Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Forged of Blood - turn-based tactical fantasy RPG

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Forged of Blood Kickstarter goes live, March 6, 2017

oDb37.gif

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
I am a little unclear to what is needed for a Codex campaign as project creator, but certainly, if there is anything we can do to support this wonderful community, we should discuss more.

AFAIK Codex campaigns only happen if the KS is at 100% or at least very close, otherwise it would be too much hassle. Also, there needs to be enough community interest. I reckon Infinitron is the guy you want to speak to once your KS is about to succeed, even though its DU who ultimately calls the shots.

joesys

Critical Forge
Patron
Developer
AFAIK Codex campaigns only happen if the KS is at 100% or at least very close, otherwise it would be too much hassle. Also, there needs to be enough community interest. I reckon Infinitron is the guy you want to speak to once your KS is about to succeed, even though its DU who ultimately calls the shots.

That actually makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the information. I think for the moment, we will concentrate on making our KS successful first before contacting Infinitron or DU

Thanks,
-Joe

CritiestBunny

Critical Forge
Developer
it's not live yet? i thought it would be on in worktime in WIB
Should be live in a couple hours - we're setting a couple other things to go with it as well (Greenlight, Thunderclap, and a bunch of videos on the YouTubes).

Hehe, we can't wait!

CritiestBunny

Critical Forge
Developer
OK ok this is happening, for real. Aaaaargh!

Kickstarter Live Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/criticalforge/forged-of-blood

Greenlight Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=877620687'

Imgur Link: http://imgur.com/gallery/MwkSG

I cannot fully express in my limited vocabulary just what this moment feels like at the studio... thank you guys for your support here and please please help us get the word out. It's in a intense few weeks, I'm pretty sure I bit someone... But this was all worth it to see it all come together. I hope we don't disappoint you guys!

Press Release Copied and Pasted Below
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

News from Critical Forge

March 6, 2017

Contact: Igor Tanzil, +62 815 815 1940, igor@criticalforge.com

Forged of Blood Kickstarter now live

JAKARTA, INDONESIA, March 6, 2017 - The Critical Forge team is proud to announce that their Kickstarter campaign now live as of Monday, March 6, 2017.

NTy16oIWopyV-sWXKF8yvbcDr1IR-TA_6hRFXPA-Hd415UdR8JMlF_ATgPFOmVgKCKl0rfx8ph0kA7SlxlRE8SSjKljAEFgcqlWVuJE7M0ba_1DnjVkk_wbRuwmVVJGT4kWjV1Lh

The following link will take visitors to the Kickstarter page where the team will looking for the support of gamers around the world to make this truly ambitious undertaking a reality.

Laden with information and details regarding the multiple complex systems in place for the game, the Critical Forge team is hoping to allay fears and doubt from would-be backers regarding the team’s experience by show casing as much of their work as possible.

From brand new gameplay content to the first look at the cinematic cutscne style of the game, Forged of Blood is currently developed by a very capable and passionate team. Additionally, backers will find comfort in the current investments already made and committed by the studio founders to see the project through.

Seeing Kickstarter as a way to bolster the team’s resources and alleviate the many strains on the small studio, Forged of Blood heads into Kickstarter as a means to enhance a game that has the full support and commitment of the founders. The team working on Forged of Blood will be looking to raise S$150,000 (Singapore Dollars) in this campaign, and take it all the way through production.

Running concurrently to the game’s crowdfunding efforts will be their entry into the Steam Greenlight process. The team would like to tell backers and anyone who is interested that there are many ways to help the campaign.

Important Links:

Link to Kickstarter Page:

http://forgedofblood.com/kickstarter

Link to Steam Greenlight:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=877620687

Link to Kickstarter Video (YouTube):

https://youtu.be/1V6xe5ru4M8

Link to Gameplay Video (YouTube):

https://youtu.be/sFRJsamcZj4

Link to Game Cinematic (YouTube):

https://youtu.be/FyE6PLATloE

Link to General Press Kit:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_XwmHBoVxnFd2FMa3lhM09wUEE

To receive access to the Press/PAX Preview build, please reach out to contact@criticalforge.com directly.

5sStog3X3fe7avtwXz4Oond5ZQZwTu_bMy1z5h-PsxMg5dZw4Zyx0I-vCMHvxYQbcbsedyfMaggCT2PXmoJHURMwg3yfxzjJQNnV3bW20QpdGGy4a3ruBvttJQe9CYB-Y3Fe93OK

Forged of Blood Game Details:

A Fantasy Turn-based Tactical RPG, Forged of Blood places the fate of an entire world on your every decision. Dive into the action and engage in challenging tactical combat as you find your place in a morally grey fantasy world and decide whether the ends will ultimately justify your actions.

From an impressive array of character building options to one of the most expansive true spellcrafting systems ever made for video games, Forged of Blood will begin an exciting new chapter in the Fantasy Tactical RPG genre.

Key Features:

• Tactical Fantasy: Take to the field with sword and shield or cast powerful spells in deep turn-based tactical combat against monsters and men.

• Classless Warfare: With 9 unique weapons and a vast magic system, Forged of Blood lets you build your characters the way you want - without being constrained by the typical tank/DPS/healer roles.

• Science in Magic: Explore the freedom and mysteries of one of the most complex and unique magic systems ever attempted in video games. With 60 Effects, 18 Effect Modifiers, and 18 Global Modifiers to choose from, the possibilities for spell crafting are vast.

• Kingdom at War: Command up to three parties of heroic characters on the strategic layer in your fight to reclaim the empire you lost.

• Meaningful Choice: Your choices matter. From character building to your choices in the game narrative, your decisions will reverberate across the Strategic and Tactical layers of the game.

• Your ends; your means: In a world of grays and unique perspectives, it is up to you to decide what is “right” and “wrong” for the future of Attiras. Forged of Blood will introduce a new Tri-Axis Personality Plot (TAPP) system in lieu of the traditional Good vs. Evil scale common in most RPG settings.

Current Schedule:

• Pre-production: February 2016 – July 2016

• Production: July 2016 – October 2017

• Additional Funding Round: March 2017

• Final-production: October 2017 – Mid 2018

Game related links:
Forged of Blood Website: http://forgedofblood.com/

Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fobthegame

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ForgedOfBlood

About Critical Forge:

Critical Forge is a young studio with an old soul, looking to make the games we grew up playing. We are a small independent team based out of Jakarta, Indonesia, currently in production of a fantasy tactical RPG: Forged of Blood.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
You guys asking for a lot of money in these times of ever lower kickstarter returns but you sure have a lot to show for. Magic system looks intriguing, indeed. 'Personality index' and 'personality plot, too. Looking forward to hear more about those in the updates. Good luck! :salute:

PS: Your music is bredy gud also!

ArchAngel

Arcane
I noticed I left a random negative comment 2 pages down, I don't even remember why.. might be I was posting about another game in a wrong topic :D

Anyways, this game and KS look nice. It helps that 1 US$ is 1.4 singapour $ so I will probably join this KS :)
Game seems to be some mix of Battle Brothers and Expeditions games but looks graphically better than BB.

I hope some of that KS monies for voice acting can go into spellcasting sounds as well. Also that Fireball looks more like Fire rain. I hope you understand that CritiestBunny

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
Backed as a loyalist, I would have like to help much, but times are hard :(

Drowed

Arcane
The game looks reallly, really good, but with the underwhelming reception of the current kickstarters... I guess it may hurt your project. And that's sad.

I will try to pledge with my next salary, but I don't know if I'll have the money then - $15 is kinda doable after converting from USD, but $25 or more is way too much for me. 3rd world and all that. But good luck!

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
backed.

it's only the loyalist pledge but plan to spend alot this month, so next month if there aren't much stuff that i need or want, i will up the pledge

kris

Arcane
The map kind of look like these guys know what they are doing as far as world building go. As a Mapophile it certainly look better than the average one with both imagination and feasibility. Although I only seen a small version of it.

Milo

Critical Forge
Developer
backed.

it's only the loyalist pledge but plan to spend alot this month, so next month if there aren't much stuff that i need or want, i will up the pledge

Thank you! Anything and everything is appreciated. We hope you will enjoy playing the game as much as we have!

Milo

Critical Forge
Developer
I noticed I left a random negative comment 2 pages down, I don't even remember why.. might be I was posting about another game in a wrong topic :D

Anyways, this game and KS look nice. It helps that 1 US$ is 1.4 singapour $ so I will probably join this KS :)
Game seems to be some mix of Battle Brothers and Expeditions games but looks graphically better than BB.

I hope some of that KS monies for voice acting can go into spellcasting sounds as well. Also that Fireball looks more like Fire rain. I hope you understand that CritiestBunny

You were likely more sceptical early on and that is understandable. I hope with the progress we have shown over the last few months, your doubts have been allayed a bit.

One of the goals for the kickstarter is to help us expand our ability to express our magic and yes, sfx is definitely one area we want to focus on. As for the fireball, well, that label is mine so I guess I should be blamed for it. The reality is that our spells don't have names in that each spell is individually crafted and can be named by the crafted. When I made that spell for the PAX Demo, I lazily called it fireball. I could take fire rain into consideration though :)

Thanks for your support as well! If you have any questions about the mechanics of the game, please don't hesitate to ask!

CritiestBunny

Critical Forge
Developer

Haha yea, "Fireball" was just an internal term to describe it for the mechanics, but the way we designed the spell creation basically makes it fire rain over an area of effect :P

The Kickstarter is off to an awesome start, and we want to thank all of you here! Please keep sharing and pushing this out there.

clemens

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2014 Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
The game seems like it might be fine and it looks like this S$ stuff is cheap, I'll throw you some monies.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I'm so happy someone thought of making an RPG that appeals to my "modern sensibilities".

Sounds interesting, though.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I pledged, the game looks really good for my taste. I'm a bit pessimistic about reaching the goal though...but I wish you the best in any case

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yes, support worthy :)

Pledged, of course.
But 150k for a first timer project is not possible any more on KS outside of mainstream genres, IMO.
Many struggle hitting 50k.

Milo

Critical Forge
Developer
Thank you both for your support!

Well, we recognise that with the decline interest in kickstarter game projects because of past projects not delivering on what they promised, it will be more difficult for us to meet our target. However, we have gone over the numbers and believe that is what we need to do what we are promising to do with the additional funds. We are not looking for resources to complete the project as we have already put that up ourselves, but we are looking to add some of the features that we had to cut due to limited resources. We will have a fun game either way but more FX and sfx for the magic, voice acting, depth to the narrative branches, etc., we can make the game better. If we were to ask for less, we wouldn't have the resources to do what we are promising to do and that, to us, would be worse than not getting funds from kickstarter. We take our commitment seriously and look to under promise and over deliver and that is why we have the target we have.

Milo

Critical Forge
Developer
On a side note, RPG Codex was the first site to take an interest in our project and has showed support for us for about half a year now. I am not the most eloquent so I'll just say that we truly appreciate it.

If anyone is going to PAX East, please stop by our booth and try out the game. I've spent at least 80 hours testing the progressing build over the last few weeks and it's already quite fun to play.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom