundakugender: ⚧ Economic devastator, Mk. 11 Patron

skuphundaku
    Parrots:
    I think it was said both by DU and by Bee on both threads, but if you think it helps, maybe saying it again won't hurt. "All the money paid to the Codex PayPal account during the W2 Kickstarter will be used exclusively for that."

That would be, indeed, great. If it is technically possible without having to put too much time/effort into getting it to work, it would be a very welcome addition.

This I don't agree with, though. It feels too much like a dick measuring contest. The whole thing is not about who donates more but about getting together to do something to support the incline/stop the decline of the RPG genre and to leave a mark in there saying that we were there when the decline stopped and we were among those who made it happen.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Gregzgender: ⚧ Arcane

Gregz
    Parrots:
    Yeah I see your side of it, I just thought the 3rd idea might bring out some friendly competition to push us over the hump.

Also, I think there's 30 digital copies given to the 5k pledge? So, it may be just to ensure they get a copy.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)