Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix Final Fantasy 15

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Your opinion on Ardyn? I asked Volourn but he must be chilling with some dwarfs or something.

PirateScum

Augur
Did just that dungeon some hours ago, thought myself clever and used Ramuh to insta kill those two red daemon thingies. But camera bugged out (fixed to the same angle) and I couldn't use the so called puzzle blocks anymore to 'proceed'.

Solution: exit the dungeon, save, reload and repeat the shitty puzzle part. :argh:

Andhaira

Arcane
Final Fantasy X will always be the best FF.

FF 12 was p. good too though

edit: Whoops, I meant the 'rpgs' only. The best Final Fantasy game overall was FF: Tactics without a doubt. Story was surprisingly gothic and dark as well. Agrias will always be my wifu :love:

Last edited:

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Got about 100+ hours in. Now trying to do some post game stuff. A camera bug in regular Costlemark is stopping my progress. Tried to go through 5 times already and the bug happens in various places. Going to have to wait for a patch now to get the special dungeon key.

Zep--

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So I started playing this and while it's not the best game ever, it is at least 10 times as good as all the other final fantasies combined. Holy shit why did it take them so long to put Star Ocean-like combat in a FF open world setting?

There are some negatives though. The car sections are dumb. It's just an on rails section where you can occasionally crash into people. The music sucks donkey balls. I don't know what it is with Japs but they love them some elevator music in games. FFXV's soundtrack could be mistaken for Gran Turismo 5. This is in stark contrast to FFXIII, which had fantastic music (but sucked in most other areas).

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
They made the combat not suck. Very similar to what Star Ocean has. Actually more reminiscent of the Ass Creed or Batman series, but a massive incline either way.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Meh...I use WAIT MODE...Real time was too much for my old brain.

Zep--

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Apparently they gutted the game before release and more than 50% of the story content didn't make it into the final version. It would explain why the game feels so empty and incomplete. Say what you will about Final Fantasy XIII's story, but at least it had one, even if it's pants-on-head retarded.

tet666

Augur
so how is the combat? can you do crazy moves dodge around and jump combos like in kingdom hearts or is it boring?

Take the most braindead 1 button action battle system you can imagine and dumb it down and you get this, KH is a high skill game in comparison.
It looks flashy that's about it but as you can see here there are derps even defending this shit not to mention the combat is actually the best thing about this game since story, quests and so on suck even more.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Apparently they gutted the game before release and more than 50% of the story content didn't make it into the final version. It would explain why the game feels so empty and incomplete. Say what you will about Final Fantasy XIII's story, but at least it had one, even if it's pants-on-head retarded.
Considering the 3 big story dlc's, plus them adding more movies and more content through the next year to 'finish' the single player campaign experience, If I had bought the game at release I would be pretty pissed right now.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
so how is the combat? can you do crazy moves dodge around and jump combos like in kingdom hearts or is it boring?

Good

Yes

Yes

God no.

After FFXIII (and all the others to be honest) it's friggen fantastic.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Take the most braindead 1 button action battle system you can imagine and dumb it down and you get this, KH is a high skill game in comparison.
It looks flashy that's about it but as you can see here there are derps even defending this shit not to mention the combat is actually the best thing about this game since story, quests and so on suck even more.

Name 1 Final Fantasy that had better combat, dumbshit. One.

tet666

Augur

Name 1 Final Fantasy that had better combat, dumbshit. One.

you are trying way too hard.

Anyway pretty much liked then all better only played XIII itself from the XIII saga and it's by far my least favortite but it's still better then the braindead 1 button action shit in FFXV.

My personal favorite is the Final Fantasy X-2 ATB system. It is an incredible balance of fast-paced and traditional turn based combat. It features an outstanding number of jobs for your characters to pick and choose from on the fly, and hundreds of abilities to play with say what you want about X-2s story but the combat is the best in the series by a longshot .
After that probably FFT and FFV or VI dunno.

Last edited:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Eh. I haven't played this game in about a week. It's not horrible but just doesn't motivate me to play. One of the big weaknesses is this is BY FAR the worst combat I've experience in a FF game. Spamming buttons for giggles isn't cool. Also, the pinball game is... irrelevant. What is the point? Can you lose it? I got through 10 'levels' and just quit out. L0L Hopefully, I can get back into it but I dunno. There at eparts I like well enough.. but.. eh.

I REALLY do hope they release that FF1-FF9 collection on xboxone though. Then I can get some actual fun FF action once again. L0L

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Dafuq are you all smoking?

This is Final Fantasy 15. Not 13. Spamming single buttons? What in the actual fuck? :retarded:

resilient sphere

Educated
I hope guys like Zarniwoop can share the fantastic ways they've found to make this game fun. Don't see it myself

tet666

Augur
I hope guys like Zarniwoop can share the fantastic ways they've found to make this game fun. Don't see it myself

RTOCBYt.png

hackncrazy

Savant
I just finished the game and I have to congratulate Square Enix.

I was never a fan of turn-based battles in FF games (XII is my favorite because of the pseudo real time battles), but they managed to make a real time system that is 100 times worst than all of the other FFs combined.

Why a human being needs 5 fingers in any hand if he can finish FF XV only holding circle/B?

And also, I just want to know when the new trend of AI partners in games is going to end. I mean, is nice when you have AI partners that you can choose to use it or not, like Dragon's Crown. But please, don't make me play an entire game with partners that I have absolutely no control over.

This game is not even worth for making a challenge run. If you really love FF, play it for the visuals, shitty story and that's it.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Fine faggots, I will play this shit in the real world, where combat consists of dodging, attacking, warping and crazy jumping around in midair. You have fun in wacky imaginationland where you use only 1 button.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom