Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Fig - a new equity-based crowdfunding platform - shut down, RIP

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Disabled the rating system. Hmm.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
New campaign, Trackless: https://www.fig.co/campaigns/trackless

For 8 years Aubrey worked on Wolfire games like Overgrowth and Receiver, but in 2015 he decided to depart on a journey into making his own games. After a year of experimental prototypes, 12 East Games was founded in order to fully develop something new.

Trackless is an atmospheric first-person exploration and puzzle game set in the distant future. Inspired by classic games like Zork, Shadowgate, andKing’s Quest, Trackless uses text input that allow you to interact with characters and objects.

In the game, you play as a Seeker, someone who has decided to take a journey into the mountains to attempt a series of trials that, if completed, will lead you to a monolith called The Object. No one knows what The Object is or where it came from, but clues exist surrounding this intractable mystery.

Unlike many adventures games, interacting with characters is a critical element of completing the trials and finding The Object. Along the way, you will learn about this strange future inspired by real places and ideas. There will be many people to meet. Some may want to help you, while others might want to keep you in the dark.

Exploring a diverse set of locations and solving puzzles will earn you currency, which you can buy upgrades for your phone and gain access to new areas. Your in-game phone will help you find clues and give you special abilities. Would you choose the Black Ice or Cute Meow?

No exploration game can be complete without music. We are super excited to be working with MAKEUP AND VANITY SET for the Original Sound Track for Trackless. Perhaps, you have heard their latest work for Brigador.

Mustawd

Got this is in my inbox:

Announcing the first Fig campaign of 2017!
Happy New Year! We're excited to share with you the very first Fig campaign of the year:

Little Bug by Buddy System

07ad39f3-59a5-4be2-b6a6-20069dd0ac91.jpg

In Little Bug, you play as a lost girl and her powerful firefly, harnessing their telekinetic connection to jump, swing, and destroy obstacles. The dark world of Little Bug features atmospheric low poly scenes splashed with mysterious hand drawn apparitions, accompanied by a gorgeously eerie original soundtrack - interested in learning more?

Also, it seems they recently had a successful campaign that closed in January.

https://www.fig.co/campaigns/kingdo..._term=0_dd6b04483b-992e29487e-160269153#about

EDIT: Oh....campaign ends tomorrow. You guys can still pledge preorder invest!

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I wonder what life is like for shills with absolutely no dignity? Do they enjoy it, hate it, or have they perhaps lost the ability to feel?

I'm talking about the rad lads in the demo vid belting out bogus exclamations of joy and exaggerated facial expressions while playing "artsy puzzle platformer #326,430."

Well, into the trash it goes.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
"Fig secures $7.84m in Series A financing": http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-01-19-fig-secures-USD7-84m-in-series-a-financing

Loose Tooth Industries Inc. (d/b/a "Fig"), the only crowdfunding platform and publisher that sells SEC-qualified shares tied to individual game projects, announced it has raised $7.84 million in Series A financing.

Spark Capital and Greycroft led the round, with participation from Resolute Ventures, NextView Ventures, and Draft Ventures. The investment will allow Fig to accelerate the number of innovative game projects made available to investors and backers on its unique crowdfunding platform, which lets fans support games through either rewards-based campaigns or by investing in shares tied to a game project securities, such as Fig Game Shares™.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...itiative_aimed_at_latestage_game_dev_woes.php

Fig kicks off $500k funding initiative aimed at late-stage game dev woes

Newsbrief: The crowdfunding company Fig has announced a new initiative focused on offering additional support to games successfully funded on the platform.

Through the Fig Finishing Fund, the company has set aside $500,000 to help developers cover the costs of localization, marketing, final polishing efforts, and the potential costs of launching on a platform like Steam Direct.

The fund is up and running as of today, and will continue through the rest of 2017.

Developers are guaranteed at least $20,000 in additional, Fig-provided funding if their crowdfunding campaign is both successful and manages to attract 1,000 or more total backers.

Fig hopes this additional financial infusion will help indie games tackle some of the late-stage development hurdles, like distribution and visibility, that it says can stand in the way of a successful game launch.

The company has encouraged interested developers to reach out to Fig founder and CEO Justin Bailey via email at justin@fig.co for more information.

Fry

Arcane
<cough>Publisher</cough>

It seems a bit inevitable that they'll eventually want a say in how Fig games are developed and marketed.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
They should call it the Fig Finishing Fund For Unlimited Uptime Utilization, or FFFFUUU, which is what deluded retards who don't think this can ever become a publisher-developer dynamic will be saying when they figure out that although they don't think it be like it is, it do.

:rage:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Looks like Dangerousanalysis might have gotten a deformation strike from FIG. He is not sure, but yeah... watch the video.

He made this video about FIG 2015:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
These baseless accusations always make my piss boil. I hope I won't forget to come back to these videos after P2 gets released and nobody gets scammed, and say: WHAT CAN YOU SAY NOW, RETARDS?

Mustawd

The first one was retarded in many ways, but there was some interesting points on the equity structure. Not sure if he ever went back and revised or added another video though. As some of my more rambly posts point out, each fig offering seems to have different equity structures, and apparently Psychonauts 2 was a very unique structure compared to other ones. I says seems because I only ever looked at the offering reports from WL3 and P2.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
That one was posted yes, but did you guys miss the first video? It was just a reminder what he published before as to why he might have gotten a strike from Fig.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
These baseless accusations always make my piss boil. I hope I won't forget to come back to these videos after P2 gets released and nobody gets scammed, and say: WHAT CAN YOU SAY NOW, RETARDS?

Baseless. He adds several thousand of dollars to the Kickstarter and a few seconds later it shows up as added funds. That is not strange at all, no no. Kinda big red flag for me, all to be able to get that sweet real money from actual people that pay, aka the pledger. Check some other FIG campaigns. Solo, got 68 thousand, wanted 64 thousand but only 18k was from actual pledges, 50k is fantasy money. This game wouldn't have made it if it wasn't for fantasy money.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Baseless. He adds several thousand of dollars to the Kickstarter and a few seconds later it shows up as added funds. That is not strange at all, no no. Kinda big red flag for me, all to be able to get that sweet real money from actual people that pay, aka the pledger. Check some other FIG campaigns. Solo, got 68 thousand, wanted 64 thousand but only 18k was from actual pledges, 50k is fantasy money. This game wouldn't have made it if it wasn't for fantasy money.
Yes, you could reserve an investment and add that to the funding. But that was only available to unaccredited investors and they couldn't really make it work any other way, because they didn't get their SEC approval yet. What would the other option be? They reserve the investment but it doesn't show up in the funding page? But that wouldn't show a correct picture about the campaign either way. In that case the campaign might have failed on paper, but in reality it didn't because there were investors lining up with their money, it's just that their reservations didn't show up on the page.

You see, people like you are only seeing Fig as a 100% scam page, so you assume that all those investment reservations are just scam from the developer. You just don't realize that these businesses with Feargus, Tim and Brian at the helm want to survive in the gaming industry, and with a scam like this, they would commit financial suicide, because this scam would be uncovered sooner or later. And after that, Double Fine, Obsidian, Inxile or any other FIG user's reputation would be damaged beyond repair. And lets not even talk about the lawsuits this might result.

So yes, these are baseless accusations. Show me any proof that this is a scam, show me an investor who filed a complaint about he/she being scammed. People who make these videos above look through Fig's contract, and they assume that the developers (especially Tim Schafer) will use some of the weak spots of the contract to scam pepole. But why are they only looking at the Psychonauts 2's campaign? Why don't they shit on the Wasteland 3 or Poe2 campaign? Because they know Double Fine is the current punching bag for youtube wiseguys.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Man, I don't care who it is, Shafer or Jesus, if a thing looks fishy I call it out and I hope other do it too instead of letting their inner fanboy shine through. And Wasteland 3 is even worse. They got 3 million, wanted 2,7, and out of those 3 million only 871k is actual pledges. Damn, 2,25 is fantasy money.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom