Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix Final Fantasy XIII

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Oh that translation.

Luka-boy

Arcane
"Do something for me, will you? Keep smiling... I-it makes me happy when you smile"

desu_desu.jpg
Is all the dialogue like that?

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Actually the translation is quite crappy, the problem is it basically kills the story.

Things I noticed were:
When Sash moves after Lightning, he says: "(follow?) Path, but what path? There is none." And tries to climb down rubble.

It wasn't: "I didn't ask."
It was either: "I couldn't ask." Or: "I didn't have chance to ask." (The later is more likely.)

And there was that scene after fireworks, where Snow is kissed by a woman after he says something to her. And it definitely wasn't what they shown on screen. Try to think what he could say she would react as she did.
We would look at these fireworks again next year.

Of course my Japanese is crappy, I know only what I learned from anime, and after I had problem with subtitles I discovered I surprisingly know what they are talking about even without studying Japanese, and considering lack of quality anime last year, I forgot a lot.
So don't expect I'd translate correctly all massive mishaps.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
If it makes you feel any better I regret the download. Played for an hour and frankly never needed to touch the control during combat. Seriously, I didn't even need to start auto battle, my allies would have won the fights for me, and you heal after each fight. I think maybe the third 'boss' fight would have been lost if I weren't attacking to end it ASAP.

Debating whether to give it any more of my time or just cut my losses.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
If it makes you feel any better I regret the download. Played for an hour and frankly never needed to touch the control during combat. Seriously, I didn't even need to start auto battle, my allies would have won the fights for me, and you heal after each fight. I think maybe the third 'boss' fight would have been lost if I weren't attacking to end it ASAP.

Debating whether to give it any more of my time or just cut my losses.

Combat opens up once you get access to the Crystarium. The first couple of hours are just banal tutorial shit.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Actually I remember the first fight with Lightning I was forced to use heal potion. Waiting for Sazh to kill it would require quite a lot of health potions.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
No, have they reduced difficulty in last patch?

I meant that fight with that big stuff.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I used one potion so far, and it turned out to be unnecessary as the boss died on the next attack (which I could have realized since you can see their health bars, but I wasn't paying any attention). That was the only fight that even brought anyone under 50%. Not hard to do the math and realize the chances that the enemies will be dead before they can kill your entire party are basically 100% during all the usual fights.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I haven't played it myself yet, but this game is pretty notorious for the lack of any challenge whatsoever during the first 10-15 hours or so. Supposedly it gets better later (felipepepe told me so :P).

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Auto-battle isn't very efficient. Very rarely will you get 5 stars after a battle when you use it.

Duraframe300

Arcane

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom