Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Fig - a new equity-based crowdfunding platform - shut down, RIP

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Next campaign is Scribblenauts studio 5TH Cell's new IP and it will go live on October 21: https://www.fig.co/

We’re excited to announce that 5TH Cell, makers of the award-winning Scribblenauts franchise, will be bringing an original IP to Fig on October 21, 2015. Accredited investors can pre-qualify and be among the first to participate in an investment opportunity related to 5TH Cell’s new game.

Perkel

Arcane
5th cell ? Didn't they release sribblen to almost all platforms in existance?

They also sold shitload so i guess this is what figs is for

Mustawd

They also sold shitload so i guess this is what figs is for

"iii"

EDIT: If they sold shitloads, I wonder what the incentive is to launch a game on Fig? Maybe Fig founders have guaranteed the thing won't fail (bogus pledges or self investing) and it gives 5th cell more autonomy....

If true then it's a win-win for 5th cell AND Fig. Hell, even for the investor, as a proven track record will increase the chances they'll recoup their money plus appropriate risk-adjusted returns.

Pretty slick way to begin jump start Fig if all that rampant speculation is true.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, the Scribblenauts devs are not nobodies like the last guys (C-list celebrity notwithstanding). Of course, it also depends on the appeal of the new game they're going to present.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Let's see if it's a hardcore old school cRPG.

You were almost, but not quite, entirely off.

https://www.fig.co/campaigns/anchors-in-the-drift

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...announces-f2p-action-rpg-anchors-in-the-drift

Scribblenauts dev announces F2P action-RPG Anchors in the Drift

Scribblenauts and Drawn to Life developer 5th Cell has launched a crowdfunding campaign on Fig for a free-to-play action-RPG entitled Anchors in the Drift.

jpg

An isometric dungeon crawler, Anchors in the Drift borrows one of God Hand's best ideas by letting players create their own attacks by merging together various commands in the form of cards. Players unlock said cards through adventuring, spending in-game currency, or forking over real world money.

Anchors in the Drift is set in a future earth after it's been invaded by an inter-dimensional empire called the Domain that has mucked about with time turning the world into a "quantum ocean" full of islands representing various civilizations throughout history. World War II era England, Ancient Egypt and Feudal Japan are just a few of the sorts of different environments you'll encounter.

Each island, or "Remnant" you come across will feature its own randomised modifiers, granting enemies buffs like extra health, increased damage or faster movement. The scenery too will have unpredictable conditions like lightning storms, fog and earthquakes.

There will be both a campaign, entitled Warfront, as well as an endless mode called Recon. By playing Recon, you can gather more gear to help in Warfront.

5th Cell is looking for $500k in the next 30 days to make Anchors of the Drift a reality. In less than a day it's already raised $74,360. Weirdly, this is across only 27 backers, but Fig allows backers to see a return on investment, so it seems like some investors decided to go big on this one.

Backing the minimum amount of $10 will grant players early access to Anchors in the Drift's closed beta.

Anchors in the Drift is planned for a summer 2016 release on PC.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Game looks like it's already well into development. I wonder if all Fig games will be like that. Lots of people on this forum might be up for that, actually. As soon as it's a non-popamole game.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Let's move this thread to General RPG Discussion for the duration.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
76k already.. not many normal backers though.

And yeah... kickstarting a free-to-play game. That just seems off.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Hmmmm... this fig thing is really something that brings confidence, first some indie walking simulator then some indie F2P Diablo clone, two of the least represented genres on today's market.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Their main target group really seems to be "investors", the backers are just peasants, increasing the returns and hopefully serve as social media shills and focus group.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Obsidian's episodic Skyrim-like pitch is going to feel right at home on this site.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I know that's what they're planning, but I still have no clue how it could possibly work.
I figure it'll be like Dragon Age Inquisition, a series of large hubs to explore.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
I think you're taking Feargus' babblings from years ago a bit too seriously.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom