Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix Final Fantasy 15

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Stella is common name for a woman. And I rembember Luna from Sailor senchi.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Mmmmm.

Stella-Artois-copo-e-garrafa_1-e1358888588550.jpg

Krraloth

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2
It's quite fun to butcher a language that I will have to study for the next 3 years. Check your Latinist privilege Jasede.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
You have to study Latin for 3 years? What are you pursuing, an archaeology degree?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Woah, dropped out to work early? Well, I can't complain, I dropped math to travel the US for years and now I'm trying to get my college degree at 29 myself.

Krraloth

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2
I'm going to support myself with some extras here and there since is a evening school but it's a fully funded project (POLIS) so aside from living costs I don't really need to pay for anything.

Avellion

Erudite
More info has been revealed.
  1. Combat will be very flashy with heavily flashy moves and abilities, implying BioWare did not patent the awesome button.
  2. You can pause in combat to adjust party members weapons, behaviour, and probably move people around as well.
  3. The weapon system will be treated like a deck. Weapons can be set on the deck in the menu and the most appropriote weapon in the deck will be used depending on the context.
  4. Evasion is done through evasive movement, which allows players to move around defensively avoiding attacks. To activate this stance, players hold down the defense button, which certainly is more accessable than gonig after the defend button seen in Ni No Kuni.
  5. There will be a day and night system, with enemies being more aggressive at night.
  6. Friendship and journey will be the themes of the story. Expect to see the world saved by the power of friendship at some point in the game.
  7. There will be no Wimminz in your party, only men boys.

Martius

Liturgist
I'm so happy that this series is coming to PC now that it's a piece of shit. Let's hope Persona 6 sucks.
Uhm, and what Persona 6 (seeing anything from 5 first would be nice) have to with with Final Fantasy 15? Well, expect general genre.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I just want the Persona games on PC. Apparently, a JRPG series has to go to shit before that happens.

Martius

Liturgist
I just want the Persona games on PC. Apparently, a JRPG series has to go to shit before that happens.
Oh, right! Personally I would welcome all Atlus developed games on pc. Sadly, it will take some time because of pc market status in Japan. Square is much bigger and they are trying to do it right now, who knows how long it would take for Atlus to jump in.

Martius

Liturgist
Sega is also Japanese company so its same problem. Heck, they even wont localize some of their own series like Yakauza! On the other hand I was not expecting ps4 version of Persona 5 so fast. Maybe it wont take that long, lets say one or two decades.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Tabata's also in pursuit of a Final Fantasy that's not as overwhelming as its predecessors, and one that can be enjoyed by a broader audience. "With Final Fantasy 15, I do want to make it more casual," he says. "Of course the depth of the game is going to be there, but I want to make it so players can easily experience the satisfaction of the depth of the game." There's an option to set that car to drive itself, allowing players to sit back and take in the sights - although there is also an option to drive it manually, should they want to engage more fully with the world.

"Another example is in the combat," explains Tabata. "With the hardware specifications of the newer consoles, it's possible to set it up so you have different enemies and different choices of attacks you can enter in, but I want to simplify that. It'll basically be a one-button action, and the AI intuitively outputs an action that kind of satisfies, gives you that instant gratification, and it connects with the simple touch of a button. I myself am not getting any younger. I don't want to be frantically pushing buttons. I also want to utilise the intelligence of the hardware spec, and not have to go through too much hassle or trouble in order to execute moves."

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
"Another example is in the combat," explains Tabata. "With the hardware specifications of the newer consoles, it's possible to set it up so you have different enemies and different choices of attacks you can enter in, but I want to simplify that. It'll basically be a one-button action, and the AI intuitively outputs an action that kind of satisfies, gives you that instant gratification, and it connects with the simple touch of a button.
Can we have Nomura back?

Delterius

Arcane
Xzibit and Pimp My Ride Proud To Be a Part of Final Fantasy XV
by Jack · September 19, 2014

While he may have accidentally leaked the ending where Noctis and the gang finally make it to the taping of Pimp My Ride, Xzibit could not be any prouder of his work on the long anticipated Final Fantasy XV.In the new Final Fantasy XV trailer, we finally see the road trip concept in action with Noctis traveling the world in a flashy sports car. But apparently, the car is not flashy enough for him as the trip Noctis is taking will land him a coveted spot on the show Pimp My Ride as revealed in an interview with former director Tetsuya Nomura at the Tokyo Game Show.

“America had a show called Pimp My Ride that ended a few years ago,” explained Nomura, “I never saw a television program like this in Japan and I fell in love. This is what inspired the story and setting of Final Fantasy XV. By infusing this show into the game, I am giving it a unique flavor that no other game will ever have. I have been speaking with the rapper Xzibit and Viacom since 2008 in order to secure the rights necessary to bring my ideas to life. Square Enix has supported me fully in my dream after I argued that they gave Toriyama-san three games.”

Xzibit also recently talked about his involvement with the game in an interview earlier this month about projects he was working on. At the time, no one knew that he was talking about Final Fantasy XV, but upon closer inspection, some people could have figured it out.

“I’ve been doing some work over the last few years on a secret project with this company in Japan,” said Xzibit, “It’s actually about Pimp My Ride and if this goes well, the show might come back. I can say it’s a video game and there’s all sorts of magic and monsters going on. It’s off the hook. I’m actually in the game talking with this beautiful girl called Luna and she’s waiting for her friend Noctis to show up on the set of Pimp My Ride with her. This Noctis guy is traveling across this fantasy world in the car he wants to pimp out and it’s crazy and shit.”

Despite Nomura now focusing his attention solely on Kingdom Hearts III, the new director Hajime Tabata explained how he is carrying on Nomura’s vision for the game and how focusing on Pimp My Ride has changed his perception of the Final Fantasy franchise.

Final Fantasy means different things for different people, but I believe Pimp My Ride will unite all of them with its involvement in Final Fantasy XV, ” said Tabata, “Different gaming philosophies meld under the common link that is the rapper Xzibit. You can simply take the road trip straight to him and complete the game, a linear play style. Or you can take your time and explore the open world and fight classic Final Fantasy monsters in order to obtain tributes to give to Xzibit when you reach the end. This is quintessential classic Final Fantasy or it can be modern Final Fantasy depending on what you choose. And I have to thank Pimp My Ride and Xzibit for all of this.”

In the demo being released in March 2015, besides the actual game, players will also be able to watch a short two hour documentary about Pimp My Ride filmed by Nomura. He discusses the war between West Coast Customs and Galpin Auto Sports and how that inspired the designs for Chaos and Cosmos in Dissidia Final Fantasy.

http://www.p4rgaming.com/xzibit-and-pimp-my-ride-proud-to-be-a-part-of-final-fantasy-xv/

Machocruz

Arcane
Tabata's also in pursuit of a Final Fantasy that's not as overwhelming as its predecessors, and one that can be enjoyed by a broader audience. "With Final Fantasy 15, I do want to make it more casual," he says. "Of course the depth of the game is going to be there, but I want to make it so players can easily experience the satisfaction of the depth of the game." There's an option to set that car to drive itself, allowing players to sit back and take in the sights - although there is also an option to drive it manually, should they want to engage more fully with the world.

"Another example is in the combat," explains Tabata. "With the hardware specifications of the newer consoles, it's possible to set it up so you have different enemies and different choices of attacks you can enter in, but I want to simplify that. It'll basically be a one-button action, and the AI intuitively outputs an action that kind of satisfies, gives you that instant gratification, and it connects with the simple touch of a button. I myself am not getting any younger. I don't want to be frantically pushing buttons. I also want to utilise the intelligence of the hardware spec, and not have to go through too much hassle or trouble in order to execute moves."

:killit: Behead Tabata!

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
FF 13, where the combat fought itself and you had to do nothing, wasn't accessible enough! Make it simpler!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom