Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fundraising $5000 for a Codex shrine in Wasteland 2

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
DU, what do you think about staring a fundraising campaign so that we get the $5000 necessary for getting a RPG Codex shrine in Wasteland 2? Some people (including me) have already contributed, but I have no problem with contributing to the Codex shrine project as well. Some may be even more willing to contribute if we were to make this happen.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
FWIW, it seems that you can retract your pledge from the Kickstarter

skuphundaku

Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Some people may still want their boxed[and signed] collector's edition copy, so it wouldn't make sense for everybody to retract their pledge. However, that's not a problem everyone faces and even those that keep their individual pledge can still pledge some money for the Corex shrine.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Even reaching $1,000 would already give us something cool, I approve this idea.

And DU could do something like everyone that donates $10 gets also 3 months of [Patron] ad-free Codex...:roll:

skuphundaku

Patron
Even reaching $1,000 would already give us something cool, I approve this idea.

And DU could do something like everyone that donates $10 gets also 3 months of [Patron] ad-free Codex...:roll:
Yes, you're right. It wouldn't be a statue, but it would still be something worhtwile.

skuphundaku

Patron
The only concern I have would be for the previous reward tiers.

Signed collectibles, swag bag, NPC/Weapon/Location (Obviously, location: Codexia), etc.

All of the digital copies could be distributed among donors, though.

EDIT: Maybe the superfluous items could be auctioned off for Codex donations?

The NPC/Weapon/Location would definitely be codexian in nature.

We could have a lottery for all the rest of the stuff. We could have something like everybody who contributed gets a number of lottery tickets proportional to their contribution. I think that would be the fairest solution.

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
As one of the last bastions of hope for true RPGs and gathering point of fighters against decline from all over the globe for almost a decade now, it is not only our responsiblity - no it's even more: It is our holy duty to errect a Statue in honor of our own monocleness.

Living proof and testimony for all future generations to come that in the greatest hour of need, when the perfect opportunity arose to show the world that the true genre is not quite dead yet, we were there. NOT on the sidelines, but right at the centre of the revolution. Standing ready with wallets in our hands and pledging not only for our sakes, but for the sake of our children. Our loved ones. Our brothers in arms. All of gamekind. Right here and right now fate presented us with the chance to make a difference.

Aye, pledge money and you may loose your life savings. Stay silent now, and you'll live to play Diablo VII. Dying in our beds, many years from now, would we be willing to trade all the days, from this day to that, for one chance - just one chance - to come back here and tell the popamole right in it's ugly face that it may take our lives, but it'll never take... OUR MONOCLES!

Rise my brothers, rise as one and incline the gaming world once again! Restore the RPG genre to the glory of old by showing Publishers, Investors and Developers that there are still many people out there that care.

Brace yourself for incline is coming.

Gregz

Arcane
As one of the last bastions of hope for true RPGs and gathering point of fighters against decline from all over the globe for almost a decade now, it is not only our responsiblity - no it's even more: It is our holy duty to errect a Statue in honor of our own monocleness.

Living proof and testimony for all future generations to come that in the greatest hour of need, when the perfect opportunity arose to show the world that the true genre is not quite dead yet, we were there. NOT on the sidelines, but right at the centre of the revolution. Standing ready with wallets in our hands and pledging not only for our sakes, but for the sake of our children. Our loved ones. Our brothers in arms. All of gamekind. Right here and right now fate presented us with the chance to make a difference.

Aye, pledge money and you may loose your life savings. Stay silent now, and you'll live to play Diablo VII. Dying in our beds, many years from now, would we be willing to trade all the days, from this day to that, for one chance - just one chance - to come back here and tell the popamole right in it's ugly face that it may take our lives, but it'll never take... OUR MONOCLES!

:bro: :mob:

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
"The plaque underneath this monocled statue reads 'King of Codexia, slayer of popamole'. You can't help but think that this statue looks quite a bit like a troll, but sometimes it is hard to tell."

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I thought statue would look more like a troll releasing multi headed dick on a dragon

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
"The plaque underneath this monocled statue reads 'King of Codexia'. You can't help but think that this statue looks quite a bit like a troll, but sometimes it is hard to tell."

Win.

This + Codexia for the NPC/Weapon/Location reward.
It should give a permanent "Rat Diplomacy" perk which forbids any encountered rat from attacking you and when you are in fight with other kind of enemy nearby rats would side with you.

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
I added "slayer of popamole" to the king of Codexia. I think it fits.

Maybe "Slayer of the Popamole" like it was some foul creature destroyed by Codexia.

Icewater

Artisanal Shitposting™
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Just dropped 100 dorra for the Collector's Edition, wouldn't mind donating for a Codex statue.

Konjad

Patron
Would it be possible to bargain with the creators, so that $5000 would made the statue, location of a ruined town of Codexia and free copy of the game and soundtrack for everyone who donated ie. $5, $10 or $15 or something? I guess we could skip all the non-digital stuff.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I met a traveler from an antique land
Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them, and the heart that fed;
And on the pedestal these words appear:
“My name is Red Codex Devil, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!”
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

skuphundaku

Patron
Would it be possible to bargain with the creators, so that $5000 would made the statue, location of a ruined town of Codexia and free copy of the game and soundtrack for everyone who donated ie. $5, $10 or $15 or something? I guess we could skip all the non-digital stuff.
That would be really cool if we would manage to pull it off. And I think that, if we manage to raise that amount of money, they wouldn't say no.

Krash

Arcane
Jim Profit's a bit too obvious for a character. How about Jane Prophet, or maybe Jane Prospect for that sprinkle of Prosper? A batshit chick drawing dadaist art - now that's something I'd like to meet in Wasteland 2.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Codexia should be a ruined temple, with a destroyed statue of the troll, and a bunch of brainwashed kids praying for the arrival of "The MCA".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom