Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Found this interesting video.

Doktor Best

Arcane
He forgot levelscaling. I also disliked it for his apologetic "its still graet gaem though" in the beginning of the video. If you can name 16 reasons why a game sucked on the fly (and even leave out some of the major points of criticism) then its not a great game, its a shit game.

dAb.

Literate
Most of the points make me think he didn't actually play the game. Dragons resurrected by a cult? Lolwut?

Severian Silk

No game should need more than one or two characters to represent an entire faction. Everything beyond that is superfluous.

dAb.

Literate
Most of the points make me think he didn't actually play the game. Dragons resurrected by a cult? Lolwut?
The dragon cult. The dragon priests were the only representation of them in-game.

If I'm hearing him right [non-native english speaker here] he mentions dragons being resurrected by a cult. They are not, they are resurrected by Alduin.

M0RBUS

Augur
I found this video about Fallout 3 and it's the best shit I've seen!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLJ1gyIzg78
It's like the OP's video, except way better and about a much shittier game as well (although most of the video is spend praising how phenomenal Fallout 1 and 2 are).
The bit about the brotherhood in particular is awesome beyond words.

M0RBUS

Augur
10. Ha! Fallout has proper level design and there are toilets everywhere. Also you don't heal a gunshot wound when you eat a potato (fuck you Fallout 2!)
9. Ha! Fallout has more intelligent guards than Skyrim!
8. Ha! Kids in Fallout recognize when you wear decent armor!
7. Ha! In Fallout, Vault 15 is destroyed!
6. Ha! In Fallout you can't find lit torches underwater!
5. Ha! Fallout has no boundaries (fuck you Fallout 2!)
4. Ha! Fallout has ammo that weights you down!
3. Ha! In Fallout, you don't find any food lying around (fuck you Fallout 2!)
2. Ha! In Fallout, sneaking doesn't give you any damage bonus!
1. Ha! In Fallout, you don't wanna go around showing you're from Vault 13!

Haaaaa.....

Red Rogue

Learned
He forgot levelscaling. I also disliked it for his apologetic "its still graet gaem though" in the beginning of the video. If you can name 16 reasons why a game sucked on the fly (and even leave out some of the major points of criticism) then its not a great game, its a shit game.

Failed attempt to avoid rabid fanboys and crazy amounts of dislikes I suppose. Still interesting to see on YouTube, most channels and users circle jerk that game as if it's one of the pinnacle experiences video games has to offer.

ortucis

Prophet

I played the game but even I don't remember WTF was going on. It was beyond stupid.

Same problem with Oblivion. I only remember Kavatch or some place like that, because it was the only mission with unique level and setting in the whole game (it was blue and it was raining).

To be honest, I uninstalled Skyrim after getting on some dragon and encountering another stupid dungeon with shit puzzles.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom