Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

For Honor

EnthalpyFlow

Scholar
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
DEUS VULT.

I completely missed this game, just noticed it yesterday. Hope I can introduce some good old christian steel into those heathen's skulls.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
Lawbreaker seems like hot garbage for the moment. He has the speed of a pregnant snail. I can't follow up on anything. The class that is about grabbing can't land a freaking heavy attack even on a stamina drained downed target. It is ridiculous.

Also there is literally no way to win against a competent peacemaker. You can either parry,grab,light attack for barely any damage or be a god of timing to side heavy attack into her dodge attack (fails 90% of the time). She can always attack you out of range.

Which is a shame because I am a huge fan of Halberds and his walking sound is super satisfying, lots of clanking and metal scraping. He moves and sounds like a tank.

Valkyrie is where the fun is at though, excellent counter-attacker. "Come at me bro" is her motto.

Haven't tried Shugoki yet but getting the lard ass off a point is vexing to say the least, damn sumo samurai.

Didn't know about this game until I saw the links to Polygon and Kotaku losing their shit over the Deus Vult stuff over on the gamergate thread yesterday. So I watched a few youtubers shilling it. I must say at first it looked pretty good, but the more I watched the more limited the game looked, with a seemingly limited move set. Then again I don't play online games so it may be fun for those that do, I was going to make an exception here though if it had a good single player campaign, but the chiseling for extras on line and the price, besides the limited move set and what looks to be dull upgrade system has put me off.

It would have been better if you could change your characters weapons and armor to make them more unique, fast Warlords in light armor wielding a spear which they would have to become more experienced in. More heavily armed Valkaries etc. that way you would open up thousands of unique character combinations. But of course that would require shitloads more work. At the minute though the game looks as if it would get real old real fast.

Though I'll keep an eye on the thread and on the game to see if it is worth bothering with.

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
It has 18 stats, it must be a great RPG then!

KS77UzR.jpg

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I just finished the campaign which took nearly 7 hours on Hard difficulty, and the story was like
:hmmm:

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Wow,was browsing the steam store and the review for this game and just saw this

Now, you can pay $30 to unlock the entire skill progression as well as $5 for a pack of 5,000 steel.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/clopnaz/recommended/304390/

Can the people who actually bought this confirm this,did the just make a AAA full priced game pay2win? (various weapons and armour in this game are not just cosmetic for those who don't know)

EnthalpyFlow

Scholar
Patron
Skill progression =/= weapons and armour. You can unlock all basic levels of the skills (all of the skills can be leveled up, iirc). Weapons and armours function in a different way, those use the steel in order to progress.

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
I was greatly saddened by the inclusion of Micro-transactions. Only in principle, since here is how gear works:

Duel (1vs1)
Brawl (2vs2)
Deathmatch (4vs4)

All gear is cosmetic in these modes.

Elimination (Deathmatch with buffs across the map)
Domination (4vs4 Point Control).

Gear does matter in these modes.

But even then gear works by redistributing your stats so in essence you hyper specialize. Still I wish you couldn't buy steel.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Ugh, micro transactions in a full priced game and no dedicated servers. Fuck that. At this point UBI-soft could as well just disappear into oblivion.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Skill progression =/= weapons and armour. You can unlock all basic levels of the skills (all of the skills can be leveled up, iirc). Weapons and armours function in a different way, those use the steel in order to progress.

I was talking about the 30$ for the feats unlock but the ability to buy steel with actual money which allows you to get the various lootboxes and items

EnthalpyFlow

Scholar
Patron

I was talking about the 30$ for the feats unlock but the ability to buy steel with actual money which allows you to get the various lootboxes and items
Maybe you don't know this, but that gear only change your stats in one out of SIX game modes.

mutonizer

Arcane
Patron
I just finished the campaign which took nearly 7 hours on Hard difficulty, and the story was like

Only completed Knight and Viking on realistic so far and while definitely nothing to write home about in the grand scheme of things, I did chuckle quite a lot as the humor of some scenes. Wasn't expecting anything though, hence no disappointment. I fucking hated fighting the Samourais in realistic though, so freaking fast, I was really struggling and just rushed through some areas.

PSA: And valkyrie just rocks..LOVE her moveset, very dynamic, really hybrid and her animations are gold. Even though I'm ultra hardcore Conqueror, I think I'll cave and split my play between these two.

But can you beat someone that outgears you by just outskilling him?
You can totally destroy him yes...if he's not good.
The issue for the affected modes comes when fighting against high prestige, high gear, high skills premades. Just one of these in a game can wreck an entire team if geared proper on a quick class (slow classes can't dodge proper so they'll get caught and break locked) so imagine a premade group on voicecom...

Also, since Prestige is just time but is used as "skill level" for the matchmaking, you can end up in three different situations:
1) Very good player who doesn't play that much getting paired non stop with complete newbies. (most of the big guns you saw on streams and whatnot, there were a lot of prestige 0 perfecting newbies pretty much)
2) Normal players who play a lot getting paired with crazy players who also play a lot and get completely destroyed. (that's me sometimes, some dudes are insane, my body/eyes/hand just physically can't keep up, too old for this shit!).
3) Very good players who play a lot paired against their levels, which rocks I guess.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom