Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix Final Fantasy 15

Hassar

Scholar
I knew this game was going to be garbage from the moment they dropped Stella and I saw that the main cast would be a boy band. “Agni’s Philosophy” looked way more interesting even though it was only a tech demo.

Hassar

Scholar
No, I meant those things you equip besides weapons. Like Iron Bangle or Amethist Amulet or something. Give stat bonuses. I think they're called relics, they look like the ones in Final Fantasy 6, especially with you being able to use 2 of them for most of the game.

Royal weapons are poorly explained. Yeah, they're powerful but I don't get if they have a specific weapon type or not - I mean should I use Royal Spear against enemies weak to spear or they're separate class of weapons?.. They also give passive bonuses so it makes sense to stick them into every slot except the one weapon you actually use. And sometimes swithc one of them for a spell. Strange they allow you to change equipment whenever you want.
No, I meant those things you equip besides weapons. Like Iron Bangle or Amethist Amulet or something. Give stat bonuses. I think they're called relics, they look like the ones in Final Fantasy 6, especially with you being able to use 2 of them for most of the game.

Royal weapons are poorly explained. Yeah, they're powerful but I don't get if they have a specific weapon type or not - I mean should I use Royal Spear against enemies weak to spear or they're separate class of weapons?.. They also give passive bonuses so it makes sense to stick them into every slot except the one weapon you actually use. And sometimes swithc one of them for a spell. Strange they allow you to change equipment whenever you want.

Royal weapons are another dumb idea. No wonder the king died. His powers were limited to limited Nightcrawler-BAMFing, instant access to an armory, and grenades. The game designers really should have all been forced to commit seppuku at a press conference for this mess (tongue-in-cheek). Even Aranea (dragoon lady with ugly skirt) can’t save this mess. And who is Luna? She died and all I kept thinking about how ugly her shoes and hairstyle were. Meanwhile back in FFIV, V, and VI, the death of party members or allies were major plot points.

Last edited:

Morkar Left

Someone knows some hairmod for the main char? If I get to play it I would really appreciate a style that's a bit less faggy...

Perkel

Arcane
Well DQ11 didn't and also comes from SE.

Though KH3 will have such story that no one will understand it. KH1 had pretty simple story but everything after it just shit the bed and now you need encyclopedia and fan made charts to understand this insanity which evolved into typical japanese garbage.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://gematsu.com/2018/11/final-f...pisode-lunafreya-and-episode-noctis-cancelled

Final Fantasy XV DLCs ‘Episode Aranea,’ ‘Episode Lunafreya,’ and ‘Episode Noctis’ cancelled

Production on the April-announced Final Fantasy XV “The Dawn of the Future” downloadable contents “Episode Aranea,” “Episode Lunafreya,” and “Episode Noctis.”

Here is the official statement from Final Fantasy XV global brand director Akio Ofuji on the cancellation:

The Final Fantasy XV development team had been planning to release four new DLCs, together titled “The Dawn of the Future,” in spring 2019. This refers to Episode Ardyn, Episode Aranea, Episode Lunafreya, and Episode Noctis. That said, teh company has made an important directional change, and the decision has been made to re-examine these projects, concluding that production will be cancelled for Episode Aranea, Episode Lunafreya, and Episode Noctis, three out of the four DLCs planned. We are still developing Episode Ardyn, which continues to aim for a March 2019 release. I believe many fans have been eager to play these episodes, and the entire development team is regretful that we are unable to meet everyone’s expectations.

Allow me to provide additional insight into what we mean by a directional change for the company. A new company called Luminous Productions was formed, centered around the staff who had previously been developing the main game as part of Business Division 2, and the have continued to work on the project since. The main purpose of establishing Luminous Productions was to create a studio that can deliver a completely new AAA title to the global market. And due to this directional change, the company has decided to focus our resources on the development of this AAA title. This resulted in the decision to cancel the production of three out of the four DLCs originally planned and introduced.

Although this is extremely regretful, we hope everyone will continue to look forward to Episode Ardyn, which is still being developed in earnest. As for the new title currently in the works at Luminous Productions, we wish everyone will hold high hopes for our upcoming title as well.

https://gematsu.com/2018/11/hajime-tabata-departs-square-enix-and-luminous-productions

Hajime Tabata departs Square Enix and Luminous Productions

Final Fantasy XV director and Luminous Productions COO and head of studio Hajime Tabata has announced that he has left Square Enix and Luminous Studios as of October 31.

Here is the full departure message from Tabata:

Hello, this is Tabata.

It’s almost going to be two whole years since the release of Final Fantasy XV. I honestly believe the reason we were able to get this far is because of all you loyal fans. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Today, I have a personal announcement to make to all of you. I, Hajime Tabata, will be resigning from Luminous Productions and the Square Enix Group as of October 31, 2018.

I was able to gain so much experience with my time at Square Enix. Every title I was able to be a part of means a lot to me. However, Final Fantasy XV stood out from that group as it was a special project for me which I went all-in on.

Therefore, I decided to take this opportunity to officially announce my departure from Final Fantasy XV to all the fans who have supported the title across the globe.

In regards to my next endeavors and near future, I have a project that I truly wish to solidify as my next challenge after Final Fantasy XV. For that reason, I have decided to leave my current position and start my own business in order to achieve my goal.

As production of “Episode Ardyn” continues and Luminous Productions works on new projects, I felt that it was time for me to hand over the torch to the next generation group of talented and trustworthy colleagues and believe that they will create something amazing.

From this day on, I will cheer on and support Square Enix and Luminous Productions together with all of you fans.

I would like to thank everyone who continue to support Final Fantasy XV and those who have also supported myself personally.

—Hajime Tabata

wfqrlIx.jpg

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Tetsuya Nomura, the man responsible for Final Fantasy XV becoming trapped in development hell, is still employed by SquareEnix, but Hajime Tabata, the man who stepped in to create something publishable from that disaster, has been dismissed. :M

I've written several times about the myriad weaknesses of FF XV, but SquareEnix seems a trifle confused about the assignment of responsibility.

Grimlorn

Arcane
Well DQ11 didn't and also comes from SE.

Though KH3 will have such story that no one will understand it. KH1 had pretty simple story but everything after it just shit the bed and now you need encyclopedia and fan made charts to understand this insanity which evolved into typical japanese garbage.
Have you seen this?

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Tetsuya Nomura, the man responsible for Final Fantasy XV becoming trapped in development hell, is still employed by SquareEnix, but Hajime Tabata, the man who stepped in to create something publishable from that disaster, has been dismissed. :M

I've written several times about the myriad weaknesses of FF XV, but SquareEnix seems a trifle confused about the assignment of responsibility.
nomura is a hack even as a character designer. I dont get why SE give him so much leeway. Maybe he sucked the CEO dick 3 times a day or something.

tet666

Augur

Every game Tabata created so far is complete and utter shit even by SE's low standards, but yeah at least he created something i guess that's better then nothing.

Last edited:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
also i dont understand why nomura shit crap retard got a better job. his design are all retarded as it is drawn by a guy in his 40s who never got out of his emo phase.

Yoshitaka Amano is way way way way more superior as an artist.
amano3.jpg
amano2.jpg
amano4.jpg
ww-yoshitakaamanoillustrations_artbook_pp16_17.jpg

comapre to this:

hb8tffmhg86ftk3ejvdt.jpg

DoHpeA4UYAA19RC-656x542.jpg

Adon

Arcane
Just as well. No amount of DLC could get me interested in this game. Everything about it sounds like a mess, and all the DLC seems like a band-aid solution for releasing such a broken product.

Being that this was spearheaded by Tabata never helped either. Regardless of whether or not he salvaged anything; assuming that this is the case as I've heard different things regarding vXIII's development and its transition to XV that places the blame on SE's project management much more so than Nomura. Either way, the only game he's made that I have a soft spot for is 3rd Birthday and even that has its fair share of problems.

However, I do wish him luck. However mediocre his output has been there's always been some good potential underneath his games.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
also i dont understand why nomura shit crap retard got a better job. his design are all retarded as it is drawn by a guy in his 40s who never got out of his emo phase.

Yoshitaka Amano is way way way way more superior as an artist.
/snip
comapre to this:
/snip

I think the problem is Amano's artwork was always more on the inspirational side as it could not be directly implemented into tangible game assets. And when it could as technology had advanced enough to enable that I think 3D artists were calling the shots and artwork basically became drawn in that "this needs to be a blueprint for what we want it look in the game". Basically, artists and designers are not the same thing and think differently in terms of visuals, or what they should aim for.

You could argue Kefka's final form(s) in FF6 as you fight him upwards was the closest FF ever came to adapting Amano's artwork.

Dh-AHHBDU0-AAd-Px0.jpg

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
It's been 15 years since the merger, but I think you still can discern Square side and Enix side of SE. Nier, tri-Ace games, and, of course, DQ are more of Enix side of things. While Square side has some blockbusters like FF, Enix games have been more of niche to global audience. (But Nier: Automata sure was a breakthrough.)

Kallinyo

Novice
Nier: Automata was unorthodox, that's what makes it great. I guess KH3 would be the best thing that they make for current gen, still, it's sad to hear about what happened.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom