Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

For all the weeaboo's and Rance rape lovers out there.

JoKa

Cipher
just one correction, touhousniper: you mixed up japanization and no-jap route...
in japanization you get more characters (=more commanders to fight with), but your income is cut down by one third. you can see if you're in this route if your planets with maximum security look like a flower.
no japanization you have a lot more resources, less commanders and big problems with rebels/security.

another big decision is ifr you sign the tri-pact you manage to reach germany before they get gangraped by the allies. if you do it, you and germany defeat the rest, have a party together and then bash each other =)

TouhouSniper

Novice
Somewhere in the Interwebz and figuring out what t
Thanks for the correction, JoKa. I knew something was off, but I wasn't sure what. I myself actually haven't played through as much as my friend has, just a couple tens of turns, so I knew I mixed up my info somewhere.

Yes, Japan and Germany, just like in WWII, can be great allies even in Daiteikoku....but we all know what happens when fascism in put into play :) well, actually, in this case, FANCISM :smug:

Just for the heads up for anyone to hasn't fought Germany yet, do NOT fight Retia.

She.
Is.
A.
Beast.

End of story. :D

My friend has also found a character information sheet that lists all characters' stats and passive skills. It is not yet complete, but it is still very extensive and is in English. He also has a file of torrented BGM's from Daiteikoku, which I personally want from him, as I love the soundtracks from this game. A bit over on the futuristic/techno side, but that's ok. If you guys want, I can try to post it as soon as I can extort the charac info sheet + music files from him :smug:

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Exmit said:
bros translation has started

http://fiohnel.tumblr.com/post/50918216 ... 2011-04-30

>Daiteikoku - English interface patch to be ready next week
f6y0MpOgKp8e7vteMFYfqg6Ao1_500.jpg

Hell yeah! Now we are getting somewhere.

Black

Arcane
It's only interface, keep your pants on (though that may be hard when it's Rance-like game :smug: )
At least it's a sign they're already translating it.

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
I can fucking read mind you.

Wonder if it will work with the 1.02 patch?

Black

Arcane
Don't talk to me like that, you fucking dirty pollack scum.

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
Remember people, this is how we do it in Potatoland. Hating your fellowmen is the way to go.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
I was ready to commit seppuku that the fuckers streamlined it to shit after Sengoku Rance but TouhouSniper's comments placated my trembling hyper weapon.

Whip those translators good! I want to play this game, instead of researching my masters next fall :lol:

TouhouSniper

Novice
Oh, WhiskyWolf. Long before I joined this heavenly RPGCodex forums, I have followed your quest to complete the almighty task of finishing the True Route of Sengoku Rance...

I must say that I was thoroughly amused by the various media that you inputted during key witty moments of your LP. And I am glad to see that your godlike sense of humor is coming back. (Major mental orgasm.)

:thumbsup:

I will be posting basic information from time to time for those who have already managed to torrent the game but have not touched it because they don't know what the fuck is going on and/or what the fuck to do. (Don't worry, I was the same once :love: )

The main title screen should show the protagonist, Tougou Tsuyoshi, with a katana, and the Daiteikoku logo over him. On the right, the buttons are as follows:

New Game
???? (I haven't unlocked this yet, so I have no idea what it is)
Load Game
CG Sets (Oh, I know you RPGCodex fanboys just wanna get a go of this, you dirty foolz!)
Scene Select (Wait, THIS is the ones you want. All the HCG's have their own nifty little niche, right here.)
BGM's (You MUST check these out, they're very good. SHADE has carried over their epic skills in this game as well.)
???? (I really don't know what this is yet, haven't unlocked either)
Options
???? (Another curse set by the Finish-the-game-first-rule)

Can someone kindly tell me how the hell to post pictures on this forum? I'd like to post pix so that people can see what the interface is like.

I shall post more basic information guides as time progresses. Let's just hope to God that the English patch doesn't take too long. :x

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The best way to post is to go to a outside photo service like Photobucket and then use the [/img]*pick url her*

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Kichikuou Rance - 20% translated

:o

Rance 4 - 20% translated
Princess Maker 5 - 26% translated
Seinarukana - Prologue, Chapter 1 & 4 translated, translation at 27.36%, image editing mostly complete, chapter 2 translation almost complete

Oh well. That famous final 5% might just as well take three years in many cases...

TouhouSniper

Novice
Crimson Angel, it seems that I apparently do not understand your directions....the Img button seems to hate me and does not give me an image preview.

Oh well, here is a link to my photobucket acct with the title screen picture. There you can refer to my previous comment on what the title screen buttons are.

Reject_666_6

Arcane
treave said:
The difficulty with a blitzkrieg strategy in the game is that:
a) unlike Sengoku Rance, you can't throw money to instantly bring your units to full strength
b) units that are not at full strength aren't allowed to participate in attacks

I did it by liberal abuse of save-reload to check out which type of fleets the enemy was packing in their defense, and setting it up so that I had a perfect combination to one shot each of their units before they could strike. I sent the bulk of my admirals so I had versatility in options, with only a token force to hold Japan and defend against Gamerica (not in Hawaii of course, the weather effect there is hellish. It's practically the only weather effect I would rather skip since I can't guarantee I would have enough even-number leveled admirals to defend/attack - with the other weather effects you just need to adjust your equipment or ship composition).

You may know this already, but they fixed both of these in version 1.02. You can now spend money for 'emergency repairs' which fully heals your ships, and you can scout adjacent sectors so you don't need to keep reloading.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Okay.

Well if you go to your phtobucket account and you click the picture you want to share.
TO the right there is a small box called "share this photo" in there there is a small boxed called IMG code. Click it and you should have every thing you need in your clip board.

Then it is a simple matter of making a new post and use ctr+v and you will have some thing that looks like this.

*IMG*http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v686/Kyrwar/NurgBloodbowlLineup3d.jpg*/IMG*

Only with [ and ] instead of * and it should show up.

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
Haba said:
Kichikuou Rance - 20% translated

:o
Hell yeah! Didn't spot that one.
TouhouSniper said:
Oh, WhiskyWolf. Long before I joined this heavenly RPGCodex forums, I have followed your quest to complete the almighty task of finishing the True Route of Sengoku Rance...

I must say that I was thoroughly amused by the various media that you inputted during key witty moments of your LP. And I am glad to see that your godlike sense of humor is coming back. (Major mental orgasm.)

:thumbsup:
Thanks but you are giving me too much credit, I'm not as witty as I would want to be. Inputting various media into the LP is a standard technique here on the codex.
TouhouSniper said:
I shall post more basic information guides as time progresses. Let's just hope to God that the English patch doesn't take too long. :x
Amen and I think someone beat you to it...
http://alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/Daiteikoku
Reject_666_6 said:
treave said:
The difficulty with a blitzkrieg strategy in the game is that:
a) unlike Sengoku Rance, you can't throw money to instantly bring your units to full strength
b) units that are not at full strength aren't allowed to participate in attacks

I did it by liberal abuse of save-reload to check out which type of fleets the enemy was packing in their defense, and setting it up so that I had a perfect combination to one shot each of their units before they could strike. I sent the bulk of my admirals so I had versatility in options, with only a token force to hold Japan and defend against Gamerica (not in Hawaii of course, the weather effect there is hellish. It's practically the only weather effect I would rather skip since I can't guarantee I would have enough even-number leveled admirals to defend/attack - with the other weather effects you just need to adjust your equipment or ship composition).

You may know this already, but they fixed both of these in version 1.02. You can now spend money for 'emergency repairs' which fully heals your ships, and you can scout adjacent sectors so you don't need to keep reloading.
This is correct. There are also some other changes. Altogether a very inclining patch.
Code:
The latest version of the game is v1.02. The new patch enable players to scout prior to attacking, change the building after it's built, enable the fish ships that's been unlocked at the start of the game, perform an emergency repair at the cost of resources, and create their own custom admirals. There are also new events and ships added.

Good to see a developer who can actually :incline: their game after release. Granted, a few features are stuff that should have been in after basic beta testing. Rance also had a lot of features that were surprisingly only added after a few patches.

Sadly, patches make translation efforts a pain in the ass. I have to wonder if anyone interested in doing so would be holding out until the last patch is released.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
If they designed it as a strategy game properly they would have things like that in the initial release.

TouhouSniper

Novice
WhiskeyWolf said:
Amen and I think someone beat you to it...
http://alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/Daiteikoku

It's okay, I've used Alicesoft Wiki countless times to help me in my Sengoku Rance escapades. I know that they're reliable, but it's always helpful to have someone who's currently playing the game to give tips for fellow newbies. :love:

Reject_666_6 said:

MUST HAVE PATCH! MUST HAVE LINK! I TOO AM SICK OF CONSTANT RELOADING SO HELP ME GOD!!!!!!!!

Daiteikoku1.jpg

And here it is! Thanks a bunchies Crimson Angel, I can now share the Daiteikoku love with the RPGCodex gods. :D

Refer to my previous comments to see what button corresponds to what.

TouhouSniper

Novice
I don't know how many of you know this already, but here it is anyway.

Rance 8, or Rance Quest, is announced to be released this summer of 2011. And in the Sengoku Rance LP that WhiskyWolf directed in another thread, I remember seeing some posts that wondered whether Kenshin specifically would be featured in the next Rance, and to those people, I say...

YES!
:love:

Here is the link that features Kenshin on the title screen of Rance Quest.

http://alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/Rance_Quest

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom