Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ICY: Frostbite Edition

Kem0sabe

Arcane
So I guess we're going to change the name again and make a new logo.

But at least no one said that the game looks like shit, I'll take that as a good sign.

I would recommend against rushing into a new name without thinking it through. There's more than enough time to come up with a final name, just look at PoE.

Writers, design and marketing should go hand in hand in this kind of thing, as the name should be evocative of the general story and theme of the game and have a distinctive marketability.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
If nobody here says your game is shit, then you've either created the greatest masterpiece of all time or the greatest shitpiece of all time. :)

You could be super artsy and call it "Pre".

hiver

So I guess we're going to change the name again and make a new logo.
But at least no one said that the game looks like shit, I'll take that as a good sign.

I would recommend against rushing into a new name without thinking it through. There's more than enough time to come up with a final name, just look at PoE.
Writers, design and marketing should go hand in hand in this kind of thing, as the name should be evocative of the general story and theme of the game and have a distinctive marketability.

I would agree with this.

"Frozen world" is good and easy, although at first it can create the idea that the game is about Ice ages in the past, especially with all the current global warming hype.
But it can be easily fixed in more detailed presentations.
Maybe throwing in apocalypse or other expressions that mean the same would work too. Keep the working title for now and maybe something will pop up later on.

A setting related question:
If the conditions are as you described them, and there is only one million people left in the world... how can anyone find anyone else?
And if the conditions are so cruel... how come all those bandits exist? What do they do when they are not banditing around? How do they live and... what do they eat?

I think you need to adjust the setting to make all that more believable or plausible.

sedentary people
You need to slightly change this expression so it seems more like an expression that got distorted by the new conditions and apocalypse. Too often we get PA games in which a lot of stuff still looks as if its just ordinary modern stuff in a fantastical background.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gondolin

Arcane

Well... on the nitpicking side the character portraits sport suspiciously well-trimmed beards and clean skins. I expected something shaggier and possibly grimier. Granted, dust is not a problem in this setting, but there still should be plenty of chances to get dirty handling objects.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
It's obvious that only one of these names is the best: Frozen Age, Age of Frozen or Broken Frozen :)

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Well Frozen World would get you an instant audience of about 10 000 000 000 little girls.

Just expect plenty of angry comments when they discover you can't build snowmn, get saved by a handsome prince, or sing annoying songs with birds on your shoulders.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Ice Cold would be a good* name if not for Vanilla Ice, but maybe people don't remember that anymore.

I almost wrote cool here, kill me.

AngryKobold

Arcane
The second game featuring frozen hell after Silmarlis Transarctica in 1991. What a unpopular theme! Oddly, Homo sapiens seem truly afraid of it. Unexpected behavior from descendants of warm- blooded carrion eaters. At the same time, australian desert has been established in pop culture as the most likely outcome of nuclear war. The irony.

Last edited:

BGMD

Learned

for some inspiration :troll:

If it needs to be one word, how about Glacial?

A glacial period (or alternatively glacial or glaciation) is an interval of time (thousands of years) within an ice age that is marked by colder temperatures and glacier advances.

hiver

Ice Cold would be a good* name if not for Vanilla Ice, but maybe people don't remember that anymore.
:negative:

Well... on the nitpicking side the character portraits sport suspiciously well-trimmed beards and clean skins. I expected something shaggier and possibly grimier. Granted, dust is not a problem in this setting, but there still should be plenty of chances to get dirty handling objects.
If i hate anything then its the "people will be completely dirty in PA!!"

It makes no fing sense at all. Its as if youre saying "people will be completely stupid in PA and commit mass suicide by not washing ever again!!"

In a new ice age there will be plenty of water around.

Glacial... what?

Anyone can open Thesaurus and see all the different words for ice or freezing, but the name of the game should communicate what kind of a setting it is and whats the theme and or atmosphere.

No need for the name to be just one word. Or extremely simple. Thats what all the kids on the block are doing. And nobody gets to be unique by copying others.

GlutenBurger

Cipher
I'd go with either Frozen Iciness: The Chilling or Eternal Frost of the Unwarmed Mind.

Mildly interested in what's shown so far.

Gondolin

Arcane
If i hate anything then its the "people will be completely dirty in PA!!"

It makes no fing sense at all. Its as if youre saying "people will be completely stupid in PA and commit mass suicide by not washing ever again!!"

In a new ice age there will be plenty of water around.

Plenty of very cold water. Most of it in the shape of snow and ice.

hiver

Yes. You can wash your hands and face with snow. Even if you cnat melt it for some reason, by making an ordinary fire in some shelter or an iglo.
Which is what all northerly people do since they existed.

Into the Ice
Seems like some polar expedition.

Mustawd

Anyone can open Thesaurus and see all the different words

Interesting words associated with "Frozen":

Tundra
Arctic
Frigid
Glacial
Winter
Fall (i.e snow fall, winter fall, etc.)
Dark
Frost
Ice
Snow
Hail
Sleet

Interesting words associated with "Survival"

Expanse
Badlands
Frontier
Wilderness
Barren
Exile
Edge
Limit
Zone (e.g. forbidden zone, dead zone, frozen zone, etc.)
Primal
Instinct
Primordial
Fugitive(s)

Interesting words associated with "Apocalyptic"

End times
Annihilation
Devastation
Extinction
Final
Last
Terminal
Elimination
Destruction
Wrath
Aftermath
Fatal
Collapse

Interesting words associated with "Nomad"

Vagrant
Drifter
Wanderer
Pilgrim
Roamer
Journey
Voyager/Voyage
Scout
Forage(r)
Explorer
Ravage
Outcast
Plunderer
Outpost
Vanguard

Other random interesting words:

Shift
Left
Drift
Beyond (e.g. Beyond the Arctic Edge)
Point
Last
Armies
Broken
Panic
Trigger

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom