Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The way it is, looks more like a RPG GM tool than an actual game...

Actually, I've seen GM tools that have much, much nicer looking tilesets and tokens than this...
cascade_locks.jpg

miadora_castle.jpg

Wouldn't mind a game looking like this.

Dorateen

Arcane
People should adjust their expectations accordingly.

Okay, 'closes wallet'.

That's fine. I never tell people how to spend their own money. I'm neither defending or criticizing the direction he is taking. But I figured there's probably a fair number of people who have not visited his website frequently. They should be aware, as far as I know and by all indications, that this game is not going to look anything like the first Knights of the Chalice, and with different gameplay as well.

I suppose the attraction will be in a robust ruleset implemented on various modular adventure scenarios. Or something.

Gregz

Arcane
The last two pages make me a sad. Pierre confirmed as one hit wonderbread.

Well D:OS was a refreshing surprise, perhaps others await us soon.

Last edited:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I suppose the attraction will be in a robust ruleset implemented on various modular adventure scenarios. Or something.

I hope for Pierre that it'll actually be good enough to be worth the money, compared to similar offerings like the free IceBlink Toolkit.

Niektory

one of some
Patron

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
But then he'd have to pay the $100 submission fee. Clearly unacceptable.
Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow?

No says the potatos, it belongs to the exchange bank.

No says the gaben, it belongs to the greenlight charity

Sodafish

Arcane
Guy's cheese obviously slipped off his cracker. Anyone sane would jump at the chance of wide advertisement and distribution via GOG even with the charge, especially with all the appetites for TB games freshly whetted via D:OS.

mondblut

Arcane
Exile has looked better than that. At least it had proper figurines, not snout-tokens. Fuck this loser, indeed.

DefJam101

Arcane
The stark contrast in quality between KotC's battle engine (great) and content (batshit retarded) makes a lot more sense now. This guy is a fucking nutcase.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
He argues against making more fucking money and yet limits potential due to lack if resources. Idiot savant like Cleveland. Sharp in some ways and completely fucking hopeless in most ways that matter.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I never understood the issue with the perspective, I thought it was perfectly fine tbh.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom