Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Forbidden Unit, a turn-based dystopian cyberpunk RPG, now on Kickstarter

Tom_ChainlessGames

Chainless Games
Developer
Thanks, Freddie and DeepOcean for your tips... We are trying hard. You're right about that marketing stuff. We will try to improve that.
Apart from other things, we are currently trying to contact bigger and also smaller developers and ask them if they can spread the word about us...

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Maybe HBS and/or Whalenought might be forthcoming since they share your target audience with their cyberpunk games. Sadly, HBS has not been too forthcoming with shoutouts (e.g. didn't do one about Copper Dreams).

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Btw guys, is there a chance that any of you have some contacts, or a friend, working for some gaming sites?

We tried to contact over 40 sites, as result, we achieved 1 article about the game...

It seems like using public contacts doesn't work much.

Or if you have a tip, for any other forum (we already are active on RPGwatch as well) or site we could try. It would help a lot.

Note that I am roughly in the same boat, but it seems you slacked off even more than me on this PR thingy:

Don't forget to spam niche titles like wargamer.com or indieRPGs.com.

Have you written to Czech gaming news sites and posted on Czech forums? It is usually easier to reach people from your country, and it would help building PR momentum.

Regarding the lack of overall coverage, it is pretty hard to get any nowadays, sadly, but launching KS on August makes it even worse:
Game journalists are either at Gamescom or in vacation.

Regarding forums, it is tough. There are no "centralized" turn based strategy game forum (aka, nothing like RPGCodex for strategy games). Quarter to Three might be a good place, but I don't visit much. Reddit and steam forums for other games might be good places to start, but it is a bit risky, as posting about your own game there can be considered bad manner if you don't do it gracefully.

You should contact some youtuber if the build is playable enough, but they too might need to be spammed (I don't have a list of youtubers to spam).
Don't just aim for the stars. It is usually easier to get streamers that specialize in a small niche to broadcast something about you.

I think your game site also lacks a blog and a newsletter (ok, I don't use these enough myself, but I know I should!).

Last edited:

Tom_ChainlessGames

Chainless Games
Developer
Hey, thanks for tips...

I'll try those sites.

Today we have done another round of sending press releases... We have some responses and hopefully, there should be some new articles about the game soon.

Youtubers are not the choice for now, even that the idea is good, current version still needs some polishing and more content, before it can be sent somewhere...

Also, I agree with things about with our site... Unfortunately currently, despite the fact KS looks nearly dead for now, I don't know what to do first. :)

Btw nice game, this Zodiac Legion (thumbs up)

Tom_ChainlessGames

Chainless Games
Developer
We have received the response from Whalenought Studios and they will mention us on twitter possibly this week. They are really very friendly and awesome people.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom