Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum French and German versions of Arcanum

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Looking for the original GE/FR versions. These are official translations and even have completely new voice overs. Unfortunately, they seem to be p hard to find nowadays, digital versions (as in GOG/Steam) of the game are English only, and the Seven Seas don't have anything to offer either.

I'd like these for preservation purposes and for possible integration in the UAP. PM me if you have them. At the very least we can make patches for GOG/Steam.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Ich hab die deutsche Version, versteht sich doch von selbst. Ich guck nach wenn ich heim komm.

Unfortunately it's probably against the law to just illegally give you a criminal copy of my CD, so I can only do it if TimCain says yes.
Alternatively you can buy it at Amazon, just google "amazon Arcanum: Von Dampfmaschinen und Magie".

nur 18€ fast für umme alter

Dayyālu

Arcane
There is also an unofficial Italian translation (done by some madmen who translated also Torment and Morrowind) but being unofficial I doubt it's relevant to your interests.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
VentilatorOfDoom,
Eh, I've already bought the game twice, not really keen on spending more cash to import the FR/GE versions just to make some patches for the languages I don't even speak.

I was just thinking about syncing the UAP changes to those versions and also making vanilla 1.0.7.4 FR/GE language packs for Steam/GOG versions.

You could just not be a faggot and PM me the disk images. I only need the original .dat files anyway. Probably.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Is it doable with Polish patch (text translation only)? It worked with English version 1.0.6.4, but when installed on your patch there were some issues.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
BobArdKor, care to PM me the link? I'm looking for the retail disk images.

Is it doable with Polish patch (text translation only)? It worked with English version 1.0.6.4, but when installed on your patch there were some issues.
See, Arcanum was made during the dark times of game dev, so it's not very modular, at least on the end user's side. On my side I can write a shit ton of scripts that compile different things and are compatible with each other, but in the final public product -- no.

The biggest issue is Arcanum is mixing text strings with script commands in dialog files. Basically you fix a small stat check in a dialog, you have to ship the whole dialog file, with text strings and everything. So as for the French, German, Polish etc versions of the UAP I'll first have to do a compare between the UAP and vanilla 1.0.7.4 dialog files, and then apply the same changes to the localized files, add any extra strings if necessary.

Also thanks, I'm actually collecting all kinds of localizations. I even have a Mandarin version made for a slightly older version of the UAP. That one is lit af, such a quality translation and adds a p clever wrapper to display Chinese fonts.

Trymon

Educated
I have a french version on CD, just tell me what do to do with it.

ceemte

Barely Literate
Hello, I just stumbled upon this thread trying to find a French version of Arcanum. FR patch from tranductionjeux is not really helpful as it translates only part of text content. I struggle to learn French and I loved Acanum years ago, so I thought it would give me a kick to learn faster. But no luck so far in getting this game. Anyone would be so kind to help me?

Dreed

Bremsstrahlunged
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hello, I just stumbled upon this thread trying to find a French version of Arcanum. FR patch from tranductionjeux is not really helpful as it translates only part of text content. I struggle to learn French and I loved Acanum years ago, so I thought it would give me a kick to learn faster. But no luck so far in getting this game. Anyone would be so kind to help me?

The files from the first post of this thread http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...cks-for-steam-gog-versions-of-arcanum.115691/ should help you!

ceemte

Barely Literate
Hats off for so quick response. And I appreciate such a positive attitude towards just-registered newbies. Big thanks! Those patches should do the job.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom