Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fog of War in Solium Infernum

chuft

Augur
Trying to learn Solium Infernum, which seems awesome, but some things are...unclear.

For example, I have fragments of manuscripts that I have no idea what they would do if I managed to complete them.

But what really puzzles me is how fog of war works. In my game I was playing of the demo, I bought an artifact, and someone stole it from me with a ritual. OK. This game (I bought it) I raised my Deceit high enough to be able to cast the artifact-snatching spell, but the list of targets is empty. This, despite the fact that various turn log messages have indicated other players buying artifacts from the Bazaar, so I know they are out there.

I didn't see anything in the listed rituals for seeing things like attached artifacts, just some stuff about spying on the enemy's vault.

How do you see artifacts so you can try to pilfer them?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
For example, I have fragments of manuscripts that I have no idea what they would do if I managed to complete them.

http://si.battlespot.com/wiki/Main_Page

but it also says so right there in the description what the manuscripts do

solium0032_zps34bd4804.jpg

I didn't see anything in the listed rituals for seeing things like attached artifacts, just some stuff about spying on the enemy's vault.

How do you see artifacts so you can try to pilfer them?

If an artifact is attached to a legion or place of power, you will always see it.
If an artifact is unattached, it's stored in the vaults. You need to use the dark augury ritual to spy it.
Artifacts can also be attached to ritual slots - for that you also need dark augury.

Also I suggest RTFM

chuft

Augur
Thanks. I see manuscripts in the Bazaar have explanations, but the fragments my minions bring me, don't seem to have any place where they are listed like that. They are just scattered in a tribute box. Clicking them, or even assembling them or using them for training, doesn't seem to say anywhere what they will do. If it requires a wiki, so be it.

Good to know about the artifacts. I did level up Intellect and try an augury and got a success, but it just said "Vaults: Turn 51" when I looked at the enemy info. Rather puzzling. By the end of the game I did figure out that the tabs along the bottom can show you enemy stuff if you are looking at an enemy's avatar info in the Diplomatic screen.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom