Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Fractured: Real successor to Ultima Online?

Andhaira

Arcane
2435ac4c77a5875bd3d10e02ac1e655b_original.gif

I mean, you can play as a demon.

"Complete freedom"

8be3bbb0eb3a97eb185a7bb22237daa6_original.gif

Destructible environments.

Spells interact with environments (like in D:OS)

98379b211d883924e430b81ef7ef1e55_original.gif

Devs tell fans they won't betray their trust!

You can play as a Demon

Monthly subscription model!

Made in Unity!

Cut trees, craft shit and trade. Nearly every item player made. Make shit for cheap, travel to faraway land and sell your shit at 100X the price. If you get there alive.

6620610c71bb888c4099f07d7cd57ad5_original.gif

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dymstudios/fractured-the-dynamic-mmo/description

Infinitron This should be front fucking page. Finally the MMO that will KILL WoW.

Master Planetar aweigh Lyric Suite Crispy

Andhaira

Arcane
Before we begin, let’s clear something up. As you may know already from our homepage, progression on Fractured is neither level-based nor skill-based, and strongly rejects grinding in any form. Quite often, this has gotten our community members worried: how can there be a sense of progression and long-term achievements to look for? Well, it can! The core ideas of the Knowledge System are simple yet revolutionary:

• The core strengths and weaknesses of your character are set when you create it by choosing its attributes, and don’t change during the course of gameplay: you’re effective and can join complex PvE and PvP scenarios from Day 1.
  • Your character rarely becomes stronger over time. Instead, it gets more knowledgeable. This happens is many ways, but one above all: the array of abilities at its disposal becomes larger and larger. This, coupled with the Resting system, allows you to design a ton of situational builds to engage in different scenarios more effectively.
  • Whenever there’s something that makes your character stronger, that’s just for fine-tuning purposes, so that there is never a huge power gap between newcomers and experienced players.
https://fracturedmmo.com/feature-spotlight-3-knowledge-system/

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
What's that about there not being an XP system and you can do everything right off the bat?

Looks just like another shit, frankly. They say some "right words", but the demo, the team, the choice of tech look like crap at the moment. It's more like they call it themselves, a moba/mmo.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Game Update:

Here's what I've learned so far from playing the game.

The weapon skill progression system is based on a bestiary. Ie.. if you kill 20 Bears, you might learn an ability called bear strike. If you kill 20 wizards, you might learn fireball or such.

The crafting system is also similar. If you craft 20 cloth armors, then you can make cloth armor +1. If you make 20 cloth armors +1, then you can make cloth armor +2, etc. Armor does break, and I'm not sure what the mechanics are for it because I haven't had any break yet, but I've seen others have armor break.

Supposedly this is pvp lite. Ie.. the victor can't loot the corpse of the loser. I haven't tried pvp yet so I can't verify, but thats what people seem to be saying.

It will take about 3 hours of carting stone and wood back and forth to build the smallest house and a few crafting benches. Making a cart or two is definitely a first priority if you decide to build a house. When you chop down a tree you get logs, and you can only carry one log at a time, but a cart can carry 12. Carts will decay if you don't park them in your land plot when finished with them. Stone is a similar situation, but you only get one stone block from each node. You need a lot of stone and wood, so you will be carting it back and forth, which means, put your plot in a strategic location where you can get access to all types of materials. Copper, Iron, Stone, Wood, and most importantly Gold. It takes 2000 gold a week for upkeep of a land plot. A well geared person can make 2000 gold in about 20 minutes from what I've heard. It might take me an hour to make 2000 gold right now for context.

When you die, you will respawn in the same location if you wait for 30 seconds, or if the location is not safe enough, you can suicide back to a starting point. I haven't tried the suicide option yet, but I should try it out soon I suppose.

The talent skill system is like PoE. Ie, a branching circular tree where you unlock abilities in a sequence to unlock the next.

There is no private messaging / DM system in the game and you have no ability to turn off global chat (which can be annoying at times).

I think that's the basics for now. Still haven't made up my mind whether to recommend it yet or not, but I'll hit some more difficult POI's and dungeons in the next month's time frame to give you my final recommendation.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom