Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix Final Fantasy IV on Steam

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
http://store.steampowered.com/app/312750/

ss_be188a02bc984123a3b6d2b0528dae43eb968f02.600x338.jpg

About the Game
FINAL FANTASY IV makes its debut on PC!

As the first game in the series to feature the innovative Active Time Battle system, FINAL FANTASY IV stands as an iconic milestone in FINAL FANTASY history. Lose yourself in this timeless tale of heroes, betrayal, love and redemption—now optimized for PC!

Key Features:
Fully voiced, dramatic cut-scenes
Deep, emotionally charged character development
All-new system for charting dungeons and uncovering the secrets within
Inspiring score accessible at anytime from the built-in Jukebox

Considering getting it. Bravely Default was a lot of fun and maybe this will feel similar with its kawaii 3D.

Cool. FFIV is railroaded and dramatic as hell but it's good fun. But I see that like the PC release of III this still has the HUGE BUTTONS FOR SAUSAGE FINGERS from the Android version. Hope the rest of the port job was well done.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
Popamole from 1991. FFV or VI is where it's at on the SNES.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
Popamole's definition has expanded: anything that is mindless shit and a cop-out is popamole, and that's what FFIV is. They intentionally dumbed down the gameplay, and the world design is shit.
Sure the story is still somewhat worthwhile yet it's still one of the weaker ones in the series.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
FFIV and VI where my favorite Final Fantasies and I'd love to have them on steam.

However, 14.99€? For this abomination in 3d that looks so much worse than the original? Wtf were they thinking? Nothing is sacred

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
1. That's just, like, your opinion, man..

Maybe. It's not opinion that the gameplay is stripped of nearly all worth though. Same fucking story with Chrono Trigger.
Why not play the FF's that offer both gameplay and story? Never mind, storyfag thread, and I'm not one to troll so I'll leave you to your devices.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Maybe. It's not opinion that the gameplay is stripped of nearly all worth though. Same fucking story with Chrono Trigger.
Why not play the FF's that offer both gameplay and story? Never mind, storyfag thread, and I'm not one to troll so I'll leave you to your devices.

Popamole from 1991. FFV or VI is where it's at on the SNES.

Uh-huh. I like job systems as much as the next guy, but the story in Final Fantasy V was mediocre at best. Yeah, FFIV isn't exactly a masterpiece writing-wise, but it's definitely more entertaining imo.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
Uh-huh. I like job systems as much as the next guy, but the story in Final Fantasy V was mediocre at best. Yeah, FFIV isn't exactly a masterpiece writing-wise, but it's definitely more entertaining imo.

Eh, forgetting everything else and just comparing the stories of the two, I don't see why FFIV's story is more relevant or entertaining than V's.

Athelas

Arcane
I don't see the difference, they all have shitty gameplay. Chrono Trigger is the best by far because of the fun story, cool C&C and better art.

Athelas

Arcane
Actually, Chrono Trigger's seamless battle transitions/visible enemies make battles much more bearable than the usual jRPG model of random battles popping out of nowhere with every few steps.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Nice! Probably going to buy it. But there's also that wizardry like blobber that gets released today, also WL2, that platformer called The Waste Land and ahhhh so many games so little time (and it's getting a bit expensive ^^)

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
Actually, Chrono Trigger's seamless battle transitions/visible enemies make battles much more bearable than the usual jRPG model of random battles popping out of nowhere with every few steps.

The difference is Chrono Trigger's battles are mindless and not fun.

Avellion

Erudite
Final Fantasy IV manages to be entertaining despite its simple combat, character building and story.

It knows its simplicity and embraces it, and just focuses on being an entertaining fantasy romp throughout. Focusing on the adventure rather than the details.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I was planning on playing this game but there seem to be tons of different remakes and re-releases. What's the best and worst version of FF4 and why?

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
SNES version because it doesn't look utter shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom