Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

For all the weeaboo's and Rance rape lovers out there.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
TouhouSniper said:
Here's a tip: In all playthroughs you have, the game will allow you ONE, I REPEAT, JUST ONE time to perform what is called an "Auto-Win". This is to compensate for the fact that the enemy may very well be too powerful for you to handle - best example, Hawaii when you first acquire a territory next to it early in the game. To get this "Auto-Win" feature, you must clear the events with the black-haired female commander holding a black katana who is the commander of the Japanese Marine Corps. If it's the first time you are clearing her events, I think you need to see her two H-scenes before acquiring it; I've gotten it by just seeing the first one. But once you do get it, when you enter a battle, where it shows the triangle of the Marine Corps there should be a green button underneath it. That is the "auto-win" feature that you can only use once per playthrough, for any battle you sincerely believe that it is downright impossible for you to win with your current tech and finances. You just need to send one admiral, and you get a free territory.
He, I got this when assaulting Midway (I think it was Midway, not Pearl). I was like "hmm what does this button do... Jesus Christ!".

TouhouSniper

Novice
Somewhere in the Interwebz and figuring out what t
WhiskeyWolf said:
He, I got this when assaulting Midway (I think it was Midway, not Pearl). I was like "hmm what does this button do... Jesus Christ!".

I didn't know such a function existed until my friend pointed it out to me and laughed in my face. He had used it to take over Hawaii/Pearl Harbor/Midway (whatever the hell it is, GOSH! :? ), when I used it on Turn 154. It was my biggest facepalm of this year thus far.

Oh, and another thing about the Auto-Win thingy....normally, under conventional battle circumstances, only the units that actually fight in the battlezones are awarded with EXP. If you use the Auto-Win, EVERYONE is awarded EXP, and it's some serious EXP at that, too. So if you want some admirals to level up, I suggest you throw them into the battle (remember, you can bring as many admirals as you want into a star region) and they will all generate some serious EXP.

Also, I don't know how much of use this will be to anyone, but in case you must play w/o a mouse, I learned how to use the keyboard to play Daiteikoku.

Controls:

Arrows (Map Navigation)
Enter (Select)
Space Bar (Go back, same function as the right click)

It seems that Alicesoft programmed this game to be played with only a keyboard as well...how ingenuous.

Commisar, how many commanders do you have? And do you know what main route you are on? Because the kind of route you took means the difference between having that many good commanders. Japanization Route allows you to have almost 50% more commanders that you otherwise can't get in the Non-Japanization Route, but in exchange your income is reduced by a 1/3. And there are certain things you must do to procure some strong commanders. (I'M FUCKING LOOKING AT YOU, OH BLONDE/FEMINIZED VERSION OF HITLER!)

TouhouSniper

Novice
Because I thought that it's high time I posted some more USEFUL information, I think I'll delve into the historical background a bit more, for those of you dunces who have failed your history classes out of sheer boredom. I will point out the obvious ones; if you know some characters whom I don't mention and you know for a fact that they existed in real life, feel free to add.

JAPAN:

Mikado: In WWII, there was no "Empress". There was, however, an emperor - Emperor Hirohito. And he was a figurehead, much unlike the Mikado we know.

Tougou Tsuyoshi: He was the Chief Admiral of the Japanese Imperial Fleet during the Russo-Japanese War. I don't think the real Tougou was that big of a pimp, though. If he was, then that's just golly.

REPUBLIC OF GAMERICA:

Eagle Douglas: Took me a while to figure this one out when I shouldn't have. Embodies Douglas MacArthur, American head commander in the Philippines when the Japanese invaded. If you pay attention to the endscene that plays after you take over Manila2000, you will see Eagle Douglas utter the same words that MacArthur said when he was forced to leave: "I Shall Return." Only, in Daiteikoku, he won't do that. Rather, you won't let him. :)

President Roose: If you can't tell by the name, this is the polar opposite of President Franklin Delano Roosevelt, US President and Chief Commander of the United States forces in WWII. Funny how they made him in this game.

The Four Girls: I'm damn sure they're all parodies of important people, but I'm not sure exactly whom. I have my guesses, but I'll keep them to myself for now...

AERIS EMPIRE:

Sarah Britten: Queen of England. Dunno who exactly she is supposed to signify, because I'm pretty sure there was a king on the throne during WWII. My guess is Queen Elizabeth, because Elizabeth's half-sister's name of Mary Tudor, and in Daiteikoku Sarah's sister's name is also Mary, but this time Mary Britten. Dunno where the Mom, Eliza, came from.

John Lawrence: This is obvious: Lawrence of Arabia. Strange enough, John ain't in Arabia, nor do you capture him there. You get Nelson. Weird.

Victory Nelson: This is also obvious: Horatio Nelson, head admiral of the British Royal Navy that defeated Napoleon. Gotta love his name in this game, can't get over it.

Claude Montgomery: This too is obvious: General Montgomery of the British North African Army in WWII, helped the Americans squeeze the Nazi's and Italians out of North Africa. I believe that just like in history, you first meet Montgomery at Suez, where in WWII he managed to prevent the Nazi's from conquering the Suez Canal.

Empire of Espana:

These two are major DUH's, even though they're wayyyy outta context. King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella, anyone? Just why they're fighting each other, we have no idea.

United Human Organization of Soviet (God I hope I got that name right):

Katerlin (Yes, that's how you spell her name in English): probably a lolified Catherine the Great. Dunno if she had a single best friend constantly with her all the time, though.

Zhukov Georgy (I think I butchered his name, but I could care less): He is the parody of a high-ranking minister of the czarist regime in Russia. True to his original historical nature, Zhukov in Daiteikoku had also worked as a high-ranking minister in the previous Russian monarchy, and when Katerlin and others came along, became a Soviet and worked for them as well.

TouhouSniper said:
Commissar, how many commanders do you have? And do you know what main route you are on? Because the kind of route you took means the difference between having that many good commanders. Japanization Route allows you to have almost 50% more commanders that you otherwise can't get in the Non-Japanization Route, but in exchange your income is reduced by a 1/3. And there are certain things you must do to procure some strong commanders. (I'M FUCKING LOOKING AT YOU, OH BLONDE/FEMINIZED VERSION OF HITLER!)

I'm on the Japanization route and allied with Germany/Italy. I have an alright deal of commanders, I'm just not sure how to build some of them to survive more than 1 good hit/dole out a real amount of damage when they have such little command.

So far it's the original lineup, the wolf God guy, the American girl from Micronesia (The first American territory adjacent to you), the Chinese girl with the red dress, the blue-haired girl from the H-scene in Manilla2000, the girl Germany sends you a few turns after the alliance and the sister/cousin/whatever of the
dickhead that defects and steals Manilla2000, but I have her so she won't go with him. I have him too but not giving him any ships, because the bastard runs off with them when he defects.
Plus a few of the generic commanders with leftover but good stuff.

TouhouSniper

Novice
HOW THE HELL DID I FORGET GERMANY? :retarded:

Third Reich of Dokutsu:

Retia Adolf: If you do not know who this is supposed to signify, I will castrate you and feed you and your testicles to a pit of starving anacondas.

Grecia Gobbels (Fuck her name, it's pronounced "Geppels"): I believe she is supposed to signify one of Hitler's top aides, or somebody.

El Rommel: You poor, poor children. You do not know the Desert Fox? (Btw, this game calls him the DESSERT Fox. No, it's not a typo.)

VTVN: Say it out. Yes, yes it's true. BEETHOVEN IS AN ADMIRAL! WDF?!?! :retarded: :retarded: :retarded:

I forgot a guy from Gamerica:

Devil Dwight: First name gives him away. He looks pretty badass as a admiral, his tattoo's pretty fucking awesome as well.

How did I forget Italy as well? Oh, right. Nobody cares about them. Especially if A CERTAIN COMPANY is gonna depict them as the entertainment capital of the world, and all that ever lives there are pigs.

Republic Empire of Itarin:

Venezia Muccilini: Not only do they fuck up his name, but they quite literally make him a whore. Oh, geez...makes me realize that some people's imaginations are far crazier than mine own.

TouhouSniper said:
Third Reich of Dokutsu: Grecia Gobbels (Fuck her name, it's pronounced "Geppels"): I believe she is supposed to signify one of Hitler's top aides, or somebody.

It's supposed to be Joseph Goebbels, the Minister of Propaganda. That and the girls secretly running America or whatever, the main one is supposed to be John Rockefeller, the boyish one possibly Rothschild and then the science-y one John Von Neumann, no idea for the blonde one.

TouhouSniper

Novice
ComradeCommissar said:
I'm on the Japanization route and allied with Germany/Italy. I have an alright deal of commanders, I'm just not sure how to build some of them to survive more than 1 good hit/dole out a real amount of damage when they have such little command.

I suggest you play them to their strengths. This is the very next topic I will talk about: Commander Bonuses and Passive Skills.

AdmiralBonusList.jpg

In Daiteikoku, all commanders, yes, all of them, have stat bonuses that correspond with their ship fleet slots. Keep in mind, though, that the word "bonus" is a vague term for a downgrade or upgrade in performance of a ship type in that particular slot in a commander's equipped fleet list, so be careful you're not wasting your ships on crappy generic commanders. Also, many Passive Skills that admirals have are key to knowing how to win battles. To view their bonuses: go to an admiral's equipped fleet list and look at the slots themselves. Since it's in Japanese, you can poke around to see what exactly they do. For example, here are the complete stat lists for all the major characters of each country.

NOTE: READ THE BONUSES FROM TOP, DOWN IN CORRESPONDENCE WITH THEIR POSITIONING IN THE GAME. ALSO, THE NUMBERS LISTED HERE ARE THE INITIAL NUMBERS THAT THEY START WITH; THEY WILL MOST LIKELY BY NOW BE HIGHER, NEVER LOWER.

Tougou Tsuyoshi:
All Around +30% (first slot occupied by Tougou's flagship Nagato. All Around means all stats, which are Radar, Lasers, Missiles, Cannons, and HP, are buffed)
All Around +10%
All Around +10%
All Around +10%
Passive Skill: Great Art of War: +10% ATK bonus for all ally units in the same battlezone. Can be upgraded through events to:
Supreme Art of War: +20% ATK bonus for all ally units in the same battlezone. Quite nifty.

Nagumo Keiko (the long red-haired girl. Commisar, you should take a look at this)
HP +10%
HP +10%
HP +10%
HP +10%
Passive Skill: Education: All ally units in the same battlezone receive a +40% increase in EXP. If you need to power-level someone quickly, deploy them with her, and they'll get levels like no other.

Sarah Britten:
All Around +10%
Lasers +10%
N/A
N/A
No Passive Skill

Mary Britten:
All Around +30%
N/A
N/A
N/A
Passive Skill: 英国王族: Basically means she does 10% damage against Aeris troops. Therefore, don't use Mary against Aeris.

Eliza Britten:
Carriers +10%
Lasers +10%
Missiles +10%
HP -30%
No Passive Skill. For a middle-aged lady with two grown children, she's pretty damn good.

Retia Adolf:
All Around +0% (it increases with leveling and events)
All Attack +0%
Radar +0%
HP +0%

Eisen Manstein (Big, hulky German commander wearing the silver uniform)
All Around +30%
HP +0%
N/A
N/A
Passive Skill: 鉄の城: Basically means that all incoming missile and cannon damage that he sustains is reduced to 30%.

Carol Kiring (Blonde, flat-chested Gamerican admiral):
All Around -10%
Carriers +10%
Lasers +10%
N/A
Passive Skill: 大修理: Basically means she heals herself by 40%, no matter where she is stationed.

Eagle Douglas:
All Around +20%
All Around +10%
All Around +10%
N/A
Passive Skill: Luv+ (DO NOT ASK ME WHY THEY NAMED IT THIS WAY): Additional +10% ATK bonus if deployed in the same battlezone as Carol Kiring, mentioned above. (This is actually kind of a spoiler in itself, but hopefully it won't give out too much.)

Lidiya Rokossovsky:
Cannon +0%
Cannon +0%
Cannon +0%
HP +0%
Passive Skill: Public Peace Boost: Increases public peace by 1/4 a turn, as opposed to only 1/8.

If you want a specific commander's stats, feel free to ask and I will try to provide for them, if I know precisely what they have.

JoKa

Cipher
you are not talking about the normal anti-aircraft barrier-ships, right?those make invading hawaii trivial as well.

and in case you already mentioned it please ignore it: you get more technology unlocked every 5 territories you control - and some ships have prerequisites, e.g. you have unlocked tier 4 by having 15 territories and research the tier 2 submarine you'll be able to research the tier 3 submarine next turn.

Reject_666_6

Arcane
Those posts were useful, though Captain Obvious rears his ugly head a few times.

Also, here's a few PROTIPS:

Give your noname admirals those useless decorative ships and have them follow your army to increase order in captured systems. Not only will you be swimming in resources from all the income, you'll also be avoiding those annoying rebellions.

Beating the really strong whale disaster is easy with an admiral full of laser barrier ships, and the other three with max level subs. Also note that unlike with every other disaster, beating this one gives you no bonus animal ship and no tangible benefit at all. A far cry from Orochi, sadly.

Which brings me to my next tip, everybody needs a laser barrier ship. The only exceptions are the ones who already have a natural laser barrier, or sub units.

Which brings me to my next tip, using subs makes many fights very easy. The amount of firepower they can dish out is ridiculous.

Finally, I would say it's not worth it to invest in missiles at all. There's no fight that can't be easily won by using lasers, carriers or subs. Even if you really feel you need some, a few admirals start with missile ships, so just redistribute those instead.

TouhouSniper

Novice
JoKa said:
you are not talking about the normal anti-aircraft barrier-ships, right?those make invading hawaii trivial as well.

I was referring to ships that had latent defensive shields for a specific weapon type in general. You may take that however way you want.

Reject_666_6 said:
Those posts were useful, though Captain Obvious rears his ugly head a few times.

Also, here's a few PROTIPS:

I'm sure your intention was not as malicious as I first perceived this to be, but I'd like to make this clear now, since it doesn't seem like you understand why I'm doing this (best example, capitalizing the word(s) PROTIPS):

I started to post these to help people who wish to play the game but have no understanding of its mechanics. Sure, at certain points my logic may seem redundant or pointless, but I'd much rather be called "Captain Obvious" than "Captain Leaves-Things-Out". Expect me to be a bit obvious, because there are gonna be people out there who won't realize these so-called "obvious" things unless they're pointed out to them. But I still appreciate that you are also contributing; every little bit makes my job easier, since that's one less thing I could talk about.

Reject_666_6

Arcane
Not malicious, carry on by all means. But just take into consideration that most of us are veteran gamers, so it's not necessary to have every detail in the game explained if you can figure it out by yourself after a couple of battles. If you're writing this for a friend of yours, then never mind.

Also, you left out a few of the more obscure mechanics that aren't so obvious, so let me help with that:

- One of the most unintuitive things in Daiteikoku is that damage to your fleets doesn't affect how much damage they do. So an intact fleet of destroyers does just as much damage as a 1 HP fleet of destroyers. This boggles my mind, especially since this wasn't the case with Sengoku Rance.

- During the tactics phase, the amount of stars you gain from each battlefield is proportional to enemy fleets killed. So, if a sector is worth 6 stars with 3 enemies, if you kill one you get 2 stars when the phase is over. This is useful to know if you don't expect to be able to annihilate the entire enemy system. However, if you lose all your ships in a sector, you automatically lose all stars gained from there. So even if you kill 5 out of 6 enemy ships there, if you lose yours you lose all your progress there.

- Hanitora actually fills up public peace in a region by 1/3 each turn, which is better than other admirals with that skill. Plan accordingly.

- Again, in the tactics phase, you may have noticed that sometimes you get 2 attack phases, sometimes you get 3. When attacking, this is completely scripted. As you advance in the game, most systems will only offer 2 phases. When defending, you get 2 phases unless you have full public peace, in which case you get 3.

- Once you clear an admiral by doing his or her events (usually women are cleared after their H-scenes), they get a permanent boost of 30 to their command skill. This is very useful because command is an admiral's most important stat.

- Distance does not exist in this game. You can attack opposite ends of the galaxy and the Army ship will always be there. You can unequip all ships from an admiral and give them all to another, no matter how far. If your admiral is even slightly injured, however, you can't touch your ships until he's repaired. So theoretically, if you avoid taking damage, you can conquer multiuple systems with the same ships. :M

- New tech levels become available with every 5 systems conquered, but they don't unlock each ship until you research the previous model. So you can't try and skip the level 3 battleship and just get the level 4 one, because it won't unlock until you research the level 3 one. Some ships also unlock more than one model, so you'll need to experiment a bit.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
This game sounds better and better, but i am going to hold back from playing it until it is translated.

I am kind of a Purist like that.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
where is the english version?
fucking japs be more international.

CrimsonAngel said:
This game sounds better and better, but i am going to hold back from playing it until it is translated.

Eh, it's seeming a little grim on the translation front at the moment, the guy who translated Big Bang Age/Daibanchou or whatever apparently has his ass in a twist over the game and won't translate it. Then aside from the lame troll reports I haven't heard anything else, but hopefully Yandere or someone will pick it up soon. Anyway, the gameplay is fun enough and not too hard to pick up. Just take tips from here and keep a tab of the wiki open, to check just what you're being asked in dialogue choices and to maybe get some help with early game and such.

need

translation

for

porn

-
Aside from that, anyone who's played the game through, would you happen to know how to open the special path from Hawaii to Canada? I took out Hawaii decently early, but I keep reading that if I hit America through Hawaii -> USJ, it'll trigger
The CORE shit-storm.

ComradeCommissar said:
CrimsonAngel said:

Eh, it's seeming a little grim on the translation front at the moment, the guy who translated Big Bang Age/Daibanchou or whatever apparently has his ass in a twist over the game and won't translate it. Then aside from the lame troll reports I haven't heard anything else, but hopefully Yandere or someone will pick it up soon. Anyway, the gameplay is fun enough and not too hard to pick up. Just take tips from here and keep a tab of the wiki open, to check just what you're being asked in dialogue choices and to maybe get some help with early game and such.

I can only imagine that they are getting hounded by requests for translation every minute of the day, which is sure to piss them off when many people act as if it should be expected of them to translate the game. Most likely its going to take a year to get serious work on the way.

JoKa

Cipher
Aside from that, anyone who's played the game through, would you happen to know how to open the special path from Hawaii to Canada? I took out Hawaii decently early, but I keep reading that if I hit America through Hawaii -> USJ, it'll trigger
The CORE shit-storm.
[/quote]

you have to do two warp-gate experiment-events...those spawn near the top of the event list. after you did the first the second becomes available (maybe several turns later?). after the second one you can bumrush the usa via canada...

Exmit

Scholar
Turisas said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4TgO35BiZs

what anime faggotry is this? Bros I'm disappoint in you all.

This is the incline of PC gaming, Japanese are the last ones to bring good strategies to wider community :M

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Damn it, I think I won't be able to hold out much longer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom