Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Find publications based on my ratings, combine their scores. Exist?

Dim

Not sure if advertising plant?
Does some program or site like this exist? I don't mean metacritic, i only want combined scores from publications i already agree with. Would some app like this be useful? Basic statistics says it should. Should i make it? I'm serious scrape some sites onto a spreadsheet and that is all it takes.

Download. Use libreoffice. Maybe openoffice.

Last edited:

Boyarpunk

Hey there, fuckface-uh!
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Codex USB, 2014
Threre is only one opinion that matters and that is the Kombined Kodex Konsensus. Plug into the hivemind and become one with the collective.
Soon, you will learn the bitter truth:
everything is shit

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
BASS-2.jpg

Dim

FINISHED! no not really; no standardization and the data is patchy but otherwise I think its done.
Got data from evilasahobby.blog. Put a 1 in row 3 if you want this publication's opinion and your score for a title in column A. Row 1 indicates number of ratings you have in common with publication and row 2 the average score. Column B indicates the average score for that title of all critics you chose. Cell B2 shows how close your rating is to each score. The lower the better. You need 7-zip to open archive and libreoffice to open the actual sheet.
Screenshot_8.png

Derek Larp

Cipher
If you don't mind me asking, what is this supposed to accomplish?

Some people cant form their own opinions so they need someone to tell them what to think.

But he only considers opinions that he agrees with anyway. :mindfuck:

My guess is that this is supposed to filter the metacritic database by personal bias to find game recommendations.
OR To find publications that have the same taste as he does.
Both of which are insane, yet intriguing in their methodic approach.

Last edited:

Dim

Its basic statistics; sets with high correlation predict each other. The best games for me are a matter of subjective taste. There is no reason not to circlejerk/tunnelvision. But, you might say, publications are not people and might, just might, rate more objectively. Then, say I, this is the best way to punish hype and selling out. Bad publications don't matter if no one sees them. It might also solve all the metacritic controversy.

Update.
Now automatically chooses publications. Use B1 to set maximum average difference allowed. D3 is num of pubs used. D1 is average of percent of each publication's reviews you also reviewed. Use edit>find to search by name and Data>Filter>Auto B6 to hide rows. Don't use the sort it breaks things.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom