Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD for PC - released

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Yeah, we all saw it coming. Coming in May 12: http://store.steampowered.com/app/359870/

FINAL FANTASY X tells the story of a star blitzball player, Tidus, who journeys with a young and beautiful summoner named Yuna on her quest to save the world of Spira from an endless cycle of destruction wrought by the colossal menace Sin.

FINAL FANTASY X-2 returns to the world of Spira two years after the beginning of the Eternal Calm. Having been shown a mysterious but familiar image in a sphere, Yuna becomes a Sphere Hunter and along with her companions Rikku and Paine, embarks on a quest around the world to find the answers to the mystery within.

Based on the international versions of the games that were previously only released in Japan and Europe, FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster brings these timeless classics forward to the current generation of fans, old and new alike.

Key Features:
  • Characters, monsters, and environments have been fine-tuned to HD detail, providing a richer, deeper FINAL FANTASY visual experience.
  • Other features in the PC version include remastered/rearranged BGM,
  • International Edition content,
  • Auto-save and 5 game boosters including high speed and no encounter modes.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Who cares about that whiny fag. On the other hand it sports the best combat of the playstation era Final Fantasies.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I never could get Tidus' Ultimate Weapon. :negative: Even though I got everyone else's. But it don't matter, once LuLu gets Double cast - Flare - Flare the whole game becomes lol.

Since this is the LAST turn-based game Square has made, I'll probably pick it up someday....

Duraframe300

Arcane
I'm still working on the X-2 plat on ps4 and not giving up (I did X legit damnit)

As far as boosters go sadly the useful one (speed up) doesn't come as much in handy in X. Mostly for sphere farming and you wanna have a turbo controller for that anyway.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
These are the official cheats: http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/were-live-streaming-steam-version-final-fantasy-x-x-2-hd-remaster

Auto-save and 5 game boosters:
  1. Turbo (2x, 4x speed)
  2. Supercharge (Characters will have full overdrive meter each turn)
  3. Enemy encounter settings (Either increase the frequency of enemy encounters or turn them off)
  4. Auto battle mode
  5. Hide HUD
3 parameter changes (these can not be turned off once activated)
  1. Get 99 of each item in the game (excluding key items)
  2. Unlock all skills for all characters
  3. Max Gil

Nomad_Blizz

Arcane
Had to get the game from steam because GMG wasn't accepting my card. Could've gotten it for $18. Oh well.

Bahamut

Arcane
Both languages are included but there's no dual audio setting? WTF

Heard its becasue of some licencing bullshit, i hope modders will deliver

I remember that there was a PS2 rom hack that translated jap version to eng but it was buggy in couple of places though

EDIT: Ah well it looks somone has done it already :lol: , some exe patching was enough to do the trick

Last edited:

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Since this is the LAST turn-based game Square has made

So....is this for real? I have not played a console RPG since FFX. If this is true....that is really sad. :cry:
It's not. Dragon Quest, two SaGa remakes, Tactics Advance 2, 4 Heroes of Light, Bravely Default etc. It's just mostly handheld stuff so most people on the 'Dex don't give a damn.

EDIT: Wait, it might be if we're just talking about Square before the merger.
EDIT EDIT: Yup, X-2. Last Squaresoft game ever.

Mustawd

Since this is the LAST turn-based game Square has made

So....is this for real? I have not played a console RPG since FFX. If this is true....that is really sad. :cry:
It's not. Dragon Quest, two SaGa remakes, Tactics Advance 2, 4 Heroes of Light, Bravely Default etc. It's just mostly handheld stuff so most people on the 'Dex don't give a damn.

EDIT: Wait, it might be if we're just talking about Square before the merger.
EDIT EDIT: Yup, X-2. Last Squaresoft game ever.

Ok, then nevermind. That doesn't bother me. Thanks for clarifying. I do intend to eventually revisit jrpgs on the PS2/Xbox/gamecube/psp/etc era. Played like one PS3 game, so I've really been out of the loop.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
No problem, I've been out of the loop for years. I just play whatever.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Most fucking importantly, are the cutscenes skippable?
according to steam reviews, they're not.

I'm not sure about X-2 since the original let you skip them, but this also made them not count towards your completion percentage.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Most fucking importantly, are the cutscenes skippable?
according to steam reviews, they're not.

I'm not sure about X-2 since the original let you skip them, but this also made them not count towards your completion percentage.
Then fuck this shit. There's no way I'm going again through endless hours of crappy cutscenes.

At least in PCSXE you can fast forward through all that.

Mustawd

Then fuck this shit. There's no way I'm going again through endless hours of crappy cutscenes.

Seriously. What the fuck is the point of making something a mandatory cutscene?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom