Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Final Fantasy Tactics

SymbolicFrank

Magister
How can I get it to work with ePSXe? I have been trying for hours, using lots of different settings and files, and it just displays a black screen for a minute and then crashes, no matter.

It's on my laptop:

i5
8 GB
SSD + HD
GeForce 840M 4GB (1920x1080)
Windows 8.1

I could get it to work in the past, but I don't know how I did it (and it was on totally different PCs).

SymbolicFrank

Magister
Is the PSP version a better game?

Or, if it is equal: is it easier to get running on W8.1, on a large monitor?

Last edited:

spekkio

Arcane
Which part of using Retroarch you didn't get?

:rpgcodex:

If you can't run a game in epsxe it's probably your own fault due to:
- craptop
- crapos
- epsxe not configurated
- no bios
- wrong image
- user is consolefag

Git gut, scrub.

SymbolicFrank

Magister

:rpgcodex:

If you can't run a game in epsxe it's probably your own fault due to:
- craptop
- crapos
- epsxe not configurated
- no bios
- wrong image
- user is consolefag

Git gut, scrub.
Craptop: laptop with dedicated nVidia GPU with 4 GB VRAM
Crapos: yes, unfortunately.
Epsxe not configured: tried many times. And I did get it to work on multiple other PCs in the past.
BIOS: of course. And tried many different ones.
Image: tried many different ones.
Consolefag: I'm phasing out windows for Linux.

But thanks for visiting.

;)

SymbolicFrank

Magister
I did get everything up and running, except for the slowdown patch. Which is indeed irritating.

The linked download isn't available anymore, I couldn't find another one, and inserting it as a cwpatch in ppsspp doesn't work, unfortunately. Another one form the forum doesn't work either.

I tried a few other cheats, and those do work.

Does any of you know how to fix that?

SymbolicFrank

Magister
Well, what can I say? Even with the minor irritations, it's still the best squad-based RPG ever.

I would want it to work and look like Fallout Tactics (The second-best), especially the controls, but whatever. It's still the best.

index.php

Arcane
The linked download isn't available anymore

I'm pretty sure my link works, but whatever, I uploaded it to Dropbox for you: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ut5m0w2ln794th/Slowdown Fix Mark 2.zip?dl=0

Well, what can I say? Even with the minor irritations, it's still the best squad-based RPG ever.

I would want it to work and look like Fallout Tactics (The second-best), especially the controls, but whatever. It's still the best.

I guess this means you haven't played Jagged Alliance 2? :roll:

Self-Ejected

aeternalis

Wordcel
Patron
PSP version is better and has more content. The only problem, as you've seen, is the slowdown. New translation is objectively better but I do miss the quirkiness of the original mentally handicapped translation. l i t t l e m o n e y

:bro:

SymbolicFrank

Magister
The linked download isn't available anymore

I'm pretty sure my link works, but whatever, I uploaded it to Dropbox for you: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ut5m0w2ln794th/Slowdown Fix Mark 2.zip?dl=0

I applied it to the Euro ISO with the ppf-o-matic, but it doesn't work.

And I agree about JA2, but it's quite a different game.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
How is the android port btw?

From what I understand it's WotL and it's the only version with some sprite smoothing or redrawing to a degree. I haven't played it myself, though.

FFT%E3%82%AD%E3%83%A3%E3%83%A9%E9%AB%98%E8%A7%A3%E5%83%8F%E5%BA%A6%E5%8C%96.jpg

Severian Silk

I played most of FFT a long time ago. I had zero understanding of what was going on plotwise. I just don't have a head for these convoluted JRPG stories any more. :argh:

Endemic

Arcane
I played most of FFT a long time ago. I had zero understanding of what was going on plotwise. I just don't have a head for these convoluted JRPG stories any more. :argh:

Doesn't help that the original translation was borderline nonsensical. WotL makes it read like actual Shakespearian English.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How is the android port btw?

From what I understand it's WotL and it's the only version with some sprite smoothing or redrawing to a degree. I haven't played it myself, though.

FFT%E3%82%AD%E3%83%A3%E3%83%A9%E9%AB%98%E8%A7%A3%E5%83%8F%E5%BA%A6%E5%8C%96.jpg
I did some research, and have read it was plagged by a bad save system, and you lose progress when the app is not running, which should happen quite often on a smartphone (like when someone tries to call you while you are playing, and you stupidly answer without saving first).

Perkel

Arcane

If you have PC retroarch is worst emulator of them all. IT is good for phones and consoles for which there isn't any alternative.

It is written by same dude who wrote and made tactics ogre so game story and dialogs (provided you play non retarded psp version) are better than 90% games codex think have amazing writing.

Severian Silk

It is written by same dude who wrote and made tactics ogre so game story and dialogs (provided you play non retarded psp version) are better than 90% games codex think have amazing writing.
After you've played a few JRPGs everything becomes blurred together.

Delterius

Arcane

After you've played a few JRPGs everything becomes blurred together.
Its a JRPG where the young protagonist is a chump.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom