Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

full game download?

Anonymous

I was wondering if an alternate method of purchase is or will be available - the ability to download the full version after purchase, rather than waiting for the mail. This would avoid any problems with extra shipping fees, waiting for it to arrive, or other possible shipping hassles. Not a big deal, but just a thought.

Anonymous

Currently, there isn't - delivery by mail is the only way so far. That usually takes 1 to 2 days within Europe, 2 to 4 days to the U.S. or Canada, and 3 to 5 days to Australia). But I'll think about offering a downloadable Full Version - thanks for your feedback!
Wolf Mittag (once again, haven't logged in...)

Anonymous

... Yeah sounds good... Im actually new and I absoultely love this game!! IT ROX! OMFG U OWN! Yeah, its just sooo unique I hope your gonna expand it and make it online and some better 32 bit graphics and such. Because, the only thing in my way of buying this is the graphics, and some little flaws (like why when you kill some guy not in the tribe, the whole other tribe just goes skitz and beats you like a snake?) lol but yeah... Man 26 $ is alot of money... For this... Compared to some other games the graphics are poor. (I like its unique "Eye wondering" and nearly everyone has a defferent face, ha) yeah... MAN! Can you expand the game a bit more cus that would make me buy it along wit more ppl!

Wolf Mittag

Wolf Mittag Software Development
Developer
Hi, thank you. I'm glad you like the game so far. But also thanks for your feedback and criticism.

Regarding the graphics, well, yes, it is a low budget production. There's probably not much I can do there - except to replace them with a totally new, up to date and professionally done set of graphics. But since this is a large quantity of graphics (about 3,000 objects and 2,000 different ground tiles, and more than 70 sets of NPCs and equipment (each consisting of 64 animation phases), plus inventory, paperdoll, user interface and so on), that'd cost an awful lot of money, much more than I could likely recoup via full version sales, i.e., it'd probably increase my losses by a significant amount.

Flaws: What you describe may have been intended that way. Since this is meant to be a historical, realistic RPG (not Fantasy), killing people does have consequences. (Though there should still be a fair amount of combat, against robbers, or in duels with henchmen etc, or later (in the full version), against Ottokar and his henchmen, and some Roman squads.)

Full Version price: That has come down a bit: It's now $17.50 (plus $2 shipping, = total $19.50) (you're probably playing an old Demo Version, with the old pricing info).
That still isn't cheap; but that's partly due to the exchange rate: In Euro, the price is EUR 14.95 + 1.60 = total EUR 16.55. Over the past couple of years, one dollar always used to buy about EUR 1.00 to EUR 1.10 - i.e., under normal circumstances, the total price in dollars would be less than $15. But over the last one or two years, the dollar has lost more than 30% of its value against the Euro - therefore the current $ price is 25% higher than it would usually be.

Finding the right price is quite a balancing act anyway. You see, the problem is, pretty few people are willing to pay money for shareware games, regardless of whether they cost $9.95, or $24.95. In the experience of most authors, the number of people buying full versions does not go up when prices are lower: It seems as if those few people who are willing to pay are willing to do so even if the price is comparativly high, while most of those who won't pay won't do so even if the price is drastically lower (which is their good right, of course). Since developing a game does cost a lot of time and money, and since, regardless of the price, comparatively few people will buy a full version, I've got to ask a comparatively high price - not in order to make huge profits, but simply to recoup at least part of my development costs. (And while I can understand everyone who's unwilling to pay $17.50 plus $2 shipping for the Full Version CD, I am sincerely grateful to all who are willing...)

Anonymous

... Wow well said there, haha such good words and it all makes sense! :)
I probably will buy the game anyway, so dont worry about that but yeah thats ALOT of graphics to fix up to modern standards, Id think alot of time would go into that... I make photoshop graphics and Im a try-hard (heh) game developer using such programs as "RPG Maker 2003" and things. Allthough that program is soo easy to use and stuff I dont know if you could make a game quite like Teudogar and the Alliance with Rome. But then again when you see what some of these people which have allready made games from the program, using tiles and graphic rips from other GBA, SNES, NINTENDO, PSX and PC consols they dont really have to goto that much effort... I suppose. (I can't believe they sell them for $20 too!) Well keep it up this site is bookmarked, do you have some sort of logo kinda name you call your developements? (ie. Microsoft) Because Ive seen you plan to make more games... Good luck anyway =D

Wolf Mittag

Wolf Mittag Software Development
Developer
Thanks! With regard to the graphics, I'll probably have to stick with the basic stock I've got, but I'll try to gradually improve it. First of all, in DARGHUL (a fantasy RPG I'm currently working on), I've increased the screen resolution to 800x600 (Screenshot): That already makes everything look a bit less rough-edged (no more single pixels discernable). And second, I'll have some of the worst stuff replaced or worked over bit by bit. That still won't make it up to date, but it may make the whole thing look at least somewhat less ugly.
Logo name: Due to German law, it is (and has got to be) "Wolf Mittag Software Development", www.wmittag.de (incorporating an Ltd is a pretty costly process in Germany, therefore I'm not a company but an individual developer assisted by independent contractors)...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom