Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix Final Fantasy 15

ChaDargo

Arcane
:notsureifserious:

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
It's generally a bad sign when the demo crashes on you. Also, that dragged out tutorial with Carbuncle messaging you surely could've been handled better. At least it's skippable.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
It's generally a bad sign when the demo crashes on you. Also, that dragged out tutorial with Carbuncle messaging you surely could've been handled better. At least it's skippable.

The tutorial is awfully implemented, I think it was tacked on in a later patch (together with the lore tutorial because no one understood the convoluted mess). It feels very 90s - and even in the 90s Square did it better.

aris

Arcane
Tried playing for a few hours, and all I did was hold a button to win combat, and spend absolute fucking ages pointlessly walking between checkpoints, with no real rhyme or reason as to why.
Say what? I think you have been duped, you were playing another game.

Falksi

Arcane
Tried playing for a few hours, and all I did was hold a button to win combat, and spend absolute fucking ages pointlessly walking between checkpoints, with no real rhyme or reason as to why.
Say what? I think you have been duped, you were playing another game.

Huh? THat's all you do. Literally hold circle and beat enemies, then walk to the next set with fuck all interesting in between.

What excitement did I encounter? Wow, I got to push a car and take some photos. Fuck me the absolute height of adventure. Forget pissing in a Sauron's eye from the top of Mount Doom whilst jumping onto a giant Eagle's back to safety, or summoning a plethora of Espers in order to kill your father-from-dream-dimension in giant Sin form, I now get to bump start a car.

It's fucking wank.

Arthandas

Prophet
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/fina...cked-four-days-prior-to-its-official-release/

4ce.gif

Mojobeard

Augur
:| Everything surrounding FFXV is interesting. I don't know if anything quite like it exists.
It's essentially a corporation throwing money at something until they decide it's good enough. The amount of effort and workforce they spend to alter it after release is remarkable.
Of course, FFXIV had something similar; the game was at a sad state originally, but with the release of Realm Reborn, it's one of the biggest, if not THE biggest, MMOs of today. And they seem to think they can turn it around the same way with this.

But after all this time, they still don't know what is good about it, what parts the players liked. Is there anything to salvage, and what? They've countless times asked players on their opinion of what to add or change in the story.
It's like the biggest EA ever, that someone else made, they then picked up, and don't know which parts were left unfinished. Even though it is them that made it.

Falksi

Arcane
:| Everything surrounding FFXV is interesting. I don't know if anything quite like it exists.
It's essentially a corporation throwing money at something until they decide it's good enough. The amount of effort and workforce they spend to alter it after release is remarkable.
Of course, FFXIV had something similar; the game was at a sad state originally, but with the release of Realm Reborn, it's one of the biggest, if not THE biggest, MMOs of today. And they seem to think they can turn it around the same way with this.

But after all this time, they still don't know what is good about it, what parts the players liked. Is there anything to salvage, and what? They've countless times asked players on their opinion of what to add or change in the story.
It's like the biggest EA ever, that someone else made, they then picked up, and don't know which parts were left unfinished. Even though it is them that made it.

WI simply can't believe how long FF15 was in development, and how empty and flat it is as a game.

There's just fuck all worthy of noting in there. It's one of the most lifeless games I've ever played, backed up with outdated gay aesthetics. The "trendy" boy band you control aren't even trendy, they're stuck in the 00's fashion-wise, and FF15 just fails in every single way.

Worst game I've played in a long time.

Viata

Arcane
Do remember that after Nomura watched Les Misérables, he wanted to turn FFXV into a musical game:
Intentions to turn Final Fantasy XV into a musical after Nomura had seen the 2012 film adaptation of Les Misérables were vetoed by the higher-ups at Square Enix.[36]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_of_Final_Fantasy_XV#Development

So yeah, FFXV took a long time to develop because they had no fucking idea what the hell they were doing. Versus XIII has the best trailer:

The moment they decided you could only play as Noctis, the game was already dead.

kalganoat

Savant
FF15 is why giving too much freedom to creators is a bad idea. Japs love to promote their celebrity directors/producers and these people have absolute power within the department. Eventually the management would have to rein in their ambition cause they need to get a game out on time and under budget. But these celebrities all think they are hot shit after getting their ego stroked for so long they will throw a hissy fit and quit. Just think about all those famous Jap creators, most of them are no longer with their original publishers. Why? All because of 'creative differences'. Very few of them are able to work under restraint and build a positive relationship with their employer. Hidetaka Miyazaki is one of them.

Suicidal

Arcane
So how fun is it to run around killing shit, doing quests and exploring in this game?

The idea of playing as 4 faggot boy band members cruising around a fantasy world in their luxury car is hilarious but I'm not gonna bother if the gameplay is ass.

Mojobeard

Augur
It's not the worst game I've played. I was decently entertained around the end of the open world section, after which the linear part starts and everything goes downhill. If you abuse warp strikes and magic, the fights don't take forever either.

Falksi

Arcane
So how fun is it to run around killing shit, doing quests and exploring in this game?

The idea of playing as 4 faggot boy band members cruising around a fantasy world in their luxury car is hilarious but I'm not gonna bother if the gameplay is ass.

It's mind-numbingly dull, and insultingly none-interactive. Hold circle to win.

To regain MP instantly you throw your weapon at a wall and hang from it. I shit you not.

Mojobeard

Augur
If you want everything to go as slow and boring as possible, you can hold circle and slowly win. But spamming warp strikes (locking on and mashing triangle) is much more faster and effective. Also gives you more AP. Also looks anime as fuck.
For buddy abilities, Prompto is useless, and Gladiolus can overkill one guy if his slow ass animation catches up. Ignis on the other hand, can instantly heal the entire party with an ability you can buy after the first fight.

It is not very involving in any way though.

Suicidal

Arcane
Doesn't sound promising. Maybe will wait for a big sale. Or just watch a let's play.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom